The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Read - Top 50 OMG Moments!!!

+6
Adam D
Mr H
Jammy31
JCmag82
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
VDT
10 posters

Go down

Good Read - Top 50 OMG Moments!!! Empty Good Read - Top 50 OMG Moments!!!

Post by VDT Fri 14 Oct 2011, 12:04 pm

50: Seeing Double-2/5/88
This is the moment when Andre the Giant won the WWF Championship from Hulk Hogan, ending Hogan’s record 4-year reign as champion. This saw referee Dave Hebner switch with his twin brother Earl, who was supposedly paid off by Ted DiBiase, who was then awarded the championship by Andre. This led to the belt being vacated by then president Jack Tunney, the first time the belt had been vacated in the history of the company.

Overall, this was indeed a shocker for the reasons described above, not to mention the fact that Hogan had finally lost the championship, something that was seemingly impossible at the time.

#49: Nexus Is Here-6/7/10
As we should all know by now, the Nexus made their debut on this night, leading to the destruction of John Cena, CM Punk and practically everyone at ringside as well as the ring and ringside area themselves. Nexus instantly became the most talked about angle in wrestling at the time, and was one of those moments that truly shocked fans as no one saw it coming.

Although the fallout from Nexus would become disappointing and ended within a year, how shocking this night was cannot be denied. It made for incredibly good television, and truly made you wonder what was going to happen next.

#48: Chokeslam To Hell-6/7/99
The Big Show was feuding with the Undertaker at the time, and they had what seemed like a pretty ordinary match on an episode of RAW. That was, until Show chokeslammed ‘Taker THROUGH the canvas.

I wasn’t as impressed with this as other people might be, mainly due to the fact that something like this had been done before when Taz and Bam Bam Bigelow did a similar spot in ECW. Personally, I thought Taz and Bigelow did it better, too.

#47: Backlot Brawl-3/31/96
The infamous “Hollywood Backlot Brawl” from Wrestlemania XII. Roddy Piper and Goldust did exactly what the name implied and fought in the backlot of a Hollywood set. This led to Piper chasing Goldust to the Arrowhead Pond in Anaheim (where ‘Mania took place), using footage from the O.J. Simpson police chase. They continued to brawl into the arena until Piper stripped Goldust of his gear, revealing women’s lingerie underneath.

Although the ending was very strange, it suited Goldust’s character and continued to push him as the most controversial man in the WWF. Considering this was early 1996, this was still very edgy for the WWF, and the first part of the brawl was rather brutal all things considering. As Punk said in this segment, this could easily be seen as a precursor to the Attitude Era.

#46: Wedding Surprise-9/7/91
In the aftermath of Randy Savage’s on-air wedding to Miss Elizabeth. As they were opening their wedding gifts, Elizabeth opened one that had a real live cobra in it, courtesy of Jake “The Snake” Roberts. The snake bit Savage in the face, and Jake himself showed up to continue to torment Elizabeth.

Always a fan of both men, this was an awesome moment. When you consider that the snake used this time (unlike when Warrior encountered one of Jake’s snakes), it made you truly believe something bad could and would happen.

#45: Cena’s Feat Of Strengh-4/5/09
In the main event of Wrestlemania 25, Cena picked both Big Show and Edge up on his shoulders for a double Attitude Adjustment.

While this was impressive, I found Beth Phoenix doing this on a regular basis on the independent circuit more impressive overall. Nevertheless, it made for a good visual.

#44: Concrete Crypt-6/27/04
From the Great American Bash, Undertaker took on the Dudley Boyz in a handicap match, with the stipulation that Paul Bearer would be buried alive in concrete if ‘Taker did not lose. ‘Taker ended up winning the match, and instead buried Bearer in the concrete himself.

Meh. This whole angle was really stupid and pointless. The ending made no sense. From what I understand, Bearer needed legitimate medical attention after this, he could have potentially suffocated.

#43: DX Invades WCW-4/27/99
The Triple H-led D-Generation X proceeded to invade a WCW Monday Nitro event using a military jeep in Norfolk, VA. This was one of many events during the infamous “Monday Night Wars” during the late 90s/early 00s. Nothing like this had ever been done before on a mainstream wrestling show.
This was a great time to be a wrestling fan, as stuff like this happened on a weekly basis. D-Generation X were one of the hottest acts in wrestling, and with help of them and others such as Stone Cold Steve Austin and Mick Foley, the WWF had taken the lead in the war, eventually leading to WCW’s demise.

