The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mexico - Amazing Pops - CONTAINS RAW SPOILERS

+4
JoshSansom
Kay Fabe
sodhat
djcc2004
8 posters

Go down

Mexico - Amazing Pops - CONTAINS RAW SPOILERS  Empty Mexico - Amazing Pops - CONTAINS RAW SPOILERS

Post by djcc2004 Tue 18 Oct 2011, 12:47 pm

anyone else notice how on RAW last night (that was filmed in Mexico) the superstars recieved amazing pops?
i was shocked to hear that the crowd was only 14,000 as it looked and sounded alot more than this.

although saying this the crowd seemed like alot of little kids and girls screeming, good pops though!

can anyone also shed lite on 888 for me?

he was fired from his position last week and yet he still comes out in a suit and michael cole announces him as the COO?

djcc2004

Back to top Go down

Mexico - Amazing Pops - CONTAINS RAW SPOILERS  Empty Re: Mexico - Amazing Pops - CONTAINS RAW SPOILERS

Post by sodhat Tue 18 Oct 2011, 12:48 pm

He was removed as Raw GM -- he remains COO.

No, I don't understand either.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Mexico - Amazing Pops - CONTAINS RAW SPOILERS  Empty Re: Mexico - Amazing Pops - CONTAINS RAW SPOILERS

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 18 Oct 2011, 12:58 pm

I think the pops would be edited, also, all Michael Coles voice overs where pretty obvious, I think when the Bella's got a pop like Orton it was pretty conclusive

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 18 Oct 2011, 12:59 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I think the pops would be edited, also, all Michael Coles voice overs where pretty obvious, I think when the Bella's got a pop like Orton it was pretty conclusive

Haven't seen it yet, but read that Cena got a massive pop against Del Rio...I didn't think that sounded right at the time, and I'm guessing they edited it?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:00 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I think the pops would be edited, also, all Michael Coles voice overs where pretty obvious, I think when the Bella's got a pop like Orton it was pretty conclusive

Yes, given that it wasn't live they had the chance to edit it. Also, I haven't seen it, was it done in Spanish or English? I ask because, well, Mexico is a Spanish speaking country...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:02 pm

Was what done

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:04 pm

Was the show presented in English or Spanish ... it would hardly have been a great show for the fans if they didn't understand it!

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:08 pm

RAW will always be presented in English regardless of who the audiance is, they had the Spanish announce team out, its usually always dubbed into whatever language anyway but it will always be presented in English

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:10 pm

Do the crowd get to hear commentary / announcing in their language then or do they just have to listen and guess?

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:11 pm

They weren't edited mate, have a friend who went and it was exactly like that

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:17 pm

Did the Bella's get a major pop?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:17 pm

Apparently so

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:21 pm

JoshSansom wrote:Do the crowd get to hear commentary / announcing in their language then or do they just have to listen and guess?
the crowd would here the promos in the language it's spoken in, the announcing will be dubbed into the desired language by the time it's sent to Spain, France, Germany, Italy and other markets

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by djcc2004 Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:55 pm

sodhat wrote:He was removed as Raw GM -- he remains COO.

No, I don't understand either.

Thing that annoys me he was never Raw Gm, he was only announced as the COO... the last time we heard of a Raw GM was when they had the lap top.

it all makes no real sense

djcc2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 18 Oct 2011, 2:12 pm

I think RAW decended into chaos under Triple H's COO leadership, now he was never the GM but as COO had final say on things, however the Board of Directors have placed Johnny Ace as interim GM to make decisions on RAW's behalf, Triple H is still the Cheif Operating Officer but is no longer in charge of the daily running of Monday Night RAW

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 18 Oct 2011, 2:29 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I think RAW decended into chaos under Triple H's COO leadership, now he was never the GM but as COO had final say on things, however the Board of Directors have placed Johnny Ace as interim GM to make decisions on RAW's behalf, Triple H is still the Cheif Operating Officer but is no longer in charge of the daily running of Monday Night RAW

A C-Level position is a long term, strategic one and not one that is supposed to be about the day to day running of any business. That is typically left to the line manager (or in this case GM). However, as part of the storyline HHH took on the day to day running of Raw as it is the biggest show WWE has and in kayfabe he wanted the crowd to believe that his character is one who is prepared to get his hands dirty and work hard for the audience as opposed to sitting back in the boardroom.

