The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welsh RWC Post Mortem

+34
scoi
kultschar
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Biltong
Taylorman
21st Century Schizoid Man
Rollmeister
wonder_man
sirBiggles
Oxford Welsh
stlowe
majesticimperialman
Taffineastbourne
walesworldcup
Looseheaded
Gatts
Shifty
hawalsh
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
finbarthedog
maestegmafia
ME-109
Islingtonv2
Boyne
offload
Welshmushroom
munkian
dogtooth
Comfort
bedfordwelsh
Hirwaun7
Cymroglan
mckay1402
HERSH
38 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Welsh RWC Post Mortem Empty Welsh RWC Post Mortem

Post by HERSH Wed 12 Oct 2011, 1:12 pm

Just another wum I hear you cry, well its not!

Ok maybe a bit early but what if Wales lose this weekend?

Will it be regarded as a successful world cup because you got further than England or will it be regarded as a failure, because to me Wales look to be in good shape and start the game as favourites against France, or will it be looked on as a positive thing and a solid platform for the next four years where by Wales will be playing their games at the MS, so in theory its a home RWC for them too.

As Wales are favourites how will they coup under the pressure of a semi, France have been there before and their players have played in high pressure euro games the majority of the Welsh lads haven't, this may well be an advantage or it may not.

So if they lose this weekend how would the Welsh fans feel?

606v2 it’s over to you.

HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Welsh RWC Post Mortem Empty Re: Welsh RWC Post Mortem

Post by mckay1402 Wed 12 Oct 2011, 1:21 pm

Massively disappointed. As you say, Wales are in the best position to get to a final. Having said that it could only be seen as a positive. Considering how poor the wales team were a year ago nobody expected a semi final.

I don't think the pressure will get to them. I think they have a lot of composure but losing Priestland will be a big psychological blow I think. France have been there before but none of this squad have been succesful in a semi final so from that point of view they're nothing to fear.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Wed 12 Oct 2011, 1:24 pm

So if they lose this weekend how would the Welsh fans feel?

Gutted of course just like any fan would be if their side has been knocked out of the competition.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirwaun7 Wed 12 Oct 2011, 1:53 pm

The burden of expectation for this team is huge, we will be "gutted" as this Welsh team is the best i have seen in many many many years of watch them. The team has the ability to not only get to the final but win it, regardless who we play. Our disappointment will be born not from losing but from the knowledge that we are good enough to win.
Hirwaun7
Hirwaun7

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 12 Oct 2011, 1:56 pm

I said all along that quartesr was the bare minimum anything else would be seen as a success.

Are we favourites? I don't know, again France will have the experience and they have the better run of results but just the fact that we are going into a semi final of the WC and people are saying its a 50/50 game is fantastic.

How will I feel if we lose - Initially gutted of course, who wouldn't but then if I have to look back and reflect it will be with the biggest sense of optimism I can remember for a long time.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Wed 12 Oct 2011, 2:03 pm

it doesnt matter either way HERSH, as this World Cup has clearly been a non-event Shocked

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Wed 12 Oct 2011, 2:06 pm

Comfort wrote:it doesnt matter either way HERSH, as this World Cup has clearly been a non-event Shocked

laughing
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 12 Oct 2011, 2:40 pm

Getting further than England has nothing to do with anything, its not a benchmark the management,players or fans have set.

We've had a great run, blooded some excellent new players and the world has taken notice of us for the right reasons.

We'll have four years for our younger players to improve and hopefully blood new ones too - our regional and academy system seems to finally be working thumbsup
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 12 Oct 2011, 2:55 pm

For regional rugby to work you have to get bums on seats as well as winning big games in europe, which lets face it isn't happening. Wink

The reason Wales are doing alright ( Doh ) is that Gatts is a good coach (his also lucky to have some talented young players and that Phillips has found some of his Lions form at long last), his a winner but how will Wales get on without him as his odds on for the All Blacks job now.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 12 Oct 2011, 3:00 pm

Should'nt you be more worried about english rugbly self destructing rather than us ? We're doing fine thanks thumbsup
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 12 Oct 2011, 3:03 pm

The Regions finances aren't how much longer can they go on as it is.

As for England it was just a blip but it will act as a huge kick up their backsides and We will win the 2015 RWC
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 12 Oct 2011, 3:14 pm

Based on what exactly ? You'll be missing your palyers who should have retired years ago, how many more people are you going to find with an English grand parent ?

