The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martin Castrogiovanni

+3
Rava
LondonTiger
Portnoy
7 posters

Go down

Martin Castrogiovanni Empty Martin Castrogiovanni

Post by Portnoy Wed 05 Oct 2011, 10:37 am

The media have commonly pointed out the Injury to Martin Castrogiovanni as the pivotal point in the Ireland v Italy game. And I agree because it seemed to swing the balance of power in the scrum (but only I'd say, accelerating the inevitable).

What is his injury and how bad is it?

It would not take Sherlock Holmes to discover my interest in the matter.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Martin Castrogiovanni Empty Re: Martin Castrogiovanni

Post by LondonTiger Wed 05 Oct 2011, 10:38 am

I doubt we will see him starting against Quins - though that would be true injury or not.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed 05 Oct 2011, 10:56 am

Given the massive hits he took from 1F and SOB it was obvious Ireland felt he was a danger. Italy losing him certainly made the job a bit easier.

I like/loathe him and hope he is fit again soon. I wouldn't want him missing from the HEC matches against Ulster.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 05 Oct 2011, 11:01 am

I doubt we will see him starting against Quins - though that would be true injury or not

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Let-play-Castro-pleads-Cockers-crack-leaders/story-13482228-detail/story.html

or more likely we will.

Given the massive hits he took from 1F and SOB it was obvious Ireland felt he was a danger. Italy losing him certainly made the job a bit easier.

Yes, certainly didn't help the first of those was miles offside and included the Irish flanker driving his shoulder into Castro's face. I notice how the media have been quick to condem Armitage but an almost identical hit on an Italian is completely overlooked. Though it wasn't those hits that did him, it was a carry where he over stretched and without him the Italian front row fell apart. Italy really needed him for a good 60 minutes if they were to compete against Ireland. If he had stayed on and if Italy had got a little more rub of the green it could have been a close one.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 05 Oct 2011, 11:56 am

Hvae a ghard time sympathising with the Italians , Castro or not, after the rub that chap had of the greens eyes.

Lets not get overboard against dubious in play tackles when thats going on.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by tecphobe Wed 05 Oct 2011, 1:38 pm

spot on the level of dirt and thuggery in that match from the italians was unbelievable they didnt turn up wanting to play rugby

tecphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferris+O'Brien+Heaslip Wed 05 Oct 2011, 1:47 pm

He got what was coming talked plenty of Poopie leading up to the game. He will be avoiding the Ulster match like the plague he wants no more of Ferrs

Ferris+O'Brien+Heaslip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down