#42: Dumpster Stage Dive-2/2/98
The New-Age Outlaws were feuding with Cactus Jack and Chainsaw Charlie. Charlie and Jack decided to have a match against each other, playing off the angle that both men were nuts and just wanted to fight for no reason other than to fight. Jack threw Charlie into a dumpster and dropped an elbow into a dumpster from the Titan Tron. A few moments later, Billy Gunn and the Road Dogg closed the dumpster and shoved it off the side of the stage.

This was pre-DX days for the Outlaws, yet they were still the hottest tag team in wrestling at the time. At the time, as a fan, I totally marked out and was scared for Jack and Charlie. I fortunately found out later that the dumpster was heavily padded and that both men were mostly okay, but at the time, it was definitely a “Holy sh*t” moment for me.

#41: Grocery Store Attack-12/13/01
Booker T was in a grocery store shopping, and as it turned out, Steve Austin was also in the store, looking for him. Book accidentally attacked some random guy who looked like Austin, but Austin was actually behind him. These two brawled all over the place, completely destroying the store (which, I remember was called the Green Frog).

This moment was funny as hell, and it still stands up to this day. Austin, at one point, grabbed a bottle of mustard and asked Booker “Pardon me, sir. Do you have any Grey Poupon?”, which caused me to legitimately laugh out loud. Austin and Booker were at their best at this time, and Austin especially was hysterical during the entire brawl. You don’t see wrestling comedy like this anymore. I would have ranked this much higher because it’s a personal favorite, but that’s me.

#40: Triple H Meets Escalator-2/8/97
Back in the day, WWF had a show called “Shotgun Saturday Night”, which in its early days took place at various night spots around New York. Undertaker wrestled Hunter Hearst-Helmsley in the main event, taking place at Penn Station. The match ended in a no contest as they brawled all over the place. The end of the brawl saw ‘Taker Tombstone Helmsley atop an escalator.

Not the most hardcore thing I’ve ever seen, but it still looked pretty cool, and it had never been done before (or since, to the best of my knowledge). CM Punk makes a funny comment here about being worried that Triple H’s long hair would get caught in the escalator.

#39: Tim White Tries To End It All
Referee Tim White was forced to retire after accidentally suffering an injury in a Hell in a Cell Match, courtesy of Chris Jericho. This resulted in a series of segments on WWE.com of Tim White constantly trying to kill himself in various ways.

This was an incredibly stupid angle, covered extensively by our friends at Wrestlecrap.com. Once again, CM Punk says it best in calling this stupid and asking why it’s even on here. He also makes the very astute observation of, “It was on the internet. No one watches that!”

#38: Bischoff-New RAW GM-7/15/02
Pretty self-explanatory. Eric Bischoff surprised everyone and signed a contract with WWE, becoming the new on-screen General Manager of RAW.

While this moment was definitely shocking, it was done completely wrong. Instead of it being an angle where Bischoff and Vince feuded, which could have been good and made a lot of money, was ended in a second when they hugged each other on stage. Jim Ross makes a great comment here-“It was like Satan reunited with his little brother, outside the city limits of Hell.”

#37: Orton Thumbtacks-4/18/04
At the 2004 edition of Backlash, Intercontinental Champion Randy Orton defended his title against Cactus Jack in a hardcore match. This was Orton’s first time in a WWE hardcore match, and despite being seen by many as a pretty boy, he and Cactus took it to each other like no one’s business, even taking thumbtacks to the back off a failed RKO attempt.

This match was damn good, and solidified Orton as a top-tier player in the WWE at the time. This also continued his run as the “Legend Killer”, as he retained the belt cleanly against Jack.

#36: Unholy Wedding-4/26/99
Undertaker had just kidnapped Stephanie McMahon, and was planning to wed her in the middle of the ring against her will. She was saved by the least likely of heroes and Vince McMahon‘s worst enemy, Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Once again, this was an angle that might have ended in something special (key word: MIGHT), until Undertaker’s “higher power” turned out to be Vince McMahon himself, which made the entire angle totally nonsensical when looking back on it.

