The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V2 WCC Round 1 Group 7

+14
Mort
NickisBHAFC
Stonee21
Dr Gregory House MD
JamesLincs
JoshSansom
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Celtic Warrior
statiksupernova
Mr H
psycho-gooner
TopoftheChops
ADMIN
MtotheC
18 posters

Go down

Please vote for the wrestler you rate the highest

V2 WCC Round 1 Group 7 Vote_lcap40%V2 WCC Round 1 Group 7 Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 19 ]
V2 WCC Round 1 Group 7 Vote_lcap40%V2 WCC Round 1 Group 7 Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 19 ]
V2 WCC Round 1 Group 7 Vote_lcap4%V2 WCC Round 1 Group 7 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
V2 WCC Round 1 Group 7 Vote_lcap4%V2 WCC Round 1 Group 7 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
V2 WCC Round 1 Group 7 Vote_lcap10%V2 WCC Round 1 Group 7 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 5 ]
V2 WCC Round 1 Group 7 Vote_lcap2%V2 WCC Round 1 Group 7 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 48

V2 WCC Round 1 Group 7 Empty V2 WCC Round 1 Group 7

Post by MtotheC Thu 06 Oct 2011, 8:55 am

Please vote for the wrestler you rate the highest and the top two will progress to the next round!

Please try to leave a comment why you voted!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

V2 WCC Round 1 Group 7 Empty Re: V2 WCC Round 1 Group 7

Post by MtotheC Thu 06 Oct 2011, 8:57 am

N.B wrestler no.2 is the miz his name seams to have been chopped off!

Last edited by Hero on Thu 06 Oct 2011, 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sorted for you)

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 06 Oct 2011, 9:01 am

As much as I would have liked to voted for Edwards I have to go for AJ. Should Lashley even be in the poll, surely he's regarded as inactive for long enough?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Thu 06 Oct 2011, 9:06 am

Miz is the future of the WWE and he will be around the top for many years to come. Still needs to improve in-ring skills, but he has got a high level of charisma, which VKM obviously saw.

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Thu 06 Oct 2011, 9:36 am

AJ, his in-ring skills are second to none in the business IMO

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 06 Oct 2011, 9:44 am

Without sounding harsh because you are doing a sterling job with this MtotheC, but you could have saved alot of time by cutting all the guys who blatently havent got a hope in hell of going through. You should have made the groups stronger and more competitive to make the voters choice more difficult and to create more debate as we'd have to overlook some seriously worthy talent.

Granted, this is likely to happen in the next round anyway when all the guff has been eliminated, but you could have saved yourself the time because every group so far has been fairly clear cut.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by statiksupernova Thu 06 Oct 2011, 9:44 am

The Miz because bar the gap from when he had no storyline to now he was at the top of his game

statiksupernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Thu 06 Oct 2011, 9:54 am

Has to be AJ for me. He's a fantastic worker and despite sounding like a hillbilly, he's reasonable on the mic.

The Na9 in me wants to vote YOSHI TATSU!! but it has to be AJ.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu 06 Oct 2011, 11:28 am

@ mr h thanks for your feedback, your idea did cross my mind at the inception of this competition however I just felt that by including as many guys as poss it would add more longevity and a level playing field, the seedings have kept apart all the top guys and I knew that may cause some issues in the early stages but I feel the next round and latter stages will be richer for this. I just hope people stick with it until that point! If people wanted this to happen again next year then maybe we could look at tweaking the format to make the early stages a bit more interesting.

Feedback is welcome from all as I want to make this idea something that everybody can get involved in and enjoy, so if you've got any ideas on how to improve the comp please post bellow.

Cheers

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 06 Oct 2011, 11:30 am

I do think it should have been that everyone could vote two, as with most of the rounds there's a clear fave but the choice for 2nd could be more interesting.
The other day Kurt Angle walked it but I reckon a lot more people would have had Colt Cabana as their back up over Kane.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 06 Oct 2011, 11:53 am

The Miz is a sensation.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Thu 06 Oct 2011, 11:57 am

I would also say that like a football World Cup you could go for having two of the prelim rounds per day... that way interest will still be there for the important stages!

Apart from that I think it is a great competition and would like to congratulate and thank you for taking the time to run it.

I voted for Miz because: a) I think he is doing really well in the WWE at the moment and has an interesting character b) he is excellent on the mic c) AJ hasn't had many great story lines in the time I have been watching TNA - maybe if I had three or four years ago my vote would have been different.

Either way I think this will be a fairly easy group with the only interest who qualifies top.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 06 Oct 2011, 12:08 pm

MtotheC wrote:@ mr h thanks for your feedback, your idea did cross my mind at the inception of this competition however I just felt that by including as many guys as poss it would add more longevity and a level playing field, the seedings have kept apart all the top guys and I knew that may cause some issues in the early stages but I feel the next round and latter stages will be richer for this. I just hope people stick with it until that point! If people wanted this to happen again next year then maybe we could look at tweaking the format to make the early stages a bit more interesting.

Feedback is welcome from all as I want to make this idea something that everybody can get involved in and enjoy, so if you've got any ideas on how to improve the comp please post bellow.

