The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you welcome Hogan back in WWE?

+11
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Kay Fabe
TwisT
Mr H
sodhat
MtotheC
talkingpoint
Crimey
VoiceOfTheVoiceless
The Awesome Giz
Brady12
15 posters

Go down

Would you welcome Hogan back in WWE? Empty Would you welcome Hogan back in WWE?

Post by Brady12 Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:36 am

Despite resigning with TNA Hulk Hogan has started openly flirting with the idea of eventually returning to the WWE. When asked what was missing in TNA during a recent a interview The Hulkster said 'The creative genius of Vince McMahon!'

So would you eventually like Hogan back in the compnay he help put on the map & if so in what capacity?

Surely they couldn't squeeze another Wrestlemania match out of the aging legend?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Would you welcome Hogan back in WWE? Empty Re: Would you welcome Hogan back in WWE?

Post by The Awesome Giz Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:55 am

I wouldn't the mans an over the hill moron, who is trying to protect his legacy and make some cash for his selfish egotistical meens. Who still thinks people want him on tv, the deluded muppet.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Would you welcome Hogan back in WWE? Empty Re: Would you welcome Hogan back in WWE?

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:59 am

His last WWE run was hard enough to watch.

He's just another one of those guys who never knew how to let go.... Should of retired after Wrestlemania X8.

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:13 am

I'm sure if he's got any drawing power left though Vince will try & squeeze every last buck out of Hulkamania....

I'm favouring his run ending in WWE rather than TNA

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:33 pm

I think the positive of Hogan in WWE is that he wouldn't be in as good as a position to start pushing people around and controlling things as he is in TNA.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:15 pm

No I don't want Hogan back in the WWE - his SummerSlam match with HBK was a joke and I think he will be just as hard to work with. Hogan hasn't used his influence within the business as best as he could have with TNA. He's not as relevant anymore as he thinks he is, but also that's partly his own fault - he comes across as arrogant, egotistical and delusional. Besides the guy can hardly walk now, any in ring action would be ridiculous and would have no credibility.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:15 pm

I wouldn't say that hogan has completely nothing left to offer wwe or even tna as his ability to draw will make them money, however in ring he is done, he can barley walk nevermind wrestle! IMO hogan shouldn't be anywhere near a match. Maybe he does have something to offer in terms of promotion but if either company wants to be cutting edge or relevant having hogan standing in the middle of the ring with a mic shouting the same old tired cliches telling us how he sold out msg and slammed giants 'brother' is going to do more harm than good!

There maybe a place for hulk in todays big wrestling companies but that place shouldn't be on the mic or on the ring.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:23 pm

I would welcome him back for one more match at least. Not for the quality, obviously, but whatever you think of the man, he has given a lot to wrestling and the WWE in particular and I think it would be fitting for him to retire at WM in the WWE.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:31 pm

I just cant see how it would work Brady. It would be nothing but a nostalgia fest and Hogan would be a cheap parody of his once great self which would be uncomfortable to watch.

However, if my memory serves me right, Hogan's last appearance in the WWE was saving Hornswoggle from The Great Khali on an episode of Raw. Surely he deserves a better send off than that?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:23 pm

I just think he deserves one last WWE moment.... Doesn't have to be a match & I think it would be a fitting end to his career.

Call me crazy but I've Sky Plus Bound for Glory mainly out of curiousity for the Hogan Sting match

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:30 pm

Brady12 wrote:I just think he deserves one last WWE moment.... Doesn't have to be a match & I think it would be a fitting end to his career.

Call me crazy but I've Sky Plus Bound for Glory mainly out of curiousity for the Hogan Sting match

Along the same lines of driving along the motorway, and gawping at a massive pile up. You just got to know what will happen even if it makes you cower behind the sofa.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:55 pm

I'd use Hogan again but not in a Wrestling capacity, I'd use him as a special guest commentator for massive matches at major PPV's

I wouldn't have him do the full show, just the main event, it would help sell how important the match is to have such a massive name give his analysis on it during live play

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:09 pm

He didn't resign, i think he'll stay with TNA

Back to top Go down

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:39 pm

If there going to bring him back it would have to be a Tag Team match to give him limited ring time. The way i'd build it is.....

Its starts off with an American Patriotic type character (maybe give Alex Riley this role possibly as it could move him up the ladder career wise)
who is targeted by an 'anti-american' movement that beat him up and interfere week after week constantly and rant about america and drape him in there countries flag everytime they beat him down.