#35: Mad Dog Vachon Loses Leg-4/28/96
At In Your House: Good Friends, Better Enemies, Shawn Michaels defended the WWF Championship against Diesel in what would be Diesel’s last televised match with the company. In the middle of the match, Diesel went to ringside, where Hall of Famer Mad Dog Vachon was sitting in the front row. Vachon was attacked by Diesel. As Diesel grabbed Vachon’s leg, Diesel pulled away, revealing Vachon had a prosthetic leg. He then used the leg as a weapon.
While I don’t think this one really belongs on the list, I think the reason it was placed here was due to the fact that it seems that most people (including me) didn’t realize at the time that Vachon had a prosthetic leg.

#34: Haiti Kid Gets Haircut-3/7/86
Prior to Wrestlemania 2, Roddy Piper did a Piper’s Pit segment with midget wrestler Haiti Kid, a supposed friend of Piper’s WM 2 opponent, Mr. T. Piper, along with cohort Bob Orton, held Kid up and proceeded to cut Kid’s hair into a Mohawk similar to Mr. T’s.

Back in the day, any time a midget wrestler got attacked by a regular wrestler, it was considered shocking, so it makes sense that this is on here. Even today, the commentators make a big deal if a midget wrestler gets attacked. Considered one of the ultimate heel moves, and there wasn’t too many bigger heels in the world at the time than Piper.

#33: Hospital Visiting Hours-10/5/98
Vince McMahon had just had his leg broken by the Undertaker on an episode of RAW after ‘Taker took the ringside steps and sandwiched Vince’s leg in between them. Vince wound up in a hospital bed with a cast. Mankind decided to show up to cheer McMahon up with a friend-Yurple the Clown-as well as some gifts. Eventually, Vince throws Mankind out for annoying him. After a while, the doctor comes in. Little did he realize that the doctor in the room at the time was his arch-nemesis, Steve Austin, who proceeded to hit Vince with a bead pan, earning Vince the nickname “Bed Pan McMahon”.

Once again, we get comedic genius from Vince and Austin, and this was truly the first time that Mankind showed how hysterically funny he himself was. I can’t say enough good things about this segment, and much like the grocery store brawl, it still stands as one of my favorites.

#32: Jarrett Plays A Number With Moolah-9/9/99
At the time, Jarrett had just kicked the country music bit and was doing a gimmick where he attacked women. Mae Young and the Fabulous Moolah were sitting at ringsides as guests for this Smackdown taping. After some disparaging words from Moolah, she turned right around to a guitar shot from Jarrett, knocking her out. He then proceeded to put Young in the figure-4.

I think this was so shocking due to the fact that Young and Moolah were not only women, but were so old. However, as time would show us, they were still extremely tough and would proceed to have more moments like this over the years. Say what you will about Moolah and Young, but they were two very tough broads that never seemed to pass up the moment to take bumps.

#31: Edge Cashes in Money in the Bank 1/8/06
Edge was the first ever MITB winner, and had been holding the briefcase for 10 months. After Cena retained the WWE title in an Elimination Chamber match at New Year’s Revolution, Edge picked his spot and attacked a bloody Cena with a pair of spears, leading to his first of many title reigns.

The first ever MITB cash-in was no doubt historic. I think what made it more historic was the fact that I think most people thought that the winner could simply pick a time and place on how they wanted to cash in. I don’t think fans realized you could just pick a spot at random and do it. At least, I know I didn’t think that at the time. What made this even better was the legitimate emotion on Edge’s face when he won the belt. I’m always a sucker for that.

#30: Got Milk? 8/20/01
During the ill-fated Invasion angle, Stephanie McMahon demanded every member of the Alliance get in the ring and sing “Wind Beneath My Ring” in honor of “Austin Appreciation Night”. Kurt Angle crashes the party with a milk truck, hosing down the ring with a high-powered milk-spewing hose.

This was a parody of the previous time Austin sprayed everyone from a milk truck. And it was done blatantly, but with milk done instead because Angle was the clean-cut all-American. Definitely a funny moment. Too bad the rest of the angle failed miserably.

#29: Kiss My Ass Club
Vince McMahon was drunk with power and created the “Vince McMahon Kiss My Ass Club”, making those who crossed him literally kiss his ass in order to redeem themselves. William Regal was the first inductee.