You need to sort out your senior management, your manager, your trainers etc

If you're going to WUM do it well eh ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 12 Oct 2011, 3:21 pm

Stay on topic Munk this is about how Wales will do once Gats has moved onto better things and you'll stuck with Dai Young Laugh
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Wed 12 Oct 2011, 3:36 pm

HERSH wrote:For regional rugby to work you have to get bums on seats as well as winning big games in europe, which lets face it isn't happening. Wink

The reason Wales are doing alright ( Doh ) is that Gatts is a good coach (his also lucky to have some talented young players and that Phillips has found some of his Lions form at long last), his a winner but how will Wales get on without him as his odds on for the All Blacks job now.

Erm unless the All Blacks break tradition Gatland won't be offered the job in the first place. They tend to only consider players & coaches in the country.

Deans and Gatland both plied their trade in New Zealand for the end of the last world cup when they got looked over in 2007. Secondly Gatland has signed another 4 year contract in the Spring and basically has admitted he won't be going anywhere.

Personally I did think Wales would do well. I was also one of the few who has always backed Gatland despite periods of criticism from media and fans. He identified we could play the game but totally lacked in terms of physicallity and fitness. He addressed both and brought depth to the side and is now being rewarded with his processes. Clearly a world class coach much the same as Graham Henry & Robbie Deans. What is clear is that WC success is always a long term plan.

I personally am very proud of the players and the coaches for making the Semi Finals. I dont think they are finished yet by a long shot but they have been a credit to their country. All that said I think we can win Saturday and make a final! Good luck to the Boys and you can do it!! Smile

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 12 Oct 2011, 3:56 pm

HERSH wrote:Stay on topic Munk this is about how Wales will do once Gats has moved onto better things and you'll stuck with Dai Young Laugh

Nope, this is about your team of unprofessional mercenaries dropping out the cup like a wet turd and you having nothing to do but drag other teams down Rolling Eyes
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Wed 12 Oct 2011, 4:00 pm

Welsh Post Mortem?? It will be quick, good natured and then we'll have a drink.

Unlike the English post mortem which will be long, painfull, bitter and divisive reflecting that dark place where English rugby resides. Shocked

Now stop worrying yourself about it and get behind your fellow "British" team - you know, the one still in the competition. Very Happy
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Wed 12 Oct 2011, 4:09 pm

I would like to confirm that everyone sees this thread as a non-event as there are no English posters left.

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Boyne Wed 12 Oct 2011, 4:34 pm

Comfort wrote:I would like to confirm that everyone sees this thread as a non-event as there are no English posters left.

Very Happy

Boyne

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 12 Oct 2011, 4:39 pm

I'll get behind you, but I do think you should sing GSTQ instead of umm whatever you call it, you know the one, it drags on and on and on
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Wed 12 Oct 2011, 4:45 pm

I think Elton John will take up your offer

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Islingtonv2 Wed 12 Oct 2011, 5:07 pm

HERSH wrote:I'll get behind you, but I do think you should sing GSTQ instead of umm whatever you call it, you know the one, it drags on and on and on

what an embarrassment. bet you're one of those people that boo's the other team's national anthem while drinking your pint of stella. plank.

Islingtonv2

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Wed 12 Oct 2011, 5:08 pm

HERSH wrote:I'll get behind you, but I do think you should sing GSTQ instead of umm whatever you call it, you know the one, it drags on and on and on

As an athiest and anti-royalist I have a problem with the G and Q bit. I quite like Jerusalem though, particulary the tune so I'll have a go at that for you. king
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 12 Oct 2011, 5:11 pm

I think Hersh has forgotten to take his medicine....

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Oct 2011, 5:16 pm

It will be hailed as a success because we played well,
a post mortem is only necessary on something that has died and Welsh rugby is alive and kicking baby Yahoo
All Wales will need after this world cup is a fine tune,Wales won't win the World cup i see NewZealand taking it and taking it well.

English rugby thou needs the second coming of Christ to resurrect its crippled Disease ridden,feeble corps.

Drool

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 12 Oct 2011, 5:31 pm

The OP as someone who allegedly formally played in the WELSH PREMIERSHIP you should know full well how devastated the public will be to not make the final.

