The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should the international/club forums be merged?

+20
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Rava
Gibson
Knowsit17
dogtooth
Gatts
Comfort
Geordie
Shifty
radelven
majesticimperialman
aucklandlaurie
hawalsh
Taffineastbourne
red_stag
B91212
Notch
Feckless Rogue
Portnoy
MarcusHalberstram
24 posters

Go down

Should the international/club forums be merged

Should the international/club forums be merged? Vote_lcap49%Should the international/club forums be merged? Vote_rcap 49% 
[ 24 ]
Should the international/club forums be merged? Vote_lcap51%Should the international/club forums be merged? Vote_rcap 51% 
[ 25 ]

Total Votes : 49

Should the international/club forums be merged? Empty Should the international/club forums be merged?

Post by MarcusHalberstram Tue 18 Oct 2011, 6:14 pm

Am I the only person who thinks having two separate forums is a bit of a pain? Clearly not by the number of "Henson joins the Blues" threads that have popped up on the international section in the last half hour!

Just thought I'd start a poll to see which way public opinion is swinging right now on this.

MarcusHalberstram

Back to top Go down

Should the international/club forums be merged? Empty Re: Should the international/club forums be merged?

Post by Portnoy Tue 18 Oct 2011, 6:18 pm

No you are not.

On a tiny board like this there is no need for any separation.

And that goes for the randomness of the stickies as well.

I can't vote because I see no separation is required in any form.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Should the international/club forums be merged? Empty Re: Should the international/club forums be merged?

Post by Feckless Rogue Tue 18 Oct 2011, 7:02 pm

I agree. There's no point in having a separate section for club and international. There's also the topics on the main rugby union page that aren't in either the international or club section. There just there on their own in no specific category. Seems unnecessarily messy to me.

It would be much easier to just have a rugby forum. All the articles are about rugby. Simplicity of design. That's what Steve Jobs would have done. I actually remember us voting on this before and the majority vast wanted just one merged rugby forum.

And I'm sure this vote will show you're still in the majority Marcus.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 18 Oct 2011, 7:10 pm

Oh ffs, so now I have to read the endless Waburton posts when the club game starts up again too?

I quite like being able to escape the shouting matches on the International forum to talk club rugby. Now all the club talk will be drowned out by international chat.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Tue 18 Oct 2011, 8:01 pm

Notch wrote:Oh ffs, so now I have to read the endless Waburton posts when the club game starts up again too?

I quite like being able to escape the shouting matches on the International forum to talk club rugby. Now all the club talk will be drowned out by international chat.

+1

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 18 Oct 2011, 8:02 pm

Notch wrote:Oh ffs, so now I have to read the endless Waburton posts when the club game starts up again too