The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales recent record

+15
fa0019
munkian
Cowshot
rainbow-warrior
bedfordwelsh
Scratch
mckay1402
quinsforever
Bullsbok
tigerleghorn
RDSguru
Duty281
TJ
Rugby Fan
The Saint
19 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Wales recent record Empty Wales recent record

Post by The Saint Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:08 pm

So as usual poor old Wales have been the victim of misused quantitative data, quite often actually. I'm not really sure why or how our third team winning one and then losing one (as expected) against Japan has any bearing on the team that won back-to-back 6 Nations championships. If you consider that then our recent record contains a 30-3 win and a 40-6 win over highly ranked teams, and we also went through winning 4 games on the bounce without conceding a single try. We were expected to lose SA, they have an exceptional team right now and are well ahead of Wales and everyone else bar just the one team in black. It's not such a bad recent record as made out by everyone if you ask me.

Broken Record vomit Hug

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Wales recent record Empty Re: Wales recent record

Post by Rugby Fan Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:11 pm

Do you think Wales should beat Australia when they next meet?

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:12 pm

When did you last beat SA, NZ or Aus?

Why do you have to claim such stupidity as
third team winning one and then losing one (as expected) against Japan

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:20 pm

TJ wrote:When did you last beat SA, NZ or Aus?

Why do you have to claim such stupidity as
third team winning one and then losing one (as expected) against Japan
SA 1999, or 2000, Aus 2013 Wink, NZ a long time ago (something Scotland or Ireland have never done and probably won't do in their next game).

Because we had 15 players with the Lions and a high number of injuries occur in the closing stages of the season. Some other players were rested. The dull management picked a lot of players deemed third choice in the position, or higher than third choice, considering one guy was a premiership player. We won the first game and then lost the second. Understand?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:21 pm

Rugby Fan wrote:Do you think Wales should beat Australia when they next meet?
If the Saint, as an individual, answers yes, will all Wales fans be accused of delusional arrogance?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:22 pm

Yes - you have not beaten a SH team for a long time and were beaten by Japan, only able to draw with Fiji and was it Tonga who also beat you recently?.  Nice line in excuses claiming third choice against japan and attacks on others to deflect criticism from your ridiculous position.

wales recent record is what it is Poor outside of the 6N  and this is why they are ranked only 7 in the world.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:25 pm

TJ wrote:Yes - you have not beaten a SH team for a long time and were beaten by Japan, only able to draw with Fiji and was it Tonga who also beat you recently?.  Nice line in excuses claiming third choice against japan  and attacks on others to deflect criticism from your ridiculous position.

wales recent record is what it is Poor outside of the 6N  and this is why they are ranked only 7 in the world.
This.

And Saint, I didn't realise that the depth of Welsh rugby was so bad that you expected to lose one to Japan? No disrespect to Japan of course.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:26 pm

It was our third team that lost to Japan and has no relevance on the previous team competing in the 6 Nations, nor the current team playing in this autumn series. Record agaisnt the best 3 teams to have ever graced the sport accepted. We were criticised for having such a poor recent record. I've looked at our recent record, bearing in mind what I've said in the OP, 30-3 and 40-6 wins against highly ranked teams not so long after winning 4 game in a row without conceding a single try is not so bad if you ask me.

Rankings shmankings. Back-to-back champions is what we are.

Very Happy

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:29 pm

Duty281 wrote:
TJ wrote:Yes - you have not beaten a SH team for a long time and were beaten by Japan, only able to draw with Fiji and was it Tonga who also beat you recently?.  Nice line in excuses claiming third choice against japan  and attacks on others to deflect criticism from your ridiculous position.

This.

And Saint, I didn't realise that the depth of Welsh rugby was so bad that you expected to lose one to Japan? No disrespect to Japan of course.
With just 4 teams and not so big a playing pool it's no surprise that our depth is not as good as another 5 top nations in rugby. Japan had played pretty well in the RWC so a lot of us raised concerns over selection and the thinking behind the management's decision making before the tour.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:30 pm

Last time Wales beat an SH side was.... yesterday.. before that 2011 if I recall?

