The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You don't know what you have until it's gone: Part II - No more arguing

+5
mthierry
Tenez
noleisthebest
JuliusHMarx
bogbrush
9 posters

Go down

You don't know what you have until it's gone: Part II - No more arguing Empty You don't know what you have until it's gone: Part II - No more arguing

Post by bogbrush Mon 10 Oct 2011, 8:43 am

As YI Man says, you don't know what you've got until you've lost it. So, to give a sneak peek at what we might lose if negativity was gone, here's an article of the future. Please contribute to this thread in the appropriate manner so we can all take a look at what tennis discussion might be like:

Japan Final

Andy Murray scored an impressive win yesterday in the Japan Open. He played brilliant stuff against an opponent who also played incredibly well, just not as well as Andy.
Nadal was very gracious in defeat, conceding that the better man on the day won although 10 Slams certainly tells us that he has nothing to be ashamed of! What a wonderful display both men gave us.

There was a lovely moment as Rafa delayed play because a little baby was crying! Such good natured sportsmanship!

Andy now closes in on the #3 position, though Federer may have something to say about that as the wonderful Swiss player will surely return from his break refreshed and ready for more. Murray will get that first Slam soon, although Nole, Rafa and Roger will also be pushing for more Slams so maybe they'll all get some.

I'm sure all posters will join me in applauding Andy for his big win and wishing him and Rafa the best for the rest of the season. The courts will be faster from here on which is great but also no greater than slower courts which are just as valid and entertaining.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

You don't know what you have until it's gone: Part II - No more arguing Empty Re: You don't know what you have until it's gone: Part II - No more arguing

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 10 Oct 2011, 8:59 am

Careful BB, you'll almost have me thinking you enjoy watching tennis if you keep writing stuff like that Wink

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

You don't know what you have until it's gone: Part II - No more arguing Empty Re: You don't know what you have until it's gone: Part II - No more arguing

Post by noleisthebest Mon 10 Oct 2011, 9:32 am

I wish a happy an successful recovery to all injured players.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 10 Oct 2011, 10:23 am

If I may, I must say I am a bit disappointed by Murray. 60 in the third is a bit disrespectful to the great Nadal. In our club we tend to avoid such one sided score lines. Not to take anythikng away from Andy but Nadal was probably tired and that's not the way to treat someone having a bad day. PLus the crowd, and other posters here, could have enjoyed a longer game.

Nevermind, let's not be too negative (sorry I can't help), and let's rejoice at being able to watch such amazing talents in maybe what could be one of the strongest era.

I also thoroughly agree with BB, NITB, JHM posts and all other level-headed posters of v2.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 10 Oct 2011, 10:27 am

Tenez wrote:....JHM posts and all other level-headed posters of v2.

I knew it - Tenez had to have a go at my level head. If I had more hair I could cover it up better.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct 2011, 10:38 am

Its like being back at school on here sometimes.
All I want is for people to stop attacking posters because they like a certain player. I want people to stop posting stuff like:

"Nadal is only really admired by those who don't really follow tennis"
"You have a major Murray fanboy syndrome"

If you have a problem with that, then this forum isn't for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct 2011, 10:39 am

I thought you had it in you BB, well done.

It doesnt take much does it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct 2011, 10:43 am

YIMan, you're between a rock and a hard place.

You are forgetting that some posters believe they own this site because they are members and they have a right to say what they please without any appreciation of responsible interaction.

You could thrash them blue with the "Respect" whip, but they have tough hides and won't feel a thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by mthierry Mon 10 Oct 2011, 11:42 am

Some people just don't get it and would never get it.

Taking Nadal as an example - no one says you have to adore his game or his personality or desist from criticizing him. That's the nature of opinion and debate.

It's also possible to be disagreeable without taking the p**$ out of other posters by incessant repetition and regurgitation of the same thing on pretty much every thread that so much as alludes to him.

A couple of people are just insufferable with remarkable willpower for such tedious repetition of the same arguments in most threads and it ruins the forum for certain posters who can't have constructive debate that won't descend to player bashing.

I, for example, have thought of creating an article on changes that could turn around Nadal's dwindling fortunes but you just know it would get overrun in the end by the cliquey, vocal, anti- Nadal troupe bashing his talent and whatever else takes their fancy and it just isn't worth it.

mthierry

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 10 Oct 2011, 12:04 pm

mthierry wrote:I, for example, have thought of creating an article on changes that could turn around Nadal's dwindling fortunes but you just know it would get overrun in the end by the cliquey, vocal, anti- Nadal troupe bashing his talent and whatever else takes their fancy and it just isn't worth it.

