The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England written off....Heard that one before in a WC

+5
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
PJHolybloke
Nos na Gaoithe
beshocked
9 posters

Go down

England written off....Heard that one before in a WC Empty England written off....Heard that one before in a WC

Post by beshocked Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:42 am

I'm not sure how the average French fan feels about tomorrow mornings quarter final against the English, but the Celtic media are already eyeing up the final.

Out of all the teams to be written off, England are surely the team you can never take for granted. Ask Australia and France. The Irish and Welsh are soooooo confident of a first Celtic world cup win as are several former players.

Ok. England look in disarray. They lost to Wales in a warm up match and Ireland in the 6 nations. They have a fly half playing at inside centre. They also have a powerful looking 2nd row and class out wide. This game is a one-off and if the Celtish confidence is just coming from how poor England look, they are in for a big fall. I mean France don't even know who will be taking their place kicks. They only managed to beat Canada and Japan.

The least predictable team in world rugby against the most predictable.

This is going to be a cracker and I fancy England to get off to a flyer and SHOCK the not so mighty French.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

England written off....Heard that one before in a WC Empty Re: England written off....Heard that one before in a WC

Post by Nos na Gaoithe Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:48 am

I don't know of one Irish person who's "soooooo confident" of beating Wales let alone winning the WC!

Should we expect to beat England in the semi if we meet them. On balance of form... yes. But few will be confident.

Does anyone "expect" us to beat, for instance, the ABs if we get to the final? No. Not at all...

Are England underdogs against the French? NO. Therefore it will hardly be a shock if they win.

What a strange post.

Nos na Gaoithe

Back to top Go down

England written off....Heard that one before in a WC Empty Re: England written off....Heard that one before in a WC

Post by PJHolybloke Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:52 am

Whistle Somebody hasn't been paying attention.

Nice twist beshocked, good work fella. OK
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Nos na Gaoithe Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:58 am

PJHolybloke wrote:Whistle Somebody hasn't been paying attention.

If you're referring to the fact that the title is parodying another thread then that's fair enough... but the content was all his own.

He's certainly no Hegemon of Thasus... Tumbleweed

Nos na Gaoithe

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sat 08 Oct 2011, 4:18 am

Nos na Gaoithe wrote:

If you're referring to the fact that the title is parodying another thread then that's fair enough... but the content was all his own.

I was referring to the "parody" as it happens, and whilst it isn't worthy of comparison to Hegemon, one could argue there's enough shoite in the other thread to be a potential student of Aristophanes...
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sat 08 Oct 2011, 4:19 am

Very Happy Get us with our ancient Greek comedy references. laughing
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sat 08 Oct 2011, 4:26 am

Laugh Such culture bunnies, the pair of ye!

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 08 Oct 2011, 4:43 am

im claiming intelectual property rights on this

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by radelven Sat 08 Oct 2011, 4:51 am

Nos na Gaoithe wrote:He's certainly no Hegemon of Thasus... Tumbleweed

Hegemon of Thasos

Thasos is the name of the place, Thasus was the son of Poseidon that founded the town on the island.

radelven

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 08 Oct 2011, 4:58 am

Poseidon is also said to have fathered Theseus and briefly courted Thetis the Nereid before it was prophesized that any son born of Thetis would be greater than his father, therefore dissuading Poseidon, who allowed Peleus son of Aeacus, who later became a Judge of the Dead alongside Rhadamanthys and Minos, to marry Thetis, who gave birth to which Greek hero?

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Nos na Gaoithe Sat 08 Oct 2011, 5:06 am

Achilles???

What prize do I get??? I accept cheques and postal orders Yahoo

Nos na Gaoithe

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sat 08 Oct 2011, 5:10 am

Bakkies Botha Very Happy

Doh I meant Achilles.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Nos na Gaoithe Sat 08 Oct 2011, 5:11 am

PJHolybloke wrote:Bakkies Botha Very Happy

Doh I meant Achilles.

Laugh

I'm waiting for the QI "alarm bell" to ring for my answer!

Nos na Gaoithe

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 08 Oct 2011, 5:12 am

You get a choice, would you rather a hug, a thumbs up or a pint on me in any interactive rugby pub?

I would offer a good luck for later if Ireland were playing anyone other than Wales.

Holy laughing should have seen that one coming

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by senghenydd1913 Sat 08 Oct 2011, 5:14 am

hogwarts-oh sorry meant hogwash Sad
senghenydd1913
senghenydd1913

Back to top Go down

Post by Nos na Gaoithe Sat 08 Oct 2011, 5:18 am

guinness Cheers Knowsit17

I wish you equally no luck tomorrow! thumbsup

Nos na Gaoithe

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sat 08 Oct 2011, 5:21 am

Nos na Gaoithe wrote:
PJHolybloke wrote:Bakkies Botha Very Happy

Doh I meant Achilles.

Laugh

I'm waiting for the QI "alarm bell" to ring for my answer!

Well I've got the Alan Davies part sewn up....
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 08 Oct 2011, 5:23 am

PJHolybloke wrote:
Nos na Gaoithe wrote:

I was referring to the "parody" as it happens, and whilst it isn't worthy of comparison to Hegemon, one could argue there's enough shoite in the other thread to be a potential student of Aristophanes...

Kev the Psychic cat is almost certain that you have lost the plot Very Happy

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 08 Oct 2011, 5:26 am

Ale To your good health Nos, if you're like me then there's a chance of a sore head by Monday morning, whether it be elevating your joy or drowning your sorrows...

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down