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:31 pm

meaning NZ, SA or Aus.  when did wales last beat any of them? Its not that hard even lowly Scotland have beaten SA and Aus recently. And we managed to beat Japan

Last edited by TJ on Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:33 pm

The Saint wrote:
If the Saint, as an individual, answers yes, will all Wales fans be accused of delusional arrogance?
I think Wales should beat Australia too. The reason I don't think Wales have a record which matches the potential of their team is that I also think you should have beaten them last year, and at least once during the summer tour of 2012.

I think a Welsh victory over Australia will go a long way to defusing a lot of the frustration. It's an important benchmark, not least because both teams will be in the same group at the next World Cup

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:33 pm

TJ wrote:meaning NZ, SA or Aus.  when did wales last beat any of them?  
Changing the question because you don't like the answer....?

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:34 pm

Bit chippy tonight Saint, what's up chap?

You're lucky Wales hasn't attracted the attention of GE to any great degree, he'd really ruin your evening!

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:36 pm

RDSguru wrote:
fair cop - changing it because beating Argentina is not what I meant. Wales recent record is not that great against top teams. this is one of the ways we can see it and why wales are ranked 7 in the world

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:36 pm

The Saint wrote:It was our third team that lost to Japan and has no relevance on the previous team competing in the 6 Nations, nor the current team playing in this autumn series. Record agaisnt the best 3 teams to have ever graced the sport accepted. We were criticised for having such a poor recent record. I've looked at our recent record, bearing in mind what I've said in the OP, 30-3 and 40-6 wins against highly ranked teams not so long after winning 4 game in a row without conceding a single try is not so bad if you ask me.

Very Happy
9 wins out of the last 11 for England. New Zealand, Australia, Argentina (x3), Ireland, and France all put to the English sword.

Only those pesky Welsh and a resurgent New Zealand in England's way.

3rd in the world without a doubt, although I suppose we have to wait until England play Wales next year to put the seal on that!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:36 pm

Rugby Fan wrote:
The Saint wrote:
I think Wales should beat Australia too. The reason I don't think Wales have a record which matches the potential of their team is that I also think you should have beaten them last year, and at least once during the summer tour of 2012.

I think a Welsh victory over Australia will go a long way to defusing a lot of the frustration. It's an important benchmark, not least because both teams will be in the same group at the next World Cup
ah the sound of sense echoes around 606v2.... not sure we can do it in 2 weeks time, probably another close one though.. sigh

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:37 pm

Can't be long until the false accusations of anti welshness appear

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:40 pm

TJ wrote:
RDSguru wrote:
 fair cop - changing it because beating Argentina is not what I meant.  Wales recent record is not that great against top teams.  this is one of the ways we can see it and why wales are ranked 7 in the world
To be honest we're ranked 7th because of our record against 4th to 12th .. ish, not because of our record against the top 3 SH sides

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:46 pm

Exactly RDS. And we were told that only Wales fans couldn't grasp how the rankings work. Now people are starting to see why I posted that previous article. Hate to say The Saint told you so.

TJ, showing complete arrogance again, guess it's not such a welsh trait afterall. I think the "Scotland have a good record against SH" myth got dispelled after your 28 nil drubbing to SA. It's not just SA though, Scotland have a poor record against all comers compared to Wales. So once again I don't see why people make a 3 course meal over Wales' recent record when I've pointed out it isn't too bad.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:49 pm

Rugby Fan wrote:
The Saint wrote:

You're an England fan? We were winning up until the closing seconds of that game. It was a hard one to take yet posters like TJ and quins took great joy in a Wales loss as usual.

At the moment I'm not sure if we'll beat Aus. I'm better placed to make a judgement call after Wales and Aus next games. I think Australia will be in a good position as I expect them to beat Scotland so they would have had 3 convincing wins in a row. They're backs are against the wall and they're looking to put one over against a Lions nation. They'll have their good record versus Wales in mind too so they'll be very hard to stop.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:51 pm

The Saint wrote:Exactly RDS. And we were told that only Wales fans couldn't grasp how the rankings work. Now people are starting to see why I posted that previous article. Hate to say The Saint told you so.