Cheers

Good stuff. Like i said i wasnt having a pop or trying to be critical, it just seems that before anyone has even voted it is fairly obvious which 2 will progress. But like you say if its for the benefit of providing a level playing field and longetivity then who am i to tell you thats wrong.

Keep up the good work pal, and im sure the next round will provide more of a selection headache...

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu 06 Oct 2011, 12:14 pm

Josh please YouTube AJ styles vs Samoa Joe vs Daniels for the x division title. It is one of the greatest matches I have every watched and really shows you just how good AJ is!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Oct 2011, 12:16 pm

AJ easily!!

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu 06 Oct 2011, 12:21 pm

ive gone for miz after hearing the stuff about the start of his career and being where he is now

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 06 Oct 2011, 12:58 pm

I wrote a long speel about why I voted for Eddie Edwards but it didn't send so you are getting the paraphrased version. While he isn't a talker to The Miz's standards or the awesome wresler that AJ Styles is he isn't far off either and arguably possess the most rounded skill set of the 3. Since his sensational days in The American Wolves tag team in 2009, which I now belive were very underrated seeing the praise that Hero and Castaganoli got doing the same thing the following year, I had predicted Edwards to fade off into midcard obscurity. But credit to him he surprised me, a great turn as TV champion in 2010 translated into a short but popular (he blew the roof off the place when a won it) World Tile Reign and a match of the year contender (vs Davey Richards) it's not been a shabby 2011 by anyones standards. I would argue that while Styles and Miz both have their merits, to a certain extent you know what you are getting from both men, where as Edwards constantly exceeds my expectations, flying in the face of the Janetty rule he has almost broken out of the shadow of his fabulously talented former/sometimes partner Richards and I think most would have to accept he is now one of the best in the world.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Thu 06 Oct 2011, 1:06 pm

MtotheC wrote:Josh please YouTube AJ styles vs Samoa Joe vs Daniels for the x division title. It is one of the greatest matches I have every watched and really shows you just how good AJ is!

I have heard about that match! Real 5* encounter. Though I try to enforce a rule with these types of contests whereby I only look at evidence that I was watching first hand. Because wrestling is so much more than the 15 or 20 minutes they are in the ring it is difficult to judge a performer accurately unless you have seen the entire package. It is similar to judging footballers based on Youtube in my opinion. It can also work the other way though. Without being "in the moment" angles and segments can lose their meaning and importance and therefore something that was truly momentous at the time may not appear to be as great to others watching at a later date if they didn't see the whole run of programmes.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Thu 06 Oct 2011, 1:32 pm

Miz for me, AJ isn't really doing much atm and Miz has been red hot lately with Truth and the beatdown they gave out on Sunday has still got me buzzing.

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu 06 Oct 2011, 2:12 pm

Totally agree with you Josh but as you said you haven't seen much of AJ before the last three years I thought I recommend this match, IMO every wrestling fan should watch this match it was epic!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Thu 06 Oct 2011, 2:18 pm

And that was much appreciated - it is on my list of must watch matches! It will actually be interesting to see what happens to the X Division title now that it has a 225lb limit on it - guys like Samoa Joe will not be able to compete in it again.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 06 Oct 2011, 4:25 pm

Im the only person who voted for Bobby Lashley ??

Come on people !!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Thu 06 Oct 2011, 4:29 pm

Are you serious Nick? The guy was average in ring, couldn't draw to save his life and had zero charisma, he is nowhere near good enough to earn a vote when you compare him to the top 2 of AJ who although has had a quiet year is a brilliant face talker and excellent in the ring and Miz who is an excellent talker, improving in the ring and is doing an excellent job atm with the storyline he is in with Truth.

Lashley was never good enough and never deserved the push WWE were trying to give him.

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by Mort Thu 06 Oct 2011, 4:49 pm

Is Bobby Lashley an active wrestler?

Mort

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 06 Oct 2011, 5:03 pm

Celtic Warrior wrote:
The Na9 in me wants to vote YOSHI TATSU!! but it has to be AJ.

I let mine loose and voted for TATSU BAH GAWD TATSU! Im glad to see alot of other taking the serious option here.

He also has the best music in WWE history.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 06 Oct 2011, 5:09 pm

I voted for The Miz.

I think he has come on leaps and bounds considering his horrific start to WWE, his tag team with Morrison was excellent, and he has gone on to be the Shawn Michaels of the group. I think at the moment he is one of the best talkers in the WWE and am glad he's got a good story to work with rather than the "Subway guy".

I have never been amazed by AJ Styles, granted I have never really enjoyed TNA full stop, in the ring AJ is obviously pretty good, but I just have never really "got" him.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 06 Oct 2011, 8:36 pm

AJ has lost his way in TNA, I'd love WWE to sign him and make a big deal of him, he could take over Shawn Michaels mantle of being the go to guy when you need a top match on the card

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu 06 Oct 2011, 10:42 pm

The Miz for me... He will be the lead babyface in WWE when Cena turns heel

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 07 Oct 2011, 7:26 am

Morning guys this group looked pretty cut and dry from the outset, however a closely run day has seen he miz and AJ all tied up in first place with 17 votes each! Both will progress to the next round.

Group 8 up shortly

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down