Isn't that typically an insult to posters who unlike you share their views on the players and not the poster?

That's where I seem to disagree with IYMan...if you can't take the critique of your player, this forum should not be for you....not the other way around.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct 2011, 12:16 pm

Tenez wrote:
mthierry wrote:I, for example, have thought of creating an article on changes that could turn around Nadal's dwindling fortunes but you just know it would get overrun in the end by the cliquey, vocal, anti- Nadal troupe bashing his talent and whatever else takes their fancy and it just isn't worth it.

Isn't that typically an insult to posters who unlike you share their views on the players and not the poster?

That's where I seem to disagree with IYMan...if you can't take the critique of your player, this forum should not be for you....not the other way around.

Those quotes are not criticisms of a player!
That is what I have issue with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 10 Oct 2011, 12:19 pm

Y I Man wrote:
Tenez wrote:

Those quotes are not criticisms of a player!

They are not mine but I would not be surprised if they were said after being attacked by over sensitive posters who coudl not handle to have their player being criticised...constructively or not.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 10 Oct 2011, 12:21 pm

Er.... this thread is supposed to be a window into 606v3 where the Sun always shines!

What a pity that Jubbahey on the one hand congratulates me and on the next turns on me for trying to raise the tone!
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct 2011, 12:29 pm

Tenez, the Nadal one was said on my other article yesterday where I asked for that sort of stuff to stop.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Mon 10 Oct 2011, 12:36 pm

All tennis players are great. They have all worked their socks off just to get a chance to be a professional player. I do have my preferences over the players I do and don't like, but you still have to show respect to these players. I'm not Nadal's biggest fan but he can play some good tennis like anyone else.

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by mthierry Mon 10 Oct 2011, 12:43 pm

Tenez wrote:

Do you even know the meaning of the word "insult"? And that's rich coming from a poster whose first words to me on this forum was to tell me to "stick to football". Or all the garbage about needing to play the game before commenting. Or your contemptious dismissal of Lydian's tennis knowledge when you're in disagreement.

You are in particular, one poster that makes this place difficult. There's a line between being disagreeable and being intolerable and you flirt with the latter.

Your posts aren't particularly offensive but the sheer tedium of the ceaseless Nadal bashing can be unbearable for many.

mthierry

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 10 Oct 2011, 12:54 pm

You see you don;t know what you are talking about!

https://www.606v2.com/t15628-japan-open-latest

Just go and check this thread. I am just predicting who I think will be the winner in Tokyo's final and Lydian and you jump at my throat!

EXPLAIN!

Isn;t that thread perfectly summarising up the situation? People complaining that I go on for ever with my "bashing Nadal" and threaten to leave because of it are actually raising the subject themselves. Adn this sadly demonstrated by those threads being actually busier than innocent tennis threads. Only one conclusion: Those cry-babies, like to cry!

This is what I call being caught red-handed! !!!

Last edited by Tenez on Mon 10 Oct 2011, 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 10 Oct 2011, 1:09 pm

bogbrush wrote:Er.... this thread is supposed to be a window into 606v3 where the Sun always shines!

Look out, it's raining again.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 10 Oct 2011, 1:20 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
bogbrush wrote:Er.... this thread is supposed to be a window into 606v3 where the Sun always shines!

Look out, it's raining again.

Every day was stormy on 606. During a Slam it usually kicked up to Category 5 Hurricane level.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by mthierry Mon 10 Oct 2011, 1:26 pm

Tenez wrote:You see you don;t know what you are talking about!

https://www.606v2.com/t15628-japan-open-latest

Just go and check this thread. I am just predicting who I think will be the winner in Tokyo's final and Lydian and you jump at my throat!

EXPLAIN!

Isn;t that thread perfectly summarising up the situation? People complaining that I go on for ever with my "bashing Nadal" and threaten to leave because of it are actually raising the subject themselves. Adn this sadly demonstrated by those threads being actually busier than innocent tennis threads. Only one conclusion: Those cry-babies, like to cry!

This is what I call being caught red-handed! !!!
I don't want to believe along with your other short-comings is dishonesty. Anyone with a brain who reads those comments knows Lydian and I "jumped on your throat" due to the comments before your prediction which anyone who knows can guess what you were insinuating. How on earth can we "jump on your throat" because you made a prediction?

Why choose to be disingenious and pretend you don't know why you were disparaged on that thread?

You're the "cry baby" if you spend a great deal of your life obsessing over a legend of the sport who knows nothing about your existence.