While this got ridiculous over time, the first time was pretty damn funny, and Regal, one of my personal favorites, could not have had better comedic timing if he tried. God, Regal is underrated in every way possible.

#28: Jeff Hardy Pyro Gone Bad-1/16/09
Jeff Hardy was WWE Champion at the time, feuding with Edge. In the middle of one of his entrances when his pyro went of prematurely, burning him all over his face and upper body.

This angle led to Matt Hardy eventually turning on him, creating one of the most disappointing feuds in recent memory. While it looked good on TV, it was obvious, Hardy wasn’t really getting burned.

#27: Austin Blows Up DX Bus-4/27/00
Austin was feuding with the Corporation, which included DX at the time. DX had their own private bus that they went from show to show on. Out in the parking lot, Austin got behind the controls of a crane and proceeded to drop a beam across the top of DX’s bus, blowing it up.

While dropping a beam on a bus and blowing the bus up defies physics, it looked cool on TV. Any time Austin had anything to do with any kind of vehicle, you knew it would be a memorable moment. This was no different.

#26: Wedding In Vegas 11/29/99
Stephanie McMahon was scheduled to marry fiancé Test. As the proceedings were going on, Triple H interrupted the ceremony. He had brought footage with him, showing that, the night before, Steph had been drugged and had married Triple H against her will in a drive-thru wedding ceremony.

While this was a really stupid angle, I have to admit that seeing Triple H do a ventriloquist act for the drugged up Stephanie made me laugh. Still does. Triple H could be really funny when he wanted to be.

#25: Snitsky Punts Baby-11/8/04
Gene Snitsky had just accidentally caused Lita to have miscarriage when an errant chair shot to Kane‘s back caused him to land on her. A few weeks later, Snitsky came to the ring with what appeared to be a baby wrapped up in a blanket. Snitsky then proceeded to punt kick the baby into the crowd. Fortunately, it was simply a doll.

You could tell right away that it was nothing more than a baby doll, but it was still one of the strangest things on wrestling TV at the time. It was supposed to be really sick and disturbing, but wound up being unintentionally funny.

#24: Concrete Corvette-10/12/98
Vince McMahon showed up for RAW driving one of his classic cars, this time a white Corvette. While McMahon and Shane were in the locker room, Austin shows up at the arena with a cement truck, filling the car with cement, shattering the windows.

Again, this was an example of Austin getting behind the wheel of a vehicle, leading to yet another memorable moment. You never went wrong with these segments.

#23: Snake Bites Macho Man-11/23/91
Going back to the Roberts/Savage feud this time around. During an in-ring confrontation, Roberts tied Savage up in the rope and brought a king cobra into the ring. The cobra proceeded to latch onto Savage’s arm.

I was only 9 at the time, so this moment totally freaked me out. What made it worse was the fact that you could see the cobra actually bite down on Savage’s arm, and it did indeed draw blood. Even today, that moment is still shocking.

#22: Shane McMahon, Daredevil-8/27/00
At the 2000 edition of Summerslam, Shane defended the hardcore title against Steve Blackman. In probably the best match of Blackman’s career, they climbed up the side of the stage, leading to Black cracking Shane over the head with a kendo stick, sending him seemingly 50 feet to the floor.
This was just one of many times Shane McMahon would take an insane bump, with this one probably being the biggest. Although he was protected by an obvious crash pad, it was still very cool-looking, especially when you consider that Shane seemingly dead weighted himself during the fall.

#21: Barber Shop Window-1/11/92
On Brutus Beefcake’s Barber Shop segment, it appeared that the recently split Rockers were going to reunite. After Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty hugged, Michaels superkicked Jannetty before throwing him through the window on the Barber Shop set.

This could easily be classified as the moment that launched Shawn Michaels’ legendary career. Incredibly controversial at the time, as Marty Jannetty’s head was split wide open. Blood was a rarity at the time. As Matt Striker put it, this segment could be considered symbolic, as Michaels’ career skyrocketed while Jannetty’s was never the same.

#20: Edge Spears Jeff-4/1/01
The 3-way ladder match from Wrestlemania 16. As Jeff Hardy had the tag team titles within his grasp, Bubba Ray Dudley took the ladder from him, resulting in Jeff literally hanging from the belts. From the opposite corner of the ring, Edge spears Hardy from the middle of a ldder.

