The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Saturday is almost here - Messages of Support for the Home Nations

+16
TrailApe
mcrjfNo7
Cymroglan
kiakahaaotearoa
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
ME-109
beshocked
HERSH
Smirnoffpriest
rodders
andy powells minder
doctornickolas
Cari
Breadvan
Biltong
BATH_BTGOG
20 posters

Go down

Super Saturday is almost here - Messages of Support for the Home Nations Empty Super Saturday is almost here - Messages of Support for the Home Nations

Post by BATH_BTGOG Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:14 pm

What a great Saturday morning in prospect tomorrow.

Eggs, Bacon and tea have replaced beer for most but I would just like to take this opportunity to wish all the home nations good luck for tomorrow (we're all Lions at the end of the day) lets just hope that the Wales v Ireland game lives up to the hype.

So please put aside your differences and feel free to leave your feel good messages here for England, Ireland and Wales.
kiss Hug thumbsup

Last edited by BATH_BTGOG on Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Super Saturday is almost here - Messages of Support for the Home Nations Empty Re: Super Saturday is almost here - Messages of Support for the Home Nations

Post by Biltong Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:15 pm

good luck boys, make your nations proud. kiss
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Super Saturday is almost here - Messages of Support for the Home Nations Empty Re: Super Saturday is almost here - Messages of Support for the Home Nations

Post by Breadvan Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:21 pm

Good luck all (except france Whistle ) Best wishes to all the good folk on here who are watching tomorrow morn. Hug
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:23 pm

I hope all fans enjoy the weekends matches whatever they're doing for it, and your team does you proud. king

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:26 pm

I am so looking forward to tomorrow.

I can't sit still at my desk to do any work at the moment.

I might have to get up extra early and go for a run just to try and use up some of this nervous energy......unless its cold and raining in which case I will get up at 5:55am. Hey I'm no professional.

Come on Wales. Wales

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by andy powells minder Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:31 pm

I'd just like to apologise in advance to my neighbours who I will no doubt wake up with my screaming and shouting at early o'clock tomorrow.

On our day..........................................

Very Happy

andy powells minder

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:33 pm

BATH_BTGOG wrote:
So please put aside your differences and feel free to leave your feel good messages here for England, Ireland and Wales.
kiss Hug thumbsup

OK Laugh
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:41 pm

andy powells minder wrote:I'd just like to apologise in advance to my neighbours who I will no doubt wake up with my screaming and shouting at early o'clock tomorrow.

On our day..........................................

Very Happy

When I read 'neighbours' I thought you meant England/the English, and that you were mentioning that their get a 'lie-in' until 8.30. I thought jeez how loud do you shout! until i re-read it

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:42 pm

I'm just hoping whoever wins (please let it be Wales) out of the Wales/Ireland game gets to the Final.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by andy powells minder Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:44 pm

Smirnoff, that is how loud i shout!

andy powells minder

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:52 pm

Is this for real.

You expect a Irishman, Welshman or Scot to wish England well? Laugh

Tumbleweed No chance.

Its a shame that one team from the Ire v Wal game will go through to the Semi's

But good luck anyway Whistle
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:22 pm

I'm impressed Powell!

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:28 pm

andy powells minder wrote:I'd just like to apologise in advance to my neighbours who I will no doubt wake up with my screaming and shouting at early o'clock tomorrow.

That's something I'll really struggle with tomorrow. I live in an old Victorian house converted into two flats, and you can hear everything anyway, nevermind at six in the morning supporting an exciting rugby match. I remember the Wales/Ireland 2009 Six Nations match, my (then) neighbours moaned about the noise afterwards. And I knackered the springs on my sofa from jumping on it. I'll just have to scream into a cushion or something censored

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:29 pm

Best of luck Wales and Ireland. OK

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:34 pm

Good luck Ireland and France....whats this home nations sho.te. Home nations of what? That changed post WW1.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by andy powells minder Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:36 pm

Cari wrote:

