The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sale v Glaws

3 posters

Go down

Sale v Glaws Empty Sale v Glaws

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 07 Oct 2011, 1:19 pm

The teams are up for Sale v Glaws. Sale have really surprised me this season. I was unimpressed by their recruitment and felt with such a big change it would take a long time to gel and they would end up flirting with relegation. For me they have been the real surprise to this season and have put in some excellent performances. It is notable to see that Dickinson is being thrown straight in and rather aptly against his old team. The Sharks fans will then probably see what an excellent prop he is in the loose but also what a poor scrummager he is!

Edgeley Park has always been a bogey ground for Glaws and it has been years since we last won there. Normally the scourge of our defence has been Charlie Hodgson and I had hoped his departure would lead to us breaking the duck, however, I am not approaching this game with a huge amount of confidence! Glaws have named an unchanged side from the team that beat Irish and there’s only one change on the bench with Cox returning.

I’d love to think Glaws will get a win, but I think a losing bonus point will be our best hope for points.

SALE
Rob Miller; Tom Brady, Will Addison, Sam Tuitupou, Joaquin Tuculet; Nick Macleod, Dwayne Peel; Lee Imiolek, Marc Jones, Henry Thomas; Fraser McKenzie, Kearnan Myall; James Gaskell, David Seymour (C), Mark Easter.

Replacements:
Joe Ward, Alasdair Dickinson, Vadim Cobilas, Tom Holmes, Richie Vernon, Scott Mathie, Andrew Higgins, Charlie Amesbury

GLAWS
Olly Morgan; Charlie Sharples, Henry Trinder, Jonny May, Tom Voyce; Tim Taylor, Nick Runciman; Nick Wood, Darren Dawidiuk, Rupert Harden; Tom Savage, Will James; Peter Buxton (C), Luke Narraway, Brett Deacon

Replacements:
Matias Cortese, Dan Murphy, Dario Chistolini, David Lyons, Matt Cox, Dave Lewis, Freddie Burns, James Simpson-Daniel
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Sale v Glaws Empty Re: Sale v Glaws

Post by niwatts Mon 10 Oct 2011, 9:28 pm

Is Burns playing that badly and Taylor playing that well at the moment?

I had real hopes of Burns being first choice for Gloucester this season and making a push to become a much needed national option.

niwatts

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Tue 11 Oct 2011, 5:16 pm

Up until the Sale game Taylor has been playng well. My only citicism of him is that his positional kicing has lacked distance at times. But from all accounts one of the negatives from Saturday was our control at half back, so with the LV cup games coming up I'd expect Burns to get a start. I have always fully epxetced him to have more starts by the end of the season and I am still confident this will happen. The only potential issue is Morgan's finger injury and our lack of cover at FB, so FB may be playing FB!
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by niwatts Tue 11 Oct 2011, 7:53 pm

Thanks for the info HKC, much appreciated

niwatts

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 14 Oct 2011, 3:08 pm

Rather than start a new thread, here are the team for Glaws v Sale Part 2: "The Revenge"

Gloucester Rugby

Jonny May; Charlie Sharples, Henry Trinder, Lesley Vainikolo, James Simpson-Daniel; Freddie Burns, Dave Lewis; Dan Murphy, Matias Cortese, Dario Chistolini; Tom Savage, Will James; Brett Deacon, Matt Cox, Luke Narraway (capt)

Replacements:

Scott Lawson, Yann Thomas, Shaun Knight, Jim Hamilton, Alasdair Strokosch, Rory Lawson, Tim Taylor, Tom Voyce

Sale Sharks: 15.Rob Miller, 14.Tom Brady, 13.Andrew Higgins, 12.Luther Burrell, 11.Charlie Amesbury, 10.Nick Macleod, 9.Scott Mathie, 1.Alasdair Dickinson, 2.Joe Ward, 3.Vadim Cobilas, 4.Fraser McKenzie, 5.James Gaskell, 6.Richie Vernon, 7.David Seymour (capt.), 8.Mark Easter.

Replacements: 16.Tommy Taylor, 17.Lee Imiolek, 18.Tony Buckley, 19.Tom Holmes, 20.Kearnan Myall, 21.Will Cliff, 22. Johnny Leota, 23.Will Addison.

HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sat 15 Oct 2011, 4:34 pm

Looks a cracker, is there a highlights show anytime?

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sat 15 Oct 2011, 4:51 pm

Bloody nora, 26 points for Burns

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Sat 15 Oct 2011, 6:58 pm

It certainly turned out alright in the end - the first half was a bit touch and go, but we let loose in the second. May at FB could be a genuine option, he needs more game time to improve his positioning but his try was individual brilliance.

I was impressed by Sale and they played with real attacking intent. Their 1st try was a joy to watch, even if it was against us! The problem they will have is that their front 5 is too weak. Any Glaws fan could have told you that Dickinson isn't a good scrummager and he as taken apart today by our youngsters. I thought Buckley was poor when he came on. He's all power and not an ounce of technique - so having him and Dicko is not a good combination!

ER - I am pretty sure there are highlights tomorrow night on ITV4
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down