The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Nole do like Federer(Defending three slams)?

+3
noleisthebest
Jahu
eraldeen
7 posters

Go down

Can Nole do like Federer(Defending three slams)? Empty Can Nole do like Federer(Defending three slams)?

Post by eraldeen Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:56 pm

Defending three slams in a calendar year is no easy task.

Only Federer did well.

Past 40 yrs. players who won 3 slams in a calendar year:

Connors in 1974 - following year defended ZERO of his 3 slams

Wilander in 1988 - following year defended ZERO of his 3 slams

Federer in 2004 - following year defended TWO of his 3 slams

Federer in 2006 - following year defended THREE of his 3 slams

Federer in 2007 - following year defended ONE of his 3 slams

Nadal in 2010 - following year defended ONE of his 3 slams

eraldeen

Back to top Go down

Can Nole do like Federer(Defending three slams)? Empty Re: Can Nole do like Federer(Defending three slams)?

Post by Jahu Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:40 pm

No, he can't.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Can Nole do like Federer(Defending three slams)? Empty Re: Can Nole do like Federer(Defending three slams)?

Post by noleisthebest Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:48 pm

Nole will win all 4.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:49 pm

because.....

(and here comes my 1000th post )...

Last edited by noleisthebest on Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:50 pm; edited 3 times in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:49 pm

NOLE IS THE BEST Yahoo

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:46 am

noleisthebest wrote:Nole will win all 4.

Only 4??? I think he will win the next 40 slams in the next 10 years, don't you? clap clap
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:44 am

Well its possible if he maintains the same level as this year and the others cannot step their game up to match him. However it looks like the effort is starting to affect his physicality. At Cincy he had the shoulder injury and energy wise appeared out on his feet. Recovered well for the USO but then had to retire during his Davis Cup match with Del Potro (something I'm sure he wouldn't have done unless in serious discomfort). I read today that he has just pulled out of Shanghai with an abdominal strain which is not healing as quickly as he would like.

I fully expect to see him back by the time the Masters finals come along in November but do question if he can keep up the intensity with which he has played so far this year for a similar period next year.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:20 am

Funnily enough, if he wins three slams next year I think one of them will be RG, so no, but not necessarily for the wrong reasons. I don't expect him, or anyone, to get a calendar slam.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:17 pm

I genuinely feel he won't DEFEND all 3, but that he may win the RG instead of one of the others, still claiming 3 of the 4 slams.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down