The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Didn't we just beat Munster away?

3 posters

Go down

Didn't we just beat Munster away? Empty Didn't we just beat Munster away?

Post by mrzimmerman Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:38 am

I know the whole country(Wales) is being swallowed up with the world cup. I'm as excited as anyone about us reaching the semi final. Well done Wales. But...............I do feel that my regions' achievements have gone rather unnoticed so I though i'd write a litle post congratulating them not only for winning their first six games but ALSO beating all the four Irish regions AND beating the formidable Munster in TP. Well done Ospreys. You may not have been playing sparkling rugby but you've shown as the national side has a new found sense of self belief that exists in Welsh rugby. In the recent past we've almost been worried about winning and playing confidently as the pressure it puts on us but not anymore. Also well done to Treviso for an excellent away win at Ulster.

mrzimmerman

Back to top Go down

Didn't we just beat Munster away? Empty Re: Didn't we just beat Munster away?

Post by Kingshu Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:57 am

Ospreys deserve credit for the start they have made in the pro 12, unbeaten.

They are going to be the team to beat this year, look set for a top 2 finish I'd say.

Have to say they surprised me, I thought they would struggle a bit, losing key players I thought it would take time to gel as a team, and then have to re-gel when the WC players returned, but I got it wrong and they are storming through th eLeague at the minute.

Well played.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:32 pm

The Ospreys havent suprised me to be honest, this team they have now is pretty much the one they had at the end of last season, throw in the fact that the Ospreys pretty much have an international front 5 with Duncan jones, who is playing world class at the moment, richard hibbard the 2nd choice wales hooker, with another international hooker mefin davies backing him up, cai griffiths who is a beast at tight head, as well as 6'9" welsh international ian evans at lock alongside willy old man ian gough making up the unit.

compare that unit with the front 5's most other teams have who are at the bare bones and you can see why the ospreys have put some teams to the sword this season.

Then factor in probably one of the most promising opensides in the world in Tipuric as captain, another 67 cap Jonathan thomas who has bulked up and hit form.

Then throw in the promising webb at scrum half, Biggar whos confidence has returned, at fly half, as well as strength in depth at centre with bishop, and ashley beck. We also have a host of young promising wingers in the squad who are all vying for games until nicki walker, bowe and shane williams return.

I just think the Ospreys planned ahead at the end of last season and gave oppertunities to people knowing they would need them before this season as they would need to step up and perform.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down