The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encouraging News for Chris from Stroud ....

3 posters

Go down

Encouraging News for Chris from Stroud .... Empty Encouraging News for Chris from Stroud ....

Post by guildfordbat Fri 14 Oct 2011, 4:28 pm

Gloucs wicket keeper batsman Jonathan Batty (who, I think it's fair to say, has never totally won over Chris from Stroud) is apparently in the running to return to Surrey as second eleven coach.

Others in the mix for this post who might yet scupper Batty's chance and Chris' hopes include former Surrey stalwart Ali Brown and Paul Farbace, until recently head coach of Kent.

[Source: Richard Spiller - a very fine and normally reliable journalist - in today's Surrey Advertiser. He beat the Club's own website with news of one year contracts for Spriegel and Jordan plus Schofield being released. Nothing new there though.]

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Encouraging News for Chris from Stroud .... Empty Re: Encouraging News for Chris from Stroud ....

Post by ChrisfromStroud Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:48 pm

Oh, thank you, Guildford, thank you.

Tell me more, tell me more.
(Was it love at first sight?
No, but it was probably a duck after a very long time scratching around at the crease.)

Oh, the lure of Division One cricket; fingers crossed that it is irresistible.

I think that GasheadinChelt might be pleased too, though I think he is over on not606.

ChrisfromStroud

Back to top Go down

Encouraging News for Chris from Stroud .... Empty Re: Encouraging News for Chris from Stroud ....

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 15 Oct 2011, 5:35 pm

ChrisfromStroud wrote:I think that GasheadinChelt might be pleased too, though I think he is over on not606.

Chris - order him to return to barracks at once! Going AWOL from 606v2 is not allowed Laugh

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Oct 2011, 11:03 am

was batty any good in limited overs cricket?

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisfromStroud Sun 16 Oct 2011, 12:38 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:
ChrisfromStroud wrote:I think that GasheadinChelt might be pleased too, though I think he is over on not606.

Chris - order him to return to barracks at once! Going AWOL from 606v2 is not allowed Laugh

Sorry, Corporal, we're an ill-disciplined lot in the West Country.

ChrisfromStroud

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisfromStroud Sun 16 Oct 2011, 12:40 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:was batty any good in limited overs cricket?

He wasn't any good (for us) in any form of cricket, other than to block the path of promising youngsters into the team. I think Surrey got rid of him at the right time (for them).

ChrisfromStroud

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Oct 2011, 7:42 pm

ah right lol fair enough, seems harsh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down