The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shane Williams

+31
RuckingFlanker86
TycroesOsprey
Boyne
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
oxring
maestegmafia
SubsBench
Shifty
slartibartfast
dogtooth
CurlyOsp
welshy824
MarcusHalberstram
Comfort
Glas a du
doctornickolas
Knowsit17
english warrior
munkian
kultschar
Portnoy
Mr Bounce
eirebilly
Standulstermen
Sin é
bedfordwelsh
Luckless Pedestrian
walesworldcup
rodders
Cardiff Taffy
RobLewis28
35 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Shane Williams - Page 4 Empty Shane Williams

Post by RobLewis28 Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:22 am

First topic message reminder :

First of all let me just say what a superb player he has been over the last ten years or so for Wales, magnificent to watch and up there with the all time best in my humble opinion.

Just wanted to know your thoughts on his retirement...., could he play on for another year to help make the transition for youngsters to come through a little easier? Seems to still have the pace and an eye for the line?

RobLewis28

Back to top Go down

Shane Williams - Page 4 Empty Re: Shane Williams

Post by Glas a du Thu 27 Oct 2011, 11:26 am

Thanks for those links to the Munsters supporters blog Sin, I've learnt a lot OK
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by SubsBench Thu 27 Oct 2011, 11:52 am

Lemony, I dont think you can go as far as saying Shane lied and then question if it was intentional or not. Surely lying is saying a falsehood deliberately. If he knew Horan had not made the remark then he lied. If he believed that Horan had made the remark but Horan didnt, because Shane misheard or someone else made the remark and Shane thought it was Horan then Shane did not lie, he just made a mistake just like countless witnesses make in trials on a daily basis. Sorry to be pedantic. Wink

SubsBench

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 27 Oct 2011, 11:55 am

Despite all this dirt raked up by a slighted Man Unit...Munster fan what was the original thread topic again ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by LemonyVodka5 Thu 27 Oct 2011, 12:05 pm

Nothing wrong with being pedantic in my book Shane Williams - Page 4 1978_Gent.

And you're right, I probably should have worded it more along the lines of "an intentional lie or an unintentional falsehood".

Either way - and thanks for bringing things back on track Munkian - I shall be doing my best to be at the Millenium for his farewell match and if not will be doing this Shane Williams - Page 4 Beercouch8bj in front of the goggle-box no matter what the Mrs has planned.

Ignoring anything that went on off the pitch, on the pitch he is / was one of the most exciting players to pick up the egg shaped inflatable.

LemonyVodka5

Back to top Go down

Post by SubsBench Thu 27 Oct 2011, 1:11 pm

munkian wrote:Despite all this dirt raked up by a slighted Man Unit...Munster fan what was the original thread topic again ?

Good point. If there were more players like Shane about who can get the crowd on their feet just because he side steps someone then the game would be so much better and attendances would be up. When he retires from all forms of rugby I desperately hope they bring out a DVD (or box set) of his tries. Pure entertainment.

SubsBench

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 27 Oct 2011, 1:16 pm

SubsBench wrote:
munkian wrote:Despite all this dirt raked up by a slighted Man Unit...Munster fan what was the original thread topic again ?

Good point. If there were more players like Shane about who can get the crowd on their feet just because he side steps someone then the game would be so much better and attendances would be up. When he retires from all forms of rugby I desperately hope they bring out a DVD (or box set) of his tries. Pure entertainment.

Shane Williams DVD thumbsup

I;m flying to Dublin tonight Sin, I'll bring my copy if you want to meet up Hug
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by SubsBench Thu 27 Oct 2011, 1:21 pm

munkian wrote:
SubsBench wrote:

Laugh

SubsBench

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 27 Oct 2011, 5:36 pm

I think Shane has entertained over the years with some wonderful tries. Got a lot of time for someone who played so many tests who is not your typical sized rugby player. A player who can create something from nothing is a special player worth having as they can win you games.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 27 Oct 2011, 5:45 pm

munkian wrote:
SubsBench wrote:

Thats sweet of you munks, but I think I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than watch the poisoned dwarf. Whistle

Cute that you bring the DVD with you when travelling. Do you sleep with it under your pillow? The good news is that if you lose it you can replace from the bargain basement basket.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 01 Nov 2011, 9:16 am

Sin é wrote:
munkian wrote:
SubsBench wrote:

Thats sweet of you munks, but I think I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than watch the poisoned dwarf. Whistle

Cute that you bring the DVD with you when travelling. Do you sleep with it under your pillow? The good news is that if you lose it you can replace from the bargain basement basket.

Awww, I was going to bring it especially for you, It doesn't normally leave pride of place on my shelf Hug

Of course when Keith Earles's DVD come out it will be graciously cast aside... Rolling Eyes
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4