The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What makes a Journey man, a Journey man?

+2
Scottrf
punch drunk
6 posters

Go down

What makes a Journey man, a Journey man? Empty What makes a Journey man, a Journey man?

Post by punch drunk Tue 01 Mar 2011, 3:30 pm

Reading an article about the up coming McEwan vs Lee bout, it calls Brian Vera a Journey man. When does a fighter become a journey man. vera has more wins than loses, and against some credible names.
I was always under the impression that a journey man was brought in to give an up and comer a hard time and improve their game. vera beat the up and comer, and more recently beat another good name in Mora.
So, why is Vera a journeyman?

punch drunk

Back to top Go down

What makes a Journey man, a Journey man? Empty Re: What makes a Journey man, a Journey man?

Post by Scottrf Tue 01 Mar 2011, 3:32 pm

No hard and fast rule but:

Will fight at short notice.
Fight regularly.
Fight against the house fighter, can't expect to get the decision even if they win.
Almost always go the distance.

To be honest I wouldn't consider Vera a journeyman, he is a level above.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

What makes a Journey man, a Journey man? Empty Re: What makes a Journey man, a Journey man?

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 01 Mar 2011, 3:37 pm

Traveling around a lot for a pay day

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Tue 01 Mar 2011, 3:49 pm

Just because one person called Vera a journeyman doesn't make him one.

My ex girlfriend calls me all sorts of names and none of them are an accurate description of who I am. Apart from maybe 'w***er'.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 01 Mar 2011, 4:10 pm

Being someone who's never expected to achieve anything other than giving up-and-comers a few miles on their clock.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Stick and Move Wed 02 Mar 2011, 1:13 pm

I'd say Vera is more of a gatekeeper than a journeyman as he will beat fighters of a journyman level but generally loses to the best in the division whilst giving them a good fight. However if a fighter takes him litely like Mora did he is capable of getting the win.

Stick and Move

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down