The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Toni's Interview

+8
Calder106
hawkeye
Positively 4th Street
Fedex_the_best
Josiah Maiestas
Tenez
mthierry
noleisthebest
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Uncle Toni's Interview - Page 2 Empty Uncle Toni's Interview

Post by noleisthebest Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:25 am

First topic message reminder :

So far only to be found in Spanish....

For those who can speak or understand Spanish, it's easy to see why it hasn't been translated into any English speaking media....

I've never studied Spanish but have Latin, can speak a bit of Italian, so able to gather a bit of his amazing ramblings, apparently, Novak's beating Nadal, because he's got "more" luck this year than Nadal.

http://www.tenisweb.com/toni-nadal-djokovic-esta-donde-se-merece-pero-tambien-ha-tenido-suerte/

Anybody here with good Spanish to throw any more light on this article?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Uncle Toni's Interview - Page 2 Empty Re: Uncle Toni's Interview

Post by noleisthebest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 11:19 am

"You are a fan trying to defend Nadal, I am a tennis player explaining Nadal's success."

I must say, being able to play a bit gives you an entirely different perspective on the game, mindset and everything else.
Having played quite a few different sports, I must say tennis lends the most insight as it's in my opinion, the most demanding and complex sport of all.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat 08 Oct 2011, 11:40 am

I don't think the 135mph serve was modelled on Andy's. There was very little change in Nadal's service motion. bigger muscles and probably a slight change of grip making his first flatter. The only thing is that with a flatter serve you lose precision and you may end up having to hit too many second serve. Nadal probably worked out it was not in his interest and prefered to up the first serve percentage.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat 08 Oct 2011, 12:20 pm

Tenez for someone who says they play the game you dont seem to understand that speed of serve has NOTHING to do with the size of your muscles! Its ALL timing. Otherwise why hasnt Karlovic got massive arms? Even Roddick isnt THAT muscly, and has served at 140+ since he started as a teenager. Goran said he could serve 130+ since being a young kid...its all about the timing.
If you can serve a whippy serve at 120+, all you have to do is take more and more of the spin off to get increased speed, you dont even need to change grip much. Nadal has had the ability to serve that fast for a while as his service motion improved over the years with his left arm, he just chose never to do so because he puts a huge amount of work on the ball usually instead.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 08 Oct 2011, 12:47 pm

If muscles made you serve better, then why is Russell such a sh*tty one? Look at Fed and his skinny arms, he should never serve aces if what Tenez said is true.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 08 Oct 2011, 1:19 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/blog/busted_racquet/post/A-tip-from-Jack-Nicklaus-helped-Rafael-Nadal-res?urn=ten-272690

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-1284318/Rafael-Nadal-wants-service-like-Andy-Murrays.html

I cannot find a Utube link or interview, though.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:14 pm

lydian wrote:Tenez for someone who says they play the game you dont seem to understand that speed of serve has NOTHING to do with the size of your muscles!

Trying to prove me wrong again? Think! I am sure you can understand why muscles can somehow make up for a lack of timing. It's not very difficult.

Last edited by Tenez on Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:18 pm

laverfan wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/blog/busted_racquet/post/A-tip-from-Jack-Nicklaus-helped-Rafael-Nadal-res?urn=ten-272690

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-1284318/Rafael-Nadal-wants-service-like-Andy-Murrays.html

Yes I remember I read that and never believed the story. Toni and Nadal did the opposite: Hit short then increase the length with growing confidence. Just look at how Nadal was playing in 2005, 6, 7, 8...and 11. His length of shots has improved over the years, not the other way around !.

Another lie toni woudl like us to believe...well his fans will.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:22 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:If muscles made you serve better, then why is Russell such a sh*tty one? Look at Fed and his skinny arms, he should never serve aces if what Tenez said is true.

Yes and your daughter can serve harder than you, right!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by SAHARA STALLION Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:27 pm

Wrong thread, sorry.

SAHARA STALLION

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:49 pm

Tenez wrote:
laverfan wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/blog/busted_racquet/post/A-tip-from-Jack-Nicklaus-helped-Rafael-Nadal-res?urn=ten-272690

Yes I remember I read that and never believed the story. Toni and Nadal did the opposite: Hit short then increase the length with growing confidence. Just look at how Nadal was playing in 2005, 6, 7, 8...and 11. His length of shots has improved over the years, not the other way around !.

Surprising that you give credit to Toni/Nadal (length of shots...) and then turn around and call them liars (Another lie toni ....).

Also, you remember what happened in 2009 FO against Soderling. The 'length of shots' was nowhere to be seen.... Erm

You should continue the 'anti-Nadal' tirade, if that relieves your stress levels. It does not detract an iota from his achievements. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by SAHARA STALLION Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:07 pm

laverfan wrote:
Tenez wrote:
laverfan wrote:

Surprising that you give credit to Toni/Nadal (length of shots...) and then turn around and call them liars (Another lie toni ....).

Also, you remember what happened in 2009 FO against Soderling. The 'length of shots' was nowhere to be seen.... Erm

You should continue the 'anti-Nadal' tirade, if that relieves your stress levels. It does not detract an iota from his achievements. Wink

This is true... his current achievements are comparable only to the great Borg, but whilst I cannot claim to know the poster, i'm sure Tenez feels the same way I do - that a great, great player is ruining his reputation by concentrating on worthless tournaments. Apparently he got 'the career slam' last year... whoop-de-doo! If adding 3 Sham tournaments to his amazing Roland Garros really is great in his eyes then i'm happy for him, but in the eyes of the true tennis fan it comes at the cost of two huge tournaments in Rome and Madrid.

SAHARA STALLION

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2