Although this spot was recreated numerous times between these two, this was the first one, and one hell of a moment. Jeff’s landing was absolutely sick. It makes me sad to see where he is now compared to then.

#19: Kane Sets JR On Fire-7/14/03
Jim Ross was doing an interview with Kane, after Kane had lost the mask. Kane proceeded to get very angry as JR told Kane he saw him as a man who needs help. Kane snapped and proceeded to throw him to the floor and set him on fire with gasoline and a match.

I find this moment to be more comical than anything. It’s obvious that it’s a stuntman that’s on the ground and that JR’s screams are piped in. Plus, you can see the stuntman has been coated in fire-retardant material.

#18: Stone Cold Stuns Mr. McMahon-9/22/97
Austin had just come back from taking the botched Tombstone from Owen Hart at Summerslam the same year. McMahon, at this point, was still just a commentator and had just now addressed the audience that he was indeed the owner of the company. After McMahon told Austin he needed to start working within the system, and that the WWF wanted Austin to stop because they were worried about Austin’s condition. Austin answered this with a Stone Cold Stunner, leading to Austin being arrested.

This was the first time McMahon had ever had anyone lay their hands on him. Not only did it give birth to the the excellent Austin/McMahon feud that took over the WWF for the next 4 years, but this was truly the birth of the “Mr. McMahon” character. A historical moment in every sense.

#17: Kurt And Shane Battle: 6/24/01
Shane McMahon had started a feud with Kurt Angle, culminating in a Street Fight at the 2001 King of the Ring. Angle practically destroyed McMahon the entire match, but Shane still managed to get a lot of shots in. After Angle rolled out of the way of a trash can-assisted Shooting Star Press, they brawled to entrance. Angle attempted to belly-to-belly Shane through a glass pane, but failed twice, leading to Shane landing on his head. They finally got through on the third try, but this led to two more attempts through another panel that failed. Finally, Angle just through Shane through the panel, breaking it. The match ended after an Angle Slam off the top rope a few moments later.

Shane showed legitimate toughness here, as he not only ended up knocked out on his feet and a concussion, but the glass completely tore his face apart. Still, he managed to get up and finish the match as planned, and thanks to Angle’s efforts, put in a damn solid performance.

#16: Jeff Swanton Off Tron-1/14/08
Jeff Hardy and Randy Orton make the list again. On an edition of RAW, Hardy back dropped a charging Orton off the stage, then proceeded to climb up the side of the Titan Tron and leaped off with a huge Swanton Bomb.

I think this might have been the highest (no pun intended) Jeff Hardy ever got with a Swanton. Again, you could see the crash pad, but it looked excellent on television.

#15: Edge Spears Foley-4/2/06
At Wrestlemania that year, Mick Foley took Edge on in a Falls-Count-Anywhere Match, and they completely tore into each other with every weapon imaginable. However, the highlight was the end of the match when Edge speared Foley through a flaming table at ringside.

Check out the full Camel Clutch Blog Pro Wrestling and MMA store for videos, t-shirts, books, and more.

While I’ve seen many flaming table spots, I think this was the first I had seen in the WWE, and in this match, Edge proved he could wrestle hardcore matches with the best of them.

#14: Stone Cold Steve Austin Zamboni-9/28/98
We get more Austin/vehicle goodness this time around. As Vince McMahon was announcing the upcoming WWF title match between Undertaker and Kane, Austin drove to the ring on, of all vehicles, a zamboni. Austin drove it all the way to ringside and jumped off the front of it onto Vince with a clothesline.

Leave it to Vince and Austin to come up with a spot like this. Seeing Austin drive a zamboni was definitely a funny site. This was also the first Austin/vehicle incident, which set the pace for years to come.

#13: Piper Hits Snuka With Coconut-7/17/84
One of the first controversial moments in WWF/E history. During a Piper’s Pit segment, Roddy Piper proceeded to lay into his rival verbally, that being Jimmy Snuka. After Snuka refused to say anything on the Piper’s Pit segment while Piper continually insulted him, Piper grabbed a coconut and cracked it over Snuka’s head.

To this day, this is one of the most memorable and repeatedly shown segments in wrestling history. Nothing like it had ever been seen before and it really set the pace for shocking moments down the road.