TJ, showing complete arrogance again, guess it's not such a welsh trait afterall. I think the "Scotland have a good record against SH" myth got dispelled after your 28 nil drubbing to SA. It's not just SA though, Scotland have a poor record against all comers compared to Wales. So once again I don't see why people make a 3 course meal over Wales' recent record when I've pointed out it isn't too bad.
Well Scotland have a much better record against the Aussies and Springboks than Wales . Against the Aussies the Scots have 9 games out of 27 while Wales have 10 out of 36 . Matter of fact the Aussies havent been the Scots since 06 interestingly .
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:52 pm

the saint. Oh you really are paranoid and nasty. Now yo accuse me of arrogance. I am a scots fan. no arrogance possible

the point is a simple one. Scotland in the last few years a have beaten SA and Aus. Wales have not.

wales recent record is medicore. No defeats of top teams bar England, beaten my Japan. drew with fiji. is it 6 out of the last 16 games won or something? 7th in the world. Hardly a record to scare the top teams

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:52 pm

tigerleghorn wrote:Bit chippy tonight Saint, what's up chap?

You're lucky Wales hasn't attracted the attention of GE to any great degree, he'd really ruin your evening!
Anti-wales people have gone unpunished for months is what's up. I'm trying to raise awareness. GE must be out on the town with his local English friends.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:55 pm

TJ wrote:the saint.  Oh you really are paranoid and nasty.  Now yo accuse me of arrogance.  I am a scots fan.  no arrogance possible

the point is a simple one.  Scotland in the last few years a have beaten SA and Aus.  Wales have not.  

wales recent record is medicore.  No defeats of top teams bar England, beaten my Japan.  drew with fiji.  is it 6 out of the last 16 games won or something?  7th in the world.  Hardly a record to scare the top teams

And another simple fact is Scotland's record is terrible against all comers, especially Wales. There is no comparison so please cease the madness!

The most recent game against Fiji we won 66-0. The 6 out of 16 games is true but it depends how you look at it. Obviously you have no common sense because everythig I tell you doesn't seem to register.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:56 pm

The Saint wrote: We were winning up until the closing seconds of that game. It was a hard one to take yet posters like TJ and quins took great joy in a Wales loss as usual.

Now thats a step too far. So far you have accused me of anti welshness with no evidence, arrogance with no evidence now you claim I " took great joy in a Wales loss as usual" that really is abject nonsense. Where did I take great joy in a wales loss? I love watching england get beaT apart from when they play aus but I don't care than much about Wales. so lets see some evidence for your latest baseless accusation

Now is the time to put some evidence on your baseless accusations. PUT UP OR SHUT UP

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:57 pm

The Saint wrote:
tigerleghorn wrote:Bit chippy tonight Saint, what's up chap?

Anti-wales people have gone unpunished for months is what's up. I'm trying to raise awareness. GE must be out on the town with his local English friends.
COME ON - SOME EVIDENCE OF THIS ANTI WELSHNESS YOU ACCUSE ME AND OTHERS OF.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:57 pm

With the greatest of respect, is there anything to be anti-Welsh about?

Alright, 2 consecutive Six Nations titles is neat, but, as an Englishman, I'm not exactly bursting with jealously here.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:58 pm

Well Scotland have a much better record against the Aussies and Springboks than Wales . Against the Aussies the Scots have 9 games  out of 27 while Wales have 10 out of 36 . Matter of fact the Aussies havent been the Scots since 06 interestingly .
It's not that much better. Somebody else brought 'lowly Scotland' into this so I stated their record was terrible against all-comers. Wales have a much better record yet we're the ones getting flak, even from a number of Scots which is confusing. Even the saffa's have latched on. See how it spreads?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:58 pm

Duty281 wrote:With the greatest of respect, is there anything to be anti-Welsh about?