Let this forum breathe, Tenez. You'll be much better for it.

mthierry

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 10 Oct 2011, 1:46 pm

Wrong...again. I just tought that Fish had the opportunity to serve for the first set and failed...there was nothing else about my point. And you still have not explained why if you and others are fed up of me talking about Nadal, how come you bring the subject first.

It's easy to say let's take a breathing now but this site worked perfectly fine thus far and there was no point complaining in the first place. I read roughly the last 20 threads and I still wonder why there has been a need to raise a behaviour thread.

I hope I can read further posts from JK and JM soon. They are actually fun compared to others.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct 2011, 2:59 pm

mthierry wrote:
Tenez wrote:

Do you even know the meaning of the word "insult"? And that's rich coming from a poster whose first words to me on this forum was to tell me to "stick to football". Or all the garbage about needing to play the game before commenting. Or your contemptious dismissal of Lydian's tennis knowledge when you're in disagreement.

You are in particular, one poster that makes this place difficult. There's a line between being disagreeable and being intolerable and you flirt with the latter.

Your posts aren't particularly offensive but the sheer tedium of the ceaseless Nadal bashing can be unbearable for many.

You can't expect a poster to change his views simply because they're contrary to your opinions. You've already admitted that his views aren't 'particularly offensive' hence there is a simple solution to this; don't read his posts and don't comment on them.

That's what I did when Tenez wrote, imo, a moronic post on whether Federer is better than he used to be. I found his constant rambling unbearable but at least he was consistent, and he debated with good comportment throughout - I don't think you can ask anything more from a poster.

The forum has enough scope to allow an array of different opinions. Not too long ago, this forum was dominated by Nadal fans, who incidentally went MIA when their hero started becoming Novak's punch bag. I found them to be quite insufferable but I respected their right to post, as long as the said posting is not against house rules.

Finally, this is clearly a subjective matter. What one poster may find distasteful, others may find completely acceptable. Unless something is clearly offensive, and unrelated to the subject matter, ie tennis, it should be allowed. The last thing we need is a forum that stifles any disagreement. Indeed, how can debate and discussion be possible if one works with that premise.

ghost

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct 2011, 3:03 pm

I'd also like to add,

the tennis section is one of the most sensible sections on here.

If you want to see some real playground insults take a look at some of the other sections on here.

It may not be perfect, but for the most part it works pretty well and is a considerable improvement on the old 606.

ghost

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct 2011, 3:05 pm

Hello

Very Happy

I have been in hibernation somewhat..

Has anyone seen BOOOOOOOOO00000000000000.................?

Oh BOOOOOOOooooooooo000000000000............

where for art thou oh BOOOOOOoooooo........0000000000?

ghost

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 10 Oct 2011, 3:12 pm

'Wherefore art thou' actually means 'why are you', as in 'Romeo, why must you be a Montague?'

Emancipator, aren't you Boo?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon 10 Oct 2011, 4:32 pm

emancipator wrote:Hello

Very Happy

I have been in hibernation somewhat..

Has anyone seen BOOOOOOOOO00000000000000.................?

Oh BOOOOOOOooooooooo000000000000............

where for art thou oh BOOOOOOoooooo........0000000000?

ghost

emancipator

You know what, I made an utter fool of myself on tennis.com looking for BOO, there actually was a character under that name...however a very different BOO Shocked who didin' like going to school when he was little Rolling Eyes

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 10 Oct 2011, 6:25 pm

See, this thread shows what happens when normal tennis fans are forced to only say nice things.

Some carry on as normal and others.... well...... they seem to get a bit unhinged Erm
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon 10 Oct 2011, 6:48 pm

emancipator's not unhinged, he's a higher being (a God if you like) and as such us mere mortals are unable to understand him. He is looking for BOO, his eternal foe through time and through space, across the aeons and the multiverse.

Very Happy

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 10 Oct 2011, 6:54 pm

I meant you.

Wink
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon 10 Oct 2011, 7:01 pm

oh right.

But I was unhinged to begin with, so surely that doesn't count Laugh

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct 2011, 7:25 pm

What a pity that Jubbahey on the one hand congratulates me and on the next turns on me for trying to raise the tone!

What's the confusion, I have just commended you on writing a balanced and accurate report on a match with some reasonable opinions included. I thought that was the intention or was it a parody of all that you stand for?

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 10 Oct 2011, 7:41 pm

Use the fooking foe button for farksake!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Mon 10 Oct 2011, 7:58 pm

mthierry wrote:
Tenez wrote:

clap And I'm not not even a Nadal fan Doh

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct 2011, 9:18 pm

Stop it Legend, I nearly fell off me stool then !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down