#12: WWE Buys WCW-3/26/01
It was announced that WCW was being sold, leading to Vince McMahon practically buying it for a song. The final episode of WCW Monday Nitro opened with Vince McMahon, live from RAW. After years of battling, Vince finally won the Monday Night War. The end of the broadcast saw Shane McMahon showing up on Nitro, telling his dad that he had in fact bought WCW.

While this was no doubt one of the most shocking moments in wrestling history, the aftermath was painful. The McMahons proceeded to take the biggest potentially money-making angle in history and snuffed out it out within a few months.

#11: Unbreakable Mae Young
This is basically a highlight video of all of the various things Mae has done over the years, including matches, as well as her taking her top off at the 2000 Royal Rumble.

Mae has probably been in enough segments to get her own DVD, and every single time, she tries to top herself. Some of the segments were good, some were bad (the Royal Rumble, in particular), but they’ve all been memorable in their own way.

#10: Big Show’s Father’s Funeral-11/11/99
It had been announced that the Big Show’s father had passed away after battling cancer. This led to the Big Boss Man antagonizing Show at every corner, going so far as to showing up at Show Sr.’s funeral and dragging the casket away in a car that looked like it was taken directly off a “Blues Brothers” set.

Another moment that wound up being more unintentionally funny than anything else. There was just no way to take this moment seriously, especially as Big Show climbed on top of the casket, trying to stop it from being dragged away. The WWE personnel here are inclined to agree with me, as we see Dolph Ziggler, Zack Ryder and Jerry Lawler all laughing about it.

#9: Montreal Screwjob-11/9/97
I don’t think I have to tell you about what this was.

I would honestly have ranked this as the top moment had I put together the DVD. This was the defining moment in regards to blurring the line between fantasy and reality, leading to Shawn winning the WWF title from Bret Hart and Bret leaving the company for rival WCW. I remember watching this live on PPV and being completely confused as to what exactly had happened. It wasn’t until the next night and several days later that I truly found out what had happened. It’s an event that was repeated many times over through the years, but it was the only time it was legitimate and truly left wrestling fans wondering what the hell they just witnessed.

#8: Big Show and Brock Lesnar Break Ring-12/12/03
At the end of a match for Brock Lesnar’s WWE title, the two men were on the top rope for a potential superplex as Lesnar cinched it in. He connected with the superplex, but upon landing, the entire ring fell apart.

This looked amazing on TV. Although you knew the ring was rigged to fall apart like that, it was done perfectly so it looked like the two guys could have legitimately broken the ring upon impact. You’re talking two guys that weight a combined 800 pounds, after all. And on a side note, man, was Lesnar a monster back then. I had forgotten how big he was.

#7: Tyson And Austin-1/19/98
The first confrontation between Steve Austin and boxing’s Mike Tyson met face-to-face on television, leading into the main event for that year’s Wrestlemania. Tyson was brought to the WWF as Vince McMahon’s guest. As soon as Vince announced Tyson’s nickname of “The Baddest Man On The Planet”, Austin took this personally and got in Tyson’s face, announcing himself as “The World’s Toughest Sonofabitch”. Tyson pushed Austin down, leading to Austin attacking Tyson’s entourage.

Austin was on an absolute tear leading into ‘Mania that year, and it seemed like he topped himself every week. This particular event made headlines around the world in every form of media you can imagine. Vince took a gamble bringing in Tyson, and it paid off in huge dividends.

#6: Mr. McMahon’s Limo Blows Up-6/11/07
This was the failed angle that saw McMahon’s limo blow up with him supposedly inside it. It was supposed to lead to a huge angle over the summer with speculation as to “Who killed Mr. McMahon?”

This angle never saw a conclusion, as it was ended the next week. A far more dark and sinister wrestling-related story had shocked the world with the Benoit family murder/suicide the weekend that came after this segment was shot. I didn’t see this one on TV, so I can’t comment too much on it. However, due to the events that surrounded it, it’s hard for me to watch it now without thinking about what later happened.

#5: Sable Handprints-7/26/98
At the 1998 Fully Loaded PPV, the fans were treated to a bikini contest between Jacqueline and Sable, who was one of the hottest stars in all of wrestling at the time. Jacqueline came out in an extremely skimpy bikini, but not to be outdone, Sable took her shirt off and revealed that she had nothing but a pair of painted hand prints covering her otherwise totally naked breasts.