Alright, 2 consecutive Six Nations titles is neat, but, as an Englishman, I'm not exactly bursting with jealously here.
censored here we go Wales recent record 1347041234
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:59 pm

The Saint wrote:
TJ wrote:the saint.  Oh you really are paranoid and nasty.  Now yo accuse me of arrogance.  I am a scots fan.  no arrogance possible

the point is a simple one.  Scotland in the last few years a have beaten SA and Aus.  Wales have not.  

wales recent record is medicore.  No defeats of top teams bar England, beaten my Japan.  drew with fiji.  is it 6 out of the last 16 games won or something?  7th in the world.  Hardly a record to scare the top teams

And another simple fact is Scotland's record is terrible against all comers, especially Wales. There is no comparison so please cease the madness!

The most recent game against Fiji we won 66-0. The 6 out of 16 games is true but it depends how you look at it. Obviously you have no common sense because everythig I tell you doesn't seem to register.
What - the load of nonsense, excuses and wild accusation which you cannot back up in any way. Wales recent record is not great. 6 out of 16 and defeats and draws with minnows.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:00 am

TJ wrote:
The Saint wrote: We were winning up until the closing seconds of that game. It was a hard one to take yet posters like TJ and quins took great joy in a Wales loss as usual.

Now thats a step too far.  So far you have accused me of anti welshness with no evidence, arrogance with no evidence now you claim I " took great joy in a Wales loss as usual"  that really is abject nonsense.  Where did I take great joy in a wales loss?  I love watching england get beaT apart from when they play aus but I don't care than much about Wales.  so lets see some evidence for your latest baseless accusation

Now is the time to put some evidence on your baseless accusations. PUT UP OR SHUT UP
TJ simply put, you're a WUM victim Smile. Despite this, what I say in the OP is true. I'm getting attacked for showing perspective.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:00 am

Bullsbok wrote:
The Saint wrote:Exactly RDS. And we were told that only Wales fans couldn't grasp how the rankings work. Now people are starting to see why I posted that previous article. Hate to say The Saint told you so.

Well Scotland have a much better record against the Aussies and Springboks than Wales . Against the Aussies the Scots have 9 games  out of 27 while Wales have 10 out of 36 . Matter of fact the Aussies havent been the Scots since 06 interestingly .
Yet Wales have a much better Record against AB's, ooh ooh ooh and England

Funny old world! 2 of the top 3... Yahoo 

Last edited by RDSguru on Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:01 am

Bullsbok wrote:
Duty281 wrote:With the greatest of respect, is there anything to be anti-Welsh about?

I'm only mentioning it!

I'm not sure how much I have in common with anyone else around here, but I'd rather England did beter in the AIs than the SNs - after all, the autumn internationals test you against the World's elite - New Zealand, South Africa, and, to an extent, Australia.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:02 am

The Saint wrote:
It's not that much better. Somebody else brought 'lowly Scotland' into this so I stated their record was terrible against all-comers. Wales have a much better record yet we're the ones getting flak, even from a number of Scots which is confusing. Even the saffa's have latched on. See how it spreads?
Its three wins against Aus and SA more than Wales have managed in recent years. Wales are not getting flak - you are saint for your ridiculous false accusations and ridiculous excuses for Wales only being 7th in the world and failing to bet Aus, And SA and even Japan

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:03 am

unfortunately i dont think results in 1953 weight heavily in the IRB rankings...

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:03 am

The Saint wrote:
TJ wrote:

Now thats a step too far.  So far you have accused me of anti welshness with no evidence, arrogance with no evidence now you claim I " took great joy in a Wales loss as usual"  that really is abject nonsense.  Where did I take great joy in a wales loss?  I love watching england get beaT apart from when they play aus but I don't care than much about Wales.  so lets see some evidence for your latest baseless accusation

TJ simply put, you're a WUM victim Smile. Despite this, what I say in the OP is true. I'm getting attacked for showing perspective.
a what? A WUM victim? do you have any idea how ridiculous you look with your continual false accusations?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:03 am

Duty281 wrote:
Bullsbok wrote:

I'm only mentioning it!

