The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welsh RWC Post Mortem

+34
scoi
kultschar
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Biltong
Taylorman
21st Century Schizoid Man
Rollmeister
wonder_man
sirBiggles
Oxford Welsh
stlowe
majesticimperialman
Taffineastbourne
walesworldcup
Looseheaded
Gatts
Shifty
hawalsh
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
finbarthedog
maestegmafia
ME-109
Islingtonv2
Boyne
offload
Welshmushroom
munkian
dogtooth
Comfort
bedfordwelsh
Hirwaun7
Cymroglan
mckay1402
HERSH
38 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Welsh RWC Post Mortem - Page 2 Empty Welsh RWC Post Mortem

Post by HERSH Wed 12 Oct 2011, 1:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just another wum I hear you cry, well its not!

Ok maybe a bit early but what if Wales lose this weekend?

Will it be regarded as a successful world cup because you got further than England or will it be regarded as a failure, because to me Wales look to be in good shape and start the game as favourites against France, or will it be looked on as a positive thing and a solid platform for the next four years where by Wales will be playing their games at the MS, so in theory its a home RWC for them too.

As Wales are favourites how will they coup under the pressure of a semi, France have been there before and their players have played in high pressure euro games the majority of the Welsh lads haven't, this may well be an advantage or it may not.

So if they lose this weekend how would the Welsh fans feel?

606v2 it’s over to you.

HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Welsh RWC Post Mortem - Page 2 Empty Re: Welsh RWC Post Mortem

Post by Shifty Wed 12 Oct 2011, 8:36 pm

maestegmafia wrote:A lot of people do...! He is not the first person to suggest it... and certainly not for the reasons you state...

They are just insulting to real Welshman...

Well if you think I'm posting on two accounts then why not ask Kiwi to check our IP addresses and see if they match or something, but I go on this forum, Scum V and the Ospreys forum and post under this name, which is also my name, lol.

Just because I am cautious about Wales chances and some what pessimistic having been a Welsh rugby fan for 32 years, doesn't mean I'm an impostor, lol.
Or even if you doubt I'm a real person feel free to come to the Liberty Stadium at the next Ospreys game and see me I will be sat in the East stand, row F, Seat 131! Hug
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Oct 2011, 8:37 pm

Alyn you bleed the blood of the house of the Red Rose you stink of Twickers and musty old Hunting Blazers.

Anyways why on the subject of blazers what the hell happened to Englands return at Heathrow?
Is flip flops shorts and a cotton t-shirt now the attire of a National squad returning from tour?

Back to top Go down

Post by sirBiggles Wed 12 Oct 2011, 8:46 pm

HERSH wrote:

how will they coup under the pressure of a semi

Hersh how do you cope under the pressure of a semi .... assuming a Very Impotent Person like you gets a semi now and again.... Whistle

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed 12 Oct 2011, 8:48 pm

viewtothegym wrote:Alyn you bleed the blood of the house of the Red Rose you stink of Twickers and musty old Hunting Blazers.
Oh well if you think being cautious about Wales chances because we have lost to South Africa, beaten Samoa, Fiji, Namibia and Ireland and now play a France side who tend to catch fire at some point during a World Cup then there is nothing I can do.

I just can't see how anyone can take France losing to Wales is a given, they have beaten us 9 times out of the last 11, and for that fact alone I am concerned.
For every Grand slam there is normally a disaster the next season, Wales haven't been consistently dominant in my life time and we always seem to have a belief that this next crop of promising young players are different from the rest, and wont fall into the same trap, the 1987 side fell apart, the 1994 side fell apart, the Kevin Bowrings young guns team of 1996 sunk without trace, Henrys heroes blew it, and Hansens team imploded, It's what we do in Wales.
Welsh rugby is a roller coaster, it is never boring or consistent!

I am glad Wales are playing so well, but I think we are at our peak now and cannot play any better. I hope I'm proven wrong, but as a Welshman I am happy with what they have achieved and am very proud of them.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 12 Oct 2011, 8:50 pm

AlynDavies wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:A lot of people do...! He is not the first person to suggest it... and certainly not for the reasons you state...

They are just insulting to real Welshman...