That's something I'll really struggle with tomorrow. I live in an old Victorian house converted into two flats, and you can hear everything anyway, nevermind at six in the morning supporting an exciting rugby match. I remember the Wales/Ireland 2009 Six Nations match, my (then) neighbours moaned about the noise afterwards. And I knackered the springs on my sofa from jumping on it. I'll just have to scream into a cushion or something censored

Bluidy good job tommy's not around then eh, wouldnt be the neighbours moaning ?? Whistle

andy powells minder

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:46 pm

DOD not a fan of the Lions then!

where's the facepalm?
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:13 pm

BATH_BTGOG wrote:DOD not a fan of the Lions then!

where's the facepalm?

...or a union flag emoticon Laugh
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:16 pm

APM - no one has the nerves to go round to their neighbours and complain about sh*gging noises do they? laughing

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:42 pm

Good luck IRELAND

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by andy powells minder Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:19 am

Cari wrote:APM - no one has the nerves to go round to their neighbours and complain about sh*gging noises do they? laughing

Well, when you do catch up with Tommy, and trip him up, we'll see what your neighbours say eh? Very Happy

andy powells minder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:24 am

What is a home nation? NZ are playing at home? Are they a home nation? Maybe capitals would clear up the confusion? Maybe you need to share the love around more.

In any event, good luck to all the quarter finalists. May the better teams o9n the day go through and may rugby be the winner overall.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:25 am

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:What is a home nation? NZ are playing at home? Are they a home nation? Maybe capitals would clear up the confusion? Maybe you need to share the love around more.

In any event, good luck to all the quarter finalists. May the better teams o9n the day go through and may rugby be the winner overall.

Its a term used to annoy the Irish by susggesting that they are still part of Britain without actually saying it.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:36 am

Nah Peter doesnt annoy us...just makes us want to improve your education...having said that you can call us whatever you like...you usually do kiss

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:41 am

Home Nations
In sport, if a sport is governed by a council representing the island of Ireland, such as the Irish Rugby Football Union, the term can refer to the nations of the constituent countries on the island of Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) and the collective Irish nation. This dual meaning has persisted in existence despite the partition of Ireland in 1922 as historically the term included all of Ireland,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Nations

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:42 am

Just wait for the next Home Lions tour then we'll all have to get along like one big happy family

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:50 am

Cymro...and wikipedia is always right Rolling Eyes

Its like the British Isles or the Channel.

British people call it the B Isles, Irish people tend not to..
British people call it the Channel, The rest of europe doesnt.

The lions is always enjoyable as a sideshow but you wouldnt want to take it too seriously?

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrjfNo7 Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:37 am

"British people call it the Channel, The rest of europe doesnt."

Yes they do. Some of Europe, (i.e. the ones who historically have battled for control of the channel (France, Spain, etc.)), call it differently but other countries, such as the Scandinavian ones, call it the English Channel.

In reality it makes as much sense as it does calling the sea between Britain and Ireland the “Irish Sea” - which many European countries also, rightly, use. The British Isles is also a perfectly correct term. The Irish government agenda to stop its use is non-effectual to most of the countries of the EU. The reality is that it just upsets some Irish people because they have an issue with the use of “British”. This issue is not shared by the majority of Europe. Listening to the statement about Ireland not being part of the British Isles, (which I have heard covers over 4000 thousand Islands!), makes as much sense as when the British state that they are not part of Europe.

Good luck to all teams tomorrow, I would like to think we can keep the xenophobia out of it and hopefully witness some great rugby teams play the good stuff. I will be drinking Guinness, John Smiths, Brains, Tennents and Kronenbourg to demonstrate my all inclusive welcoming nature! Cheers.

mcrjfNo7

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:04 am

Good luck to all teams tomorrow, I would like to think we can keep the xenophobia out of it and hopefully witness some great rugby teams play the good stuff. I will be drinking Guinness, John Smiths, Brains, Tennents and Kronenbourg to demonstrate my all inclusive welcoming nature! Cheers[quote]

