The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales, record books can still be re-written

3 posters

Go down

What would your prefered scenario be/have been?

Wales, record books can still be re-written Vote_lcap41%Wales, record books can still be re-written Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 7 ]
Wales, record books can still be re-written Vote_lcap0%Wales, record books can still be re-written Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Wales, record books can still be re-written Vote_lcap6%Wales, record books can still be re-written Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Wales, record books can still be re-written Vote_lcap24%Wales, record books can still be re-written Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 4 ]
Wales, record books can still be re-written Vote_lcap29%Wales, record books can still be re-written Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

Wales, record books can still be re-written Empty Wales, record books can still be re-written

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 2:53 pm

My dream was for Wales to play in the final against the all blacks and beat them. Imagine, to beat them for the first time in nearly 60 years, for the first time ever on New Zealand soil and to win the World Cup while we're at it Wales

Well the dream is over, so close and yet so far.

But.... wait, we can still re-write the record books. We can still come home with maybe more than we could have hoped for when we left for New Zealand 6 weeks ago.

With this in mind I am going to have to support Australia tomorrow for the selfish reason that I would love to see some of my dream come true and see my beloved Wales come home with something more than just their enormous (justified) pride.

C'mon Wales, C'mon Australia,

Sorry AB's, would much have prefered my dream to come true in the final. Sorry

Back to top Go down

Wales, record books can still be re-written Empty Re: Wales, record books can still be re-written

Post by oxring Sat 15 Oct 2011, 6:03 pm

If we play the ABs - their press will describe it as "the unofficial world cup final". Which would be fun.

Whoever - though - 3rd would be nice.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Wales, record books can still be re-written Empty Re: Wales, record books can still be re-written

Post by Gibson Sat 15 Oct 2011, 6:17 pm

Yeah lads, playing and beating the AB's, would help justify and prove, just how good this Welsh team is.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 6:42 pm

oxring wrote:If we play the ABs - their press will describe it as "the unofficial world cup final". Which would be fun.

Cor blimey, imagine the furore if the AB's go out (OZ go through) in a similar manner to todays game! It would be insufferable!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 7:08 pm

Just realised what could happen if what I'd like to happen transpires.

Aus beat AB's, Wales beat ABs, Aus beat France, Wales beat Aus as World champions in first game since the final.

I like it Yahoo

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Sat 15 Oct 2011, 9:27 pm

it has to be a wales nz bronze final

if france win this thing it will be the craziest rwc ever. c'mon france.
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 9:49 pm

this has to be wales' best ever world cup surely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 11:29 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:this has to be wales' best ever world cup surely.

In your lifetime yes... not in mine though!

Result wise, we can only equal our best... in terms of performance v expectation.. OK maybe yes!

Back to lifetime's, beating the AB's would be a first for us both, among many others over a couple of generations!

C'mon Aus, C'mon Wales

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 15 Oct 2011, 11:48 pm

This gig aint over yet Wales. Focus and come home better than the 70's side. That needs to be buried in History imo.

Will miss Warbs. But ye have the players to do it. No doubt.

Credu.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Oct 2011, 12:02 am

Gibson wrote:come home better than the 70's side. That needs to be buried in History imo.

fi credu, we will come back better than the '71 lions too

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Oct 2011, 10:48 am

Oh well.... another dream over.....congrats AB's, go on and win it now, you deserve to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down