Wales have not had an opportunity to upset the ranks of world rugby this good since the seventies narrow defeat to the All Blacks in 1972 at Cardiff Arms Park.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by finbarthedog Wed 12 Oct 2011, 5:54 pm

This team has fantastic potential and while they have done very well, who have they really beaten. I would argue that the GS teams of 2008 and 2005 were just as talented. The 2005 team lost by a point and 2 points to NZ and SA respectively in the 2004 Nov tests and defeated Australia in the same series going on to win GS. The 2008 side also defeated Australia.

This side does seem to have more self belief than the GS sides, The 2005 and 08 sides perhaps suffered from a historical inferiority and while performimg well on accassion, struggled to achieve consistancy at the very highest level. Mental fortitude, has I believe yet to be really tested. They have performed under pressure, but against sides they would hope to have the measure of. The real test will come over the next 2 games, when they will have to beat sides they have never (as a group) defeated, and who will be at a level they have yet to face.

They are on the verge of greatness, I hope it is within them to achieve it

finbarthedog

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 12 Oct 2011, 5:57 pm

finbarthedog wrote:The real test will come over the next 2 games, when they will have to beat sides they have never (as a group) defeated, and who will be at a level they have yet to face.

They are on the verge of greatness, I hope it is within them to achieve it

Well said mate...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 12 Oct 2011, 6:00 pm

Hersh, I've asked you once before, so I'll repeat myself - pls can you just leave the blatant baiting out? This is v2, not old 606, so move on, eh? OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by hawalsh Wed 12 Oct 2011, 6:03 pm

Who is this new HERSH? It's certainly not the original, this one's posts are noticably lacking in imagination, style and syntax.

Wumming is a sad enough activity as it is, but it's rather pathetic that this new WUM is trying (badly) to trade on an old name rather than establish their own identity.

hawalsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed 12 Oct 2011, 6:44 pm

As a Welsh fan I really don't care what happens from this point on, I really hoped we'd give South Africa a game and hopefully not lose to the Island teams, which we have done.
Ireland did us a favour by beating Australia and gave us a chance of going further, because we knew we could beat them.

Anything from this point onwards is a bonus and as a Welsh fan I have been relaxed and enjoyed our boys playing, I am very proud of what they are doing.
If they go out at any point, as long as they have tried their best then we can't ask for more.

Looking at the teams whom are left I expect Wales to finish fourth.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 12 Oct 2011, 6:49 pm

Alyn,

Whilst everything is as you say a bonus I still care, as for finishing fourth then I think we can and would beat Australia in a 3rd place play as in 87 with both games being repeat of that year.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed 12 Oct 2011, 6:52 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:Alyn,

Whilst everything is as you say a bonus I still care, as for finishing fourth then I think we can and would beat Australia in a 3rd place play as in 87 with both games being repeat of that year.
Fair points, but what I am trying to say is I'm not getting stressed or overly excited I'm just very happy that Wales are playing at their absolute peak and exceeding all expectations.
It doesnt get any better than this for us, so just sit back and enjoy it while it lasts.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Wed 12 Oct 2011, 6:57 pm

While we are still in the competition there is every chance we will bring the trophy back to Wales.
And I bet you every member of our squad thinks the same thing.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed 12 Oct 2011, 7:03 pm

Cymroglan wrote:While we are still in the competition there is every chance we will bring the trophy back to Wales.
And I bet you every member of our squad thinks the same thing.
Sure but lets also be mindful to get this far we have beaten Samoa, Namibia, Fiji and Ireland, now truth be told we should beat the first 3 and the Ireland game was a 50/50, so we are not world beaters and we havent beaten anyone we consider ourselves inferiour too which is the big step.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Wed 12 Oct 2011, 7:06 pm

Hesrh

If you want to talk ill of the dead start a PM thread on England...much more to discuss. oh and apparently you are 'not far off' Will Greenwood....Phil De Glandville?

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Wed 12 Oct 2011, 7:08 pm

France have experience of high pressure European club games?.... Similar things were said before the Ireland game you know.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Wed 12 Oct 2011, 7:08 pm

We have done what's needed we are in the semi final and if we play with the same intensity then we have a very good chance of reaching the final.

France have not had a difficult road to the semi but on the way there they lost twice. Yes respect France but we have no need to fear them on our current form.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed 12 Oct 2011, 7:17 pm

Cymroglan wrote:We have done what's needed we are in the semi final and if we play with the same intensity then we have a very good chance of reaching the final.