Well if you think I'm posting on two accounts then why not ask Kiwi to check our IP addresses and see if they match or something, but I go on this forum, Scum V and the Ospreys forum and post under this name, which is also my name, lol.

Just because I am cautious about Wales chances and some what pessimistic having been a Welsh rugby fan for 32 years, doesn't mean I'm an impostor, lol.
Or even if you doubt I'm a real person feel free to come to the Liberty Stadium at the next Ospreys game and see me I will be sat in the East stand, row F, Seat 131! Hug
Noted

Will come and say hello on the 5th when we welcome the scarlets

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 12 Oct 2011, 8:52 pm

AlynDavies wrote:
viewtothegym wrote:Alyn you bleed the blood of the house of the Red Rose you stink of Twickers and musty old Hunting Blazers.
Oh well if you think being cautious about Wales chances because we have lost to South Africa, beaten Samoa, Fiji, Namibia and Ireland and now play a France side who tend to catch fire at some point during a World Cup then there is nothing I can do.

Its more that you are too often degrading about them, and return the insults/ digs on welsh fans to come across as someone who actually is Welsh.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed 12 Oct 2011, 8:53 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Noted
Will come and say hello on the 5th when we welcome the scarlets
Great, hopefully a few more people will come to, maybe we could all meet up in Harvester outside the ground for a beer Hug
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed 12 Oct 2011, 8:59 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Its more that you are too often degrading about them, and return the insults/ digs on welsh fans to come across as someone who actually is Welsh.

I'd love you to post some examples of me being "degrading" and "returning the the insults/ digs on welsh fans", please feel free to check my posts and give me some proof of this. I try to structure my arguments sensibly and use facts to back up my posts.

Please read my posts again and check what I post.
You and several other posters are basically making accusations about me, so at least give proper examples of what you think I'm doing wrong...
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by wonder_man Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:12 pm

Will the MS be used in the next WC? I know its the best rugby stadium in Britain but i thought it was only england hosting??

wonder_man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollmeister Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:11 pm

wonder_man wrote:Will the MS be used in the next WC? I know its the best rugby stadium in Britain but i thought it was only england hosting??

Apparently it will
Rollmeister
Rollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:33 pm

Bloody hell guys. Get real. You are so in the pocket of England no wonder you get tetchy about things. Use your bloody votes like we did to self determination ! Braveheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 12 Oct 2011, 11:54 pm

HERSH wrote:The Regions finances aren't how much longer can they go on as it is.

As for England it was just a blip but it will act as a huge kick up their backsides and We will win the 2015 RWC

Erm ...... Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh laughing laughing

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 13 Oct 2011, 12:04 am

Hersh, that blip you are talking about is more of an eight year long

bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep, blip, bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 13 Oct 2011, 12:14 am

Taylorman wrote:
HERSH wrote:The Regions finances aren't how much longer can they go on as it is.

As for England it was just a blip but it will act as a huge kick up their backsides and We will win the 2015 RWC

Erm ......

I think the WRU is doing great...!

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/rugby-news/2011/10/05/wru-announces-pre-tax-profit-of-26-2million-55578-29539885/

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Thu 13 Oct 2011, 9:30 am

Taylorman, biltongbek and maestegmafia don't you guys go to bed, some might say its unhealthy for you to be on your PC day and night but I guess its just the sort of people you are. Laugh Whistle

I can't believe some of you are questioning that its really me, of course it is just ask HongKongCherry, there are many reasons as to why my writing style has changed, I'm a little wiser and a little older and I've read some books whilst studying for my history degree, GowerShowerPower knows all about that! Plus I'm feeling the love here on 606v2, the site isn't as angry as the old 606, but saying that the RWC seems to have brought out the worst in some posters, you know who you are.

If any of the Welsh posters want a Fat Lady I can give you a phone number as I think she be waiting a while to sing at Bath.

by the way Big Phil Vickery’s retired!

Last edited by HERSH on Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:14 am

HERSH wrote:by the way Big Phil Vickery’s retired!

Laugh

havent seen one of those in a while.

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:56 am

HERSH wrote: the RWC seems to have brought out the worst in some posters, you know who you are.

yes, its you
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:08 am

When have I been rude or offensive to a poster, I think outside the box and my views are just that, my views, but this is a discussion board if everyone agrees with one another what’s the point?
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 13 Oct 2011, 1:35 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
AlynDavies wrote:

Its more that you are too often degrading about them, and return the insults/ digs on welsh fans to come across as someone who actually is Welsh.

