The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Chris From Stroud

3 posters

Go down

For Chris From Stroud Empty For Chris From Stroud

Post by guildfordbat Tue 17 Apr 2012, 9:34 pm

Chris,

I believe the Corporal has recently set off on a military march for a few days. I therefore thought I should take it upon myself to supply this extract from the official Surrey website about yesterday's second eleven Trophy game between our teams:

''The prized scalp of former Surrey legend Jonathan Batty - now plying his trade in the West Country and batting at number eight - went to Tom Lancefield, who forced his former team mate to drag on whilst aiming a cut at his left arm spin.''

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

For Chris From Stroud Empty Re: For Chris From Stroud

Post by ChrisfromStroud Wed 18 Apr 2012, 6:23 pm

Thanks for the update GB!

And I thought he was keeping wicket or batting. Glad to hear he is just "plying his trade".

However, he seems to be plying it a little better in the 3-day 2nd XI match that followed on from the 1 day bash.

May I return the favour:
18/04/2012 11:12:23
At the close of play on day one of the Second XI Championship match at Bristol, Gloucestershire 343-0 against Surrey. Benny Howell is 207 not out, and Jon Batty is 113 not out.

Benny Howell has been promoted to the 1st team squad for the next fixture. Hopefully Jon Legend Batty hasn't.

By the way, how good is Lancefield's SLA?

ChrisfromStroud

Back to top Go down

Post by Dulwich_Dog Wed 18 Apr 2012, 7:13 pm

Ha, I had the pleasure of facing a couple of balls of Mr Lancefield's SLA in the nets at The Oval a few weeks ago. Tried to slog sweep the first one and got struck firmly on the pad, he rather generously commented that the idea was right (though execution somewhat lacking)

Dulwich_Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down