The decision of the WWE board is effectively to demarcate the two roles and have an operational line manager responsible for day to day content on the programme and leave HHH to his (more senior) role. Though this is the WWE meaning that any on-screen role is seen as vastly more important than any off-screen role event though as COO (i.e. the one who oversees the running of the operational side of a business) the GM would report to him...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 18 Oct 2011, 3:15 pm

Basically what I said only far more confusing...

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 18 Oct 2011, 3:23 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Basically what I said only far more confusing...

Wasn't trying to make it more confusing... was trying to explain how the WWE's kayfabe management structure is different from a real life management structure :/

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 18 Oct 2011, 3:31 pm

How do you think you got on?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by rawa86 Tue 18 Oct 2011, 6:08 pm

Gregers wrote:

They weren't edited mate, have a friend who went and it was exactly like that

Really? I thought it was edited because Cena came out to a really loud pop but then during the match the crowd was mostly booing him and cheering del rio.

rawa86

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 18 Oct 2011, 6:15 pm

I'm more shocked that the pop the Bella's got, i'm really surprised thats legitimate

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by rawa86 Tue 18 Oct 2011, 6:21 pm

One of the more interesting things for me was that I noticed both Natalya and Eve Torres can perform more convincing clotheslines than John Morrison. Shocked

rawa86

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 18 Oct 2011, 6:26 pm

I didn't watch that, I skipped, I don't like Randy Ortons straight arm stiff clotheslines, although to be fair at least they're delibrite

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by rawa86 Tue 18 Oct 2011, 6:30 pm

Ya but at least it looks like it could knock somebody over. In fairness i thought raw was decent last night. Moved things along nicely. And again punk, miz and truth's match was the highlight.

rawa86

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 19 Oct 2011, 12:36 am

Crowd pops looked like they were editted to me.... Johnny Ace mic work was terrible he made a 52 year old post stroke Bret Hart look like The Rock. Why did they not just retape the back stage stuff he did with Del Rio.

The confussion over Triple H's position/title is just typical WWE make it up as they go. At one point Lawler said it was great to see Triple H back!!! Didn't the guy lead the walk out 2 weeks ago??

Slightly better than last weeks show at least they paid attention to Vengance although how's anybody meant to think Cena is going to lose in a last man standing match? Surely the way to sell the pay per view was to have Del Rio win & pick some stippulation that would favour him, making the result seem in doubt. In the logical world of WWE it wouldn't surprise me if Cena regains via no pressure STF with creative fidgeting the stip mid match

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 19 Oct 2011, 1:26 am

I do think Del Rio will retain but totally agree the heel shouls be making the stip for the match, the match should make rne fans want to tune in and cheer the face in hope that he can overcome the odds against the heel

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Wed 19 Oct 2011, 1:44 am

I think WWE dropped the ball with the Mexican crowd. It's the first time they're filming Raw in Mexico and you have John Laurinitis coming out to start the show? The loud boos he got upon entering the ring just turned into silence because what he said wasn't delivered well enough to make it have any sort of impact on the audience.

My other main gripe of the show was having JR and Cole's 'feud' on it at all. It didn't make much sense to me seeing as though a large proportion of the audience in the arena would normally watch Raw with the Spanish blokes commentating and not the English announcers, the audience there would have seen Cole and JR as mere characters - not commentators as such because they wouldn't hear them week in week out, I don't think they really 'got' it like we did.

I'd have had Cena Vs Del Rio in a match to decide who makes the stipulation - that's pretty much what we got anyway - but with Del Rio winning by some sort of 'fluke', announcing the stip and then having Cena beat Del Rio down. Locals happy Del Rio won, Locals happy Cena hits him with an AA and ends the show.

I might be getting a bit cynical now but the ending did smack of a bit of imperialism from the American company, American wrestler standing over the Mexican in his homeland. Oh I went there!

Apart from that it was pretty much standard WWE-on-tour stuff, a few short matches, mock the country for some heat, a 6 man tag match so that everyones seen without needing to perform much and the standard womens match.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 19 Oct 2011, 1:36 pm

Good point about Cole & JR mate, it's not something that occured to me, I wouldn't have had a 1 on 1 match with Cena/Del Rio, I hate seeing PPV matches on free TV before the event

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down