Surely me youre thinking of there?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by kultschar Thu 13 Oct 2011, 2:27 pm

Jealousy is what this thread is all about!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Ozzy3213 on Thu 13 Oct 2011, 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited to remove personal abuse - PM sent to poster.)

kultschar

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Thu 13 Oct 2011, 2:49 pm

Who took the jam out of your douhgnut, what has this got to do with jealousy?

Its about what Welsh fans will be happy with at this point.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by kultschar Thu 13 Oct 2011, 2:51 pm

Whatever pal

Post Mortem? We are still in the competition - blatant jealousy from a WUM!!

kultschar

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 2:51 pm

HERSH wrote:Who took the jam out of your douhgnut, what has this got to do with jealousy?

Its about what Welsh fans will be happy with at this point.

Actually althought I have had run ins with HERSH in the past I think the question he asks here is valid. Before the world cup we'd have been very happy with a semi final but now we have one do we expect more? Personally I do and I think it's a legitimate question to ask
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Thu 13 Oct 2011, 2:57 pm

kiss heart
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by scoi Thu 13 Oct 2011, 3:22 pm

Post Mortem will be swift however the next few weeks pans out.

Going into the WC we were seeded and expected to be a losing quarter finalist (assumed to be against Australia) with a worry about getting out of a tough group.

The team has performed more consistantly and professionally than anyone would have imagined and with limited impact from retiring players, Williams and Jones already have replacements ready to take over, it can only get better over the next few years.

Worst case is we crumble under the pressure of a semi final and lose an almost worthless 3rd place play off. Post mortem goes down to lack of experience.

The team has exceded expectations, all around the park we have young players playing to a top standard and competition in the squad. Next step is blooding another few players to replace the retirees.

Every team can improve but the performances has shown theres not much wrong with the first team but very concerned with the back-ups in some areas. Quality replacements is the next step, we seem to be lacking quality cover at tight head, 7, and back 3. Lineout is now adequate but top sides shouldn't be happy with 90%.

Would be great if the A side came back and competed in the Churchill cup. We have so many players that could possibly make it, just need to give them the experience of playing at the next level up.

scoi

Back to top Go down

Post by gavstar Thu 13 Oct 2011, 5:16 pm

If Wales lose to France, the manner in which we lose will be the most important thing.

The replacement for Gatland , if he is indeed going, has an excellent base to build on, but some decisions to make as to who will be good enough to stay until the next rwc.

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 5:22 pm

This should be called Pre-Mortem, the laws of science and logic object that a Post-Mortem can only be carried out after the conclusion of life/tournament hopes which hasn't yet been the case.

If we lose I'll be delighted, duh Whistle

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Thu 13 Oct 2011, 6:54 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:This should be called Pre-Mortem, the laws of science and logic object that a Post-Mortem can only be carried out after the conclusion of life/tournament hopes which hasn't yet been the case.

If we lose I'll be delighted, duh Whistle

ante mortem actually Very Happy

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Tryin Thu 13 Oct 2011, 7:25 pm

........ Whistle wiiiiiiITH Sam our captain, we'll take the cup home!!

Dai Tryin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Thu 13 Oct 2011, 9:46 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
AlynDavies wrote:

I agree, either you or Gatts, lol. Whistle
I always considered myself pretty cautious and friendly, the only thing I normally take a swipe at are gypsies, lol.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Fri 14 Oct 2011, 2:56 am

AlynDavies wrote:
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
AlynDavies wrote:

I agree, either you or Gatts, lol. Whistle
I always considered myself pretty cautious and friendly, the only thing I normally take a swipe at are gypsies, lol.

Can't remember what i did but i hope it was with bells on and balls out Very Happy

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehrts is god Fri 14 Oct 2011, 3:20 am

Anyways why on the subject of blazers what the hell happened to Englands return at Heathrow?
Is flip flops shorts and a cotton t-shirt now the attire of a National squad returning from tour?

Well they also wore black shirts,it's the closest thing they will ever get to resemble the mighty AB's raspberry

Mehrts is god

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2