France have not had a difficult road to the semi but on the way there they lost twice. Yes respect France but we have no need to fear them on our current form.

France cant possibly play as badly as they did against Tonga again, and they didn't really have to do too much to beat England, their due a big performance at some point. It will be an interesting game!
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by walesworldcup Wed 12 Oct 2011, 7:19 pm

HERSH was the biggest gimp on 606 along with Cyril and Nottins who I still believe were all the same person.

Anti Welsh and very jealous.

WALES ARE AMAZING.

walesworldcup

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Wed 12 Oct 2011, 7:26 pm

Why are they due a good game ? and why have they not produced it before now this is the world cup every side should be trying to play their A game at all times if it only to justify selection for the next match.
This what French side turns up has all to do with confidence just like Wales they play well when they play with confidence but are rubbish when their heads go down.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Wed 12 Oct 2011, 7:26 pm

To be honest I would be disappointed if we didnt go and win the whole chebang.I havent seen a side that has played better than us thus far.The boys have exceded my pre-tournament expectations but after the SA game it was clear that this squad were focussed and professional.We are proud of them and they should be proud of themselves.We have over-achieved if you look at world rankings at the start of the tounament.Superb effort which is only highlighted by our neihbours over the bridge.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Oct 2011, 7:31 pm

Hersh and Alyn Davies never in the same place at the same time,

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed 12 Oct 2011, 7:38 pm

Cymroglan wrote:Why are they due a good game ? and why have they not produced it before now this is the world cup every side should be trying to play their A game at all times if it only to justify selection for the next match.
This what French side turns up has all to do with confidence just like Wales they play well when they play with confidence but are rubbish when their heads go down.
France are similar to Wales in one respect they are always capable of catching fire at any moment when you least expect it and turning a game on it's head. I havent seen France do this yet, that is what worries me.

I just Wales is starting to get over confident and all the talk is about us, that is when France are at their most dangerous and Wales at their weakest. We needed to beat France by so many points this year in the 6 Nations and convinced ourselves we were going to do it, only to get battered, not to mention that game in Paris as favorites a few years ago, and expecting a win only to come unstuck, France raised their game and beat us in the contact area.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 12 Oct 2011, 7:47 pm

If i was a Welsh fan and Wales lost this week end i would be totaly gutted.

I honestly did not think that Wales would get this far, but now they have i would be heart broken if they did lose this week end.

It will be a cracker of a game.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by stlowe Wed 12 Oct 2011, 7:51 pm

It's pretty obvious this is not the original HERSH, can't believe so many people are being suckered in.

stlowe

Back to top Go down

Post by Oxford Welsh Wed 12 Oct 2011, 8:10 pm

stlowe wrote:It's pretty obvious this is not the original HERSH, can't believe so many people are being suckered in.

Your so right. İve Said this for ages !!! İts a different Style of writing and is obviously not Hersh from 606v1.
İf it is you HERSH Tell us what team you üsed to plây for ??? You çant can you ???

Oxford Welsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Wed 12 Oct 2011, 8:13 pm

The best way to deal with wum articles is turn them into normal rugby orientated debate.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Oct 2011, 8:17 pm

Very true Cymroglan,
i tell you what guys i can't wait till Saturday so proud of the lads,as far as Welsh rugby is concerned what ever results come now can only be made into a positive for the future,
such a young squad reaching the top four is plenty to rejoice about.

Come on Wales win or lose just play your best so you have no regrets,everyone back home is buzzing and proud of you thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed 12 Oct 2011, 8:25 pm

viewtothegym wrote:Hersh and Alyn Davies never in the same place at the same time,
Eh? Headscratch
Just because I'm not being overly arrogant and am not blindly convinced Wales are unbeatable you think I'm an Englishman in disguise? Erm
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 12 Oct 2011, 8:28 pm

AlynDavies wrote:
viewtothegym wrote:Hersh and Alyn Davies never in the same place at the same time,
Eh? Headscratch
Just because I'm not being overly arrogant and am not blindly convinced Wales are unbeatable you think I'm an Englishman in disguise? Erm
A lot of people do...! He is not the first person to suggest it... and certainly not for the reasons you state...

They are just insulting to real Welshman...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next