The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glaws v Worcester

2 posters

Go down

Glaws v Worcester Empty Glaws v Worcester

Post by HongKongCherry Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:23 pm

The teams are up for tomorrow’s derby between Gloucester & Worcester.

Gloucester are favourites, but they are missing the 7 internationals plus the injured Deacon, Brown, Lewis and Molenaar, so once again are forced to field a backline of wingers! It is also a day of ex-players: Runciman & Cox for Glaws and Garvey & Fortey for Worcester, which should all add a bit of extra spice to the game.

It is due to rain tomorrow, which may help Worcester. I can see Glaws continuing the good home form from last year and winning this match, but it will be a tight game.

GLOUCESTER
Olly Morgan; Charlie Sharples, Jonny May, Lesley Vainikolo, James Simpson-Daniel; Tim Taylor, Nick Runciman; Nick Wood, Darren Dawidiuk, Dario Chistolini; Will James, Tom Savage; Peter Buxton (c), Andy Hazell, Matt Cox

Replacements:
Nathan Charles, Dan Murphy, Rupert Harden, David Lyons, Gareth Evans, Dan Robson, Freddie Burns, Tom Voyce

WORCESTER
Errie Claassens; Marcel Garvey, Alex Grove, Dale Rasmussen, Miles Benjamin; Joe Carlisle, Shaun Perry; Matt Mullan, Chris Fortey, Tevita Taumoepeau; James Percival, Craig Gillies; Neil Best, Jake Abbott, Kai Horstmann (c)

Replacements:
Ed Shervington, George Porter, Bruce Douglas, Chris Jones, Matt Kvesic, Jonny Arr, Andy Goode, Tom Arscott
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Glaws v Worcester Empty Re: Glaws v Worcester

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:33 pm

Slightly suprised to see Jones, Kvesic and Goode on the bench for Worcester. Would have thought they would have utilised Goode in games like this where his massive boot can play territory and his experience will help keep things tight and the ball away from the Gloucester danger men.

I thought Burns might have earnt a start for Glaws as well.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:46 pm

Sam I agree with you on both points. Goode has been the scurge of Glaws before at Kingsholm, so I'm pleased not to see him starting! But it does mean Worcester have a strong bench to call upon.

Taylor played OK against the Saints but Burns definitely added something when he came on.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:46 pm

On a seperate note, I am pleased with our singing of Dan Murphy at LH. Woody is rightly our number 1, but previously it used to fill me with dread to see Dickinson come on, who is excellent in the loose, but rubbish in the scrum. What I've seen of Murphy so far is he is a decent scrummager. So whilst the Glaws bench looks relatively inexperienced, we have very good front row replacements.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:25 pm

I didn't think Taylor played badly but he looked a tad rusty where as Burns just seemed to be a little more comfortable and got the backs running a little more smoothly. To me it would have made more sense to give Burns the chance to get things moving early doors and pressure Worcester and not let them settle and then bring on Taylor and use his experience and better tactical game to close out the match as Goodey will no doubt come on around the same time and it will be a more like for like tactical battle.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down