Then around March time he comes out and says he wants to take them out once and for all not just for himself but for the whole of the USA but says he can't do it on his own and has found a man who will help him, a 'real american' and says that the man who will be in his partner at mania is Hulk Hogan...fans go wild...music hits.... but then Riley walks off and the show ends...

Then for the next month leading up to mania Hogan doesn't appear on television instead they just have highlights packages of his career playing in programmes and fake newspaper and news reporters saying that this will be his last ever match. Riley continues to get beat on but now everytime he does hogans music hits and the anti americans cower out of the ring but still he never shows.....saving his one appearence until mania.

Then in the match at Mania you have a big build up video teasers all night matt striker running around the arena trying to catch a word with hogan but getting nowhere then the match comes the anti americans are in the ring then alex riley comes out on his own stand at the end of the ramp. a video montage starts with the main highlights of his career then after thats finished the arena goes pitch black....red and yellow spotlights start circling the arena to the slow build up version of 'real american' then the usual version kicks in hogan comes out waving the american flag etc.

Then the match goes on Riley is in the ring for the majority of the match getting beat on then after about 10/15 mins he finally makes the tag to hogan he comes in starts taking them all out until they finally over power him then he starts to 'hulk up' and ends up hitting the leg drop and gets the 3 he then celebrates as he does and makes a speech thanking all the hulkamaniacs and says 'hulkamania will live forever' and then leaves...

Apologies for the long write up I just had an idea in my head and it just kept going.

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:44 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I'd use Hogan again but not in a Wrestling capacity, I'd use him as a special guest commentator for massive matches at major PPV's

I wouldn't have him do the full show, just the main event, it would help sell how important the match is to have such a massive name give his analysis on it during live play

This is one of the best ideas I've read for some time. I'd totally buy into that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:04 am

Electric Demon wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:I'd use Hogan again but not in a Wrestling capacity, I'd use him as a special guest commentator for massive matches at major PPV's

This is one of the best ideas I've read for some time. I'd totally buy into that.

Whilst it's a nice idea I see plenty of issues....

Surely Hogans ego would take playing such a minor role?
Hogan would command a huge salary I suspect one that couldn't be justified by a part time announcer
I think Vince would want to give him more exposure having such a marquee name back in fold

I like this idea a lot though probably better suited to Bret Hart or HBK

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:07 am

I'd actually prefer to hear Hogan's input than Hart's and to a lesser extent Michaels'.

Bret Hart would be boring.

I agree on the inevitable issues of salary and ego though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:44 am

When I wrote it I didn't look at it as a one time deal, I'd expect Hogan to sign a legends contract, one more lucrative than the non compete $500,000 per year deal Flair turned down in 2009, I'd expect Hogan could do a great deal for WWE but I'd simply limit any onscreen role

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:56 am

Im a self confessed Hogan mark, i know he is a bell end I know he holds people down I know he cant wrassle anymore and I still tune in to Tna each week to see whats he is doing....however bad it may be..

I have no doubt if Vince thought there was money in it he would bring Hogan back in a flash, I hope that dosnt happen I hope Hogan sees out the rest of his career in Tna....Brother

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:01 am

I'd love to see a WWE rivalries with Mean Gene hosting Hogan and Warrior, that would be freaking awesome

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:03 am

Quick question......he has been inducted to the wwe hall of fame yes?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:05 am

yes sure has brother.....dude....brother

Lex-Express

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:06 am

I dont think his ego would let him, but I'd love to see Hogan in a managerial role. Having a guy with the power of Hogan behind the likes of Alex Riley or Swagger would be brilliant for them.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:07 am

Manager of Zack Ryder?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:08 am

Horace Hogan?

Lex-Express

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:10 am

xTwisTx wrote:Quick question......he has been inducted to the wwe hall of fame yes?
You obviously missed the whole 'Ring of Power' storyline with Abyss when he went to TNA

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:24 am

Abyss was totally the wrong person for that role he has and all ways will be a 'monster heel' and trying to turn him face was a car crash. I would have liked to see matt Morgan in that role someone who could really bounce of hogan and get the desired rub that being associated with hulk should deliver.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:40 am

I'm sorry Gaf but Hogan would never accept a role as minor as occasional commentator. There's more chance of Katie Price accepting a job on the checkout at Tesco. It would be great for adding value to the title but nothing for Hogans own stock, if you've followed even 1 minute of Hogan's career you'd realise he ain't interested in anything but Hulk Hogan

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:52 am

I disagree, I wouldn't look at him as a commentator, he'd be a special guest who is only required to give 'expert analysis', at the very biggest events

Hogan wasn't on TV for long time as far as wrestling is concerned, he simply had no desire to do it fulltime again, he only took on TNA because he needed the money, if the legends contract was more worth while than TNA's his finances would dictate he'd take it, plus that ego yougo on about would tell him it's his only chance of ever being involved in a WrestleMania main event again

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:28 pm

I'm begining to think your a bird gaffer you seem incapable of admitting your wrong

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:30 pm

How can you say I'm wrong when the whole damn things hypothetical? Doh

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:00 pm

Ok, a female horse with blinkers on.....