That's the sort of commitment that makes me proud to be a follower of this game. Ale
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by andy powells minder Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:05 am

[quote="TrailApe"]Good luck to all teams tomorrow, I would like to think we can keep the xenophobia out of it and hopefully witness some great rugby teams play the good stuff. I will be drinking Guinness, John Smiths, Brains, Tennents and Kronenbourg to demonstrate my all inclusive welcoming nature! Cheers

That's the sort of commitment that makes me proud to be a follower of this game. Ale

Absobloodylutely Ale Ale thumbsup

andy powells minder

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:07 am

Lets see Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, France, Italy etc = about 300 million europeans call it something else.

RE the British Isles. I dont have any problem with someone using it but its not even geographically correct and it does show a certain lack of education the original definition was to describe the channel islands and the islands between Britain and Bretagne, the scottish isles etc. Most of Europe dont tend to use it. The problem is its used in a political sense to try to describe a geographic entity that doesnt exist (the Irish sea refers to a sea not a few countries). The European Isles or the North Atlantic Isles is more a correct term. Its not specifically an Irish government initiative or agenda its just a fact that there is no such thing as the British isles or if there is it refers to something else. Not sure where the Britain is not part of Europe argument is from that is a political one not a geographical but then your example just proves my point. I agree that we are a geographic entity that is part of the mainland (i.e continental europe).

Anyway everyone to their own...
Come on Argentina (las Malvinas anyone), France and Ireland....

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Higher_Ground Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:13 am

Good luck to all the 'home nations'. Except Ireland, definitely bad luck to them, in a way. I use the term 'home nations' as an affectionate term for the 4 countries of Wales, Scotland, Ireland and England, purely when discussing sporting matters. It is in no way a geo-political/historical construct, it's purely affectionate. As far as I'm aware.
Really chuffed that there will be a NH team in the final, we can thank Ireland for that.

Higher_Ground

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:40 am

DOD wrote:Lets see Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, France, Italy etc = about 300 million europeans call it something else.

RE the British Isles. I dont have any problem with someone using it but its not even geographically correct and it does show a certain lack of education the original definition was to describe the channel islands and the islands between Britain and Bretagne, the scottish isles etc. Most of Europe dont tend to use it. The problem is its used in a political sense to try to describe a geographic entity that doesnt exist (the Irish sea refers to a sea not a few countries). The European Isles or the North Atlantic Isles is more a correct term. Its not specifically an Irish government initiative or agenda its just a fact that there is no such thing as the British isles or if there is it refers to something else. Not sure where the Britain is not part of Europe argument is from that is a political one not a geographical but then your example just proves my point. I agree that we are a geographic entity that is part of the mainland (i.e continental europe).

Anyway everyone to their own...
Come on Argentina (las Malvinas anyone), France and Ireland....

Yeah but like the term "Celts" everyone knows what you mean when you say it.
Noone would have a feckin clue what the "north atlantic isles" were, except possibly part of canada

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by senghenydd1913 Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:04 am

Ymlaen Cymru !! whoever comes out on top in the morning,be it us or Ireland let it be a rugby fest-if perchance we get beaten then the lads from the Emerald Isle will have my support for the remainder of the tournament.
senghenydd1913
senghenydd1913

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:33 am

Cant believe how much I'm looking forward to the Ireland Wales game. Just want the best team to win, I'm like a ridiculously excited kid on Christmas Eve and I'm bloody English! Starts at 11pm here so I will get more and more excited as the day goes on, followed by the England game at 1am that I'm not really looking forward to at all (got a really bad feeling, hope it's just wind or something Shocked ).

Last edited by B91212 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:41 am

Come on Ireland. Hope everybody enjoys tomorrow. Its like Christmas eve when we all get up early. Que the songs

Twas on a dreary new yeas eve as the shades of night came down....Super Saturday is almost here - Messages of Support for the Home Nations 2143842934 Super Saturday is almost here - Messages of Support for the Home Nations 1660915282

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down