The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mighty Quins Team for Sat

4 posters

Go down

Mighty Quins Team for Sat Empty Mighty Quins Team for Sat

Post by yappysnap Fri 30 Sep 2011, 3:42 pm

The team sheets up and it's looking good!

We see a number of players return for this game including Will Skinner, Joe Marler, James Johnston and Tom Casson. Seb Stegmann starts at 11 due to Monyes knock (he'll be fit for Leicester).

Brilliant to see O'Shea put his faith in young Luke Wallace though and bench Skinner, Luke looks like a great prospect and has to have been the form 7 of the season so far (all 3 matches he's played).

Hopefully we'll see young centre/wing prospect Casson come on as well for his first game of the season, he's looked good over the last few years but never really settled or nailed a spot in the starting squad.

Lastly a shout out to Ollie Kohn who celebrates his 100th appearence for Quins on Sat. I'm sure there'll be some special words written on Marler for it.

15 MIKE BROWN
14 SEB STEGMANN
13 GEORGE LOWE
12 JORDAN TURNER-HALL
11 SAM SMITH
10 NICK EVANS
9 KARL DICKSON
1 MARK LAMBERT
2 JOE GRAY
3 TIM FAIRBROTHER
4 OLLIE KOHN
5 GEORGE ROBSON
6 CHRIS ROBSHAW ©
7 LUKE WALLACE
8 CHRIS YORK

THE BENCH
16 CHRIS BROOKER "FR"
17 JOE MARLER "FR"
18 JAMES JOHNSTON "FR"
19 CHARLIE MATTHEWS
20 WILL SKINNER
21 RICHARD BOLT
22 RORY CLEGG
23 TOM CASSON

Quins by 7.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Mighty Quins Team for Sat Empty Re: Mighty Quins Team for Sat

Post by Geordie Wed 05 Oct 2011, 12:24 pm

Do you think Wallaces emergence will end Robshaws flirt with the 7 position and cements him as a 6.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Wed 05 Oct 2011, 12:46 pm

I've been really impressed with Wallace too, the lad seems to have something about him. Quin's backrow resources are looking really good. Chris Robshaw, Maurie Fa'asavalu, Tom Guest, Will Skinner, Chris York and Nick Easter (Don't care what anybody says, he's an excellent club player). That is impressive depth.

Only two NEQ players in the entire match day squad (Fairbrother is qualified I think) is a fantastic effort too.

I don't want to tempt fate, but I'd say Quins by 7 is conservative with the way Tigers are ATM.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 05 Oct 2011, 1:35 pm

Tigers will have Castro, White, Skivington, Allen and Alesana Tuilagi back. Hopefully Young will shake his knock off as well. So, touch wood, we'll see the improved performance at Bath taken to another level at Welford Rd.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed 05 Oct 2011, 11:14 pm

Geordie, to be honest i have no idea How O'Shea will do this! On current form i'd have:
Robshaw
Wallace
Easter

Fa'asavalu on the bench.

But then when Guest is back he has to be played, York has looked completely at home at 8 as well and hasn't done anything to be dropped and Skinner has been a brilliant servant for the club!

I can only guess there'll be a bit of rotation and a very different line up for the anglo-welsh.

Sam those players coming back will help Tigers a heck of a lot, as we saw on the weekend you boys were starting to come good anyhows so i'm nervous of this weekend.

I can only hope the extra team unity will help us out and you play it fast and loose again.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 06 Oct 2011, 10:59 am

The defence was looking a good deal better last weekend but we did not dominate either territory or possession. Bath are toothless compared to Quins in attack so it should be close. Hopefully having a better tight five will allow us to control the game better and with Welford Rd cheering the team on we will hopefully see more improvements.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:26 am

Well if we play anything like we did against Sale then you shouldn't have anything to fear. Yes we can score alot, but that doesn't help too much when you let the opposition score from every turn over.

I kid you not, 3 turn overs became 3 tries against Sale, our defence had just gone to sleep in the second half, and even when it was getting close we still tried running from all over the place.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:36 am

Tigers have at least shown good committment through the course of the game but the amount of turnovers won hasn't been that impressive, in fact pretty damn poor, Bath game aside. We're more likely to eek penalties out of you. I'm hoping the all action partnership of Slater and Parling continue to be a menace in the loose until Deacon returns to give us the second row grunt we are still missing.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:54 am

Just looked at the head to head stats between the two teams. It's bloody depressing reading! Comprehensively tonked in all departments.

It'd be great for the team to get a win tomorrow and this really could be a season defining game, I genuinely can not imagine a better chance then this to ever beat Tigers at WR.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:01 am

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Richard-Cockerill-offers-pay-Harlequins-star-s/story-13503008-detail/story.html

This story gave me a laugh. Might want to have a word with Dickson though, 'aging front five'?

Stanko - 32
Chuter - 35
Castro - 29
Slater - 23
Parling - 26

Not that old, 26 to 33 is peak age for props. Chuter may be past it (too much to hope the much better Tom Youngs will start) but I think Slater and Parling would take exception to be called 'aging'.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down