Hypothetical or not it's possible to point something out that you may of not considered that makes the statement less credible whether it's hyothetical or not.

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:44 pm

To be fair i'm inclined to agree with Brady on this one Gaff.

If the WWE needed Hogan to be a 'Guest Commentator' to give a WWE Title bout a big match feel, then they are doing something wrong. They shouldnt need anyone to do that, a WWE Title should have a big match feel on its own merit without needing a guy who is 15yrs past his prime to commentate on it.

Besides, Hogan would never agree to play second fiddle to a WWE title match without either getting involved or stealing the limelight.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:11 am

I'd didn't say they'd need Hogan to commentate to put the title over

Example - The WWE are going to Unify the Two World Titles at WrestleMania XXX, you have massive build up, for weeks leading up you have past Champions giving their views and what each belt meant to them, the stage is set, everyone knows its a huge deal, before the Wrestlers are announed we cut to the Play by Play and Colour Commentator and they introduce a guy who knows best... a guy who'll know how these guys are feeling and a guy who knows what it'll take to win...Hulk Hogan - we'd be told he is here because he's the best option possible to give his expert analysis on 'the biggest match in WWE history'

I'd liken it to Lennox Lewis giving his expert analysis when David Haye fought Klitchko for the World Title, having Lewis there (who doesn't do that normally) made it feel like the biggest match in years, they didn't need Lewis, they used him to add to the occassion though, same rule applies

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:26 am

I wouldn't bring Hulk Hogan back simply because it wouldn't be long before he was made a focal point on TV or else started demanding he be made a focal point on TV.

It'd be great if they could use him as a spokesman of some sort for the company but Hogan's ego wouldn't allow him to simply go touring around the world doing meet & greets and such like.

I like Gaffer's idea of bringing in a legend to provide analysis on big matches, but I don't think Hogan's the guy to do it. Steve Austin would be a better choice for that gig in my opinion.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:54 am

I'd love Austin to do it too but when he still looks in such great shape I'd worry the fans would end up being more hopeful of a Stunner than the match

It's something I'd do though, use big ttime legends for big time moments

Austin at MitB would have been unbelievably epic

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:14 pm

The idea is a good one Gaf but unfortunately Hogan isn't the right guy for it....

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:43 pm

Well fortunately I think he is for a particular scenario

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:45 am

Yeah just not this one

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:05 am

Your opinion, whch fortunately isn't mine

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:35 am

Well I suppose the world would be boring if we all thought the same

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:14 am

Exactly

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:56 pm

Forgot about this thread.

Hogan would definately be the wrong choice for that kind of role for me. I'd pick Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart and Steve Austin ahead of him.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:03 am

Bret and Shawn where far superior workers to Hogan, no doubts about it but neither of them could touch Hogan for his aura and presence, that would be the deciding factor for me.

Austin would be a top choice although maybe people would be expecting him to get involved which is something I'd try to avoid at all costs

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:14 am

I just feel that Hart, Michaels and Austin have been involved in a wider range of 'bigger' matches than Hogan so would be more justified to comment on a marquee match. I'd prefer to listen to opinions from these guys than to hear Hogan say 'brother' and 'dude' at the end of every sentence.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:17 am

I would only welcome him back if he used a Mobility Scooter to get out to the ring side area.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:53 am

Mr H wrote:I just feel that Hart, Michaels and Austin have been involved in a wider range of 'bigger' matches than Hogan so would be more justified to comment on a marquee match. I'd prefer to listen to opinions from these guys than to hear Hogan say 'brother' and 'dude' at the end of every sentence.
I agree with you to an extent, but it's not a role I'd give him regularly, his views wouldn't even be that important, it would be the impression that the match is so huge that it's worthy of his views that would be the selling point, I'd only use him once every blue moon when the match is so huge that it demands someone as huge as Hogan give his views on it.

The fact he hasn't been around WWE for years is also a major factor, Shawn and Bret are to familiar to the current WWE product for it to really feel special to see them

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:25 am

Although I don't think Hogan is right for it, at the big four pay-per-view main events this idea has some legs....

Looking at past champions Hart & Michaels stick out like soar thumbs for the role.

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down