I remember watching this at home. My mom and grandparents, who were watching it with me, could care less. I, however, being a typical male teenager, got very, very excited. I was as big of a Sable fan as any other teenage male out there, so this was definitely good TV in my eyes at the time.

#4: Snuka Off The Steel Cage-10/17/83
This was the notorious moment where Snuka dove off the cage onto Don Muraco after being defeated by Muraco moments before. It’s a piece of footage that has been shown many, many times over the last 3+ decades.

Although this was actually the second time that Jimmy did this (the first was a missed attempt in a cage match against Bob Backlund), this one is more famous, not only for Mick Foley being a teenager in the audience, but due to the fact that Snuka connected with the splash on this occasion.

#3: Pillman’s Got A Gun-11/4/96
Brian Pillman was at home after being Pillmanized by Austin (this is the series that led to that term being coined). Austin invaded Pillman’s home, leading to Pillman pulling a 9mm pistol on Austin as Austin broke in through the door. The camera cuts to black as we hear shots fired.

I still remember watching this segment on TV at my dad’s house. I really didn’t know what to think of it at the time, especially considering who was involved. It was definitely something we had never seen before on wrestling television, and fortunately, nothing that has been seen since.

#2: Beer Bath-3/22/99
This is the event that Angle later parodied with the milk bath. Austin drove down to the ring in a beer truck as Vince, Shane and the Rock were in the ring. Austin climbed on top of the truck, cut one of his great promos on Rock before grabbing a hose from the truck and soaking the Corporation members with beer before taking a pull from the hose himself.

It’s Austin, the McMahons, the Rock and a beer truck. Do you honestly need to ask if this segment was good? ?

And now, for #1

#1: Mankind Thrown Off Cell-6/28/98
This was at the 1998 King of the Ring. This was the second Hell in a Cell match ever done, and the most famous due to Mankind being thrown off the top of the cage by the Undertaker through an announce table nearly 20 feet below. Both men climbed back on top of the cage, leading to Mankind being chokeslammed THROUGH the top of the cage.
This match will never cease to make me cringe. Never, ever, in a million years. I watched it live on PPV 13 years ago, and to this day, I am still in awe of how Mick Foley went through that and survived.
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Good Read - Top 50 OMG Moments!!! Empty Re: Good Read - Top 50 OMG Moments!!!

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 14 Oct 2011, 12:16 pm

Great read;

Though has Beth Pheonix ever lifted Big Show AND Edge onto her shoulders? That's wrong surely?

Back to top Go down

Post by JCmag82 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 12:36 pm

Is this online somewhere so I can see all these?

JCmag82

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 12:39 pm

JCmag82 wrote:Is this online somewhere so I can see all these?

It's on WWEO.net.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 14 Oct 2011, 12:55 pm

Good list. Not sure i agree with the order though.

The WWE really have attempted some mindless insensitive angles havent they!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 14 Oct 2011, 2:00 pm

I googled some of them as I hadnt seen them before.

Snitsky punting the baby was funny!
I enjoyed the Hollywood Brawl - just so stupid!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 14 Oct 2011, 2:50 pm

I probably watch the Supermarket Brawl once every 6 months. It's still easily one of my favourite WWE skits of all time

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 14 Oct 2011, 7:00 pm

shane always showed that he had the bigger balls in the mcmahon family. the punishment he put his body through was immense, he wouldnt look out of place in the old ecw

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by paulscholes Fri 14 Oct 2011, 7:41 pm

I though Austin and booker T Would of been there

paulscholes

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:13 pm

Some of them just aren't worthy to be on the list and some are just seriously mis-placed, Hogan/Andre at 50 is a joke, this is top five easy, Hogan was champ for four years and The Million Dollar Man had somehow used his money to create an identical double of the referee to help screw Hogan out of the title, this was a truly monumental moment in the history of the WWF/E and #50 simply isn't anywhere near justifiable

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:17 pm

That's just the way WWE are though Gaffer, if they brought out a DVD on their Top 50 OMG moments next week you can rest assured it'd be a different list.

Any time WWE bring out a list - whether it's greatest wrestlers, best matches or funniest moments - the eventual order depends on whatever whim Vince takes at that particular point in time.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:03 pm

Definitely agree, where was Austin's KotR promo? I know he's featured a lot but that's a pretty big one to miss out

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down