The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Austin Vs Punk

+2
sodhat
djcc2004
6 posters

Go down

Austin Vs Punk Empty Austin Vs Punk

Post by djcc2004 Mon 03 Oct 2011, 1:32 pm

People may of already seen this

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3836427/Steve-Austin-Id-pick-CM-Punk-for-my-final-match.html

but i have been thinking for a while that this match is likely to happen in the next couple of years.

Do people want to see this match?

i feel that he has seen the rocks come back and this has tempted him to consider one more match.

djcc2004

Back to top Go down

Austin Vs Punk Empty Re: Austin Vs Punk

Post by sodhat Mon 03 Oct 2011, 1:38 pm

I don't think there is a wrestling fan alive that wouldn't want to see this match.

It would be great for Austin to underline his career with one more match, before he can honestly say that he's hanging them up full stop.

Punk is at the moment the best in the WWE and I think a feud with Austin up to WM one year would smash him through the ceiling to the undisputed number 1 spot!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Mon 03 Oct 2011, 2:10 pm

Add in the fact that the feud would write itself.

Punk Vs. Austin. Straight Edge Vs. Well not straight edge.

I'd love to see it. You have to laugh at thier little spats on Twitter.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 03 Oct 2011, 2:29 pm

While I think their feud could write itself I can't see how any feud vs Austin would make Punk anything other than a heel if he used the straight edge gimmick

While I know to him it's more than just a gimmick, it's hard to come across as anything other than a preacher with it, I'd rather Punk just used his Best in the World gimmick

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 03 Oct 2011, 2:32 pm

easily could work that too gaffer, Punk could be saying he is the best in the world and one of the most popular there has ever been and Austin could come in and say that he politely disagrees. I struggle to see how Punk stays face against Austin regardless of what they do though!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 03 Oct 2011, 2:39 pm

If Punk/Austin results in a Punk heel turn I'd not touch it, Punk has created a massive buzz, it's been a long time since a face gas stirred up such united emotion from the fans, turning him would be foolish IMO, personally I could see both being super over faces

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 03 Oct 2011, 2:45 pm

I'd certainly hope so and I agree a Punk turn suits no-one.

The problem for me is that Austin is so over as one of the greatest of all time, and the buzz that a match would cause would be epic. The fact is, Punk would have to needle him, and he likewise to Punk, because I'm sure no one wants to see one of these 'I have such great respect for you' matches -- wouldn't work for me.

And in that case I can only see the crowd siding with Austin, and Punk would get a Cena-like reaction. Not that this has to result in a turn, but I can definitely see that it's possible.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 03 Oct 2011, 2:56 pm

Definately agree that although the straight edge vs beer drinking SOB is the most logical route, it would do Punk no favours at all.

Anti-establishment hero v Anti-establishment hero is the way to go with this. It could be dynamite.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Mon 03 Oct 2011, 4:24 pm

I agree with Mr H on this one, if it was to happen, it should happen as a face vs face with no clear favourite to find out who is the better guy.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down