I'm not sure how much I have in common with anyone else around here, but I'd rather England did beter in the AIs than the SNs - after all, the autumn internationals test you against the World's elite - New Zealand, South Africa, and, to an extent, Australia.
Each to their own.. no matter welsh, english etc

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:04 am

TJ wrote:
The Saint wrote:

What - the load of nonsense, excuses and wild accusation which you cannot back up in any way.  Wales recent record is not great.  6 out of 16 and defeats and draws with minnows.
Look it's either 6 out of 16 or, 6 out of 10. It's 6 from 10 just counting this year's games king. Your skewing stats to favour you, I'm skewing stats to favour me. Japan series aside, a lot of teams outside of SA/NZ would be extremely envious of winning 4 games in a row without conceding a try and beating highly ranked teams very convincingly. 30-3 and 40-6 is very convincing.

Hug

Last edited by The Saint on Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:04 am

quinsforever wrote:unfortunately i dont think results in 1953 weight heavily in the IRB rankings...
Just as well.... imagine the Scots and Irish rankings...

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:05 am

Duty281 have to say i'm with you there. RWC is all that matters to me. each to their own though.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:06 am

Are Argentina highly ranked?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:06 am

TJ wrote:
The Saint wrote:
Its three wins against Aus and SA more than Wales have managed in recent years.  Wales are not getting flak - you are saint for your ridiculous false accusations and ridiculous excuses for Wales only being 7th in the world and failing to bet Aus, And SA and even Japan
We won the last 6 nations too. We also beat highly ranked teams very convincingly. It's a lot more than other teams have done. Is this a bitter jealousy thing?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:08 am

Duty281 wrote:Are Argentina highly ranked?
Within the top 10 and highly rated. They play top 3 teams (as Wales have done) a lot more often. That's a good point. Why don't Arg get criticised for losing to SH sides like Wales do?

Arg are ranked 10th, but realistically are probably a better team than Scotland who are 9th. Wales are ranked higher than both BTW.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:08 am

Not at all. Its a reality check. 7thin the world is Wales rank and nothing false about it. same as sciotlands is 9th right now (IIRC)

Waht top teams have yo beaten convincingly? England last year yes but who else?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:09 am

quinsforever wrote:Duty281 have to say i'm with you there. RWC is all that matters to me. each to their own though.
WALES HAVE WON A RUGBY WORLD CUP.

Cue the haters telling me I have a chip on my shoulder.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:09 am

The Saint wrote:It was our third team that lost to Japan and has no relevance on the previous team competing in the 6 Nations, nor the current team playing in this autumn series. Record agaisnt the best 3 teams to have ever graced the sport accepted. We were criticised for having such a poor recent record. I've looked at our recent record, bearing in mind what I've said in the OP, 30-3 and 40-6 wins against highly ranked teams not so long after winning 4 game in a row without conceding a single try is not so bad if you ask me.

Very Happy
Ranking shmankings you say but then you're quick to pratt on you were expected to lose against SA because they're the 2nd best ranked team in the world .
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:10 am

The Saint wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Are Argentina highly ranked?
Within the top 10 and highly rated. They play top 3 teams (as Wales have done) a lot more often. That's a good point. Why don't Arg get criticised for losing to SH sides like Wales do?  

Arg are ranked 10th, but realistically are probably a better team than Scotland who are 9th. Wales are ranked higher than both BTW.
Yes - so beating argentina 3 places below you is only to be expected. I like the way you claim argentina are better than scotladn despite being ranked lower. Yo really do talk some utter nonsense

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:11 am

Bullsbok wrote:

Very Happy
Ranking shmankings you say but then you're quick to pratt on you were expected to lose against SA because they're the 2nd best ranked team in the world .
I'm on a WUM on this occassion mate.

I think the rankings have flaws, but would you disagree with NZ and SA being 1 and 2 in world rugby? I don't think anyone else comes close.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:12 am

The Saint wrote:
quinsforever wrote:Duty281 have to say i'm with you there. RWC is all that matters to me. each to their own though.
WALES HAVE WON A RUGBY WORLD CUP.

Cue the haters telling me I have a chip on my shoulder.
i'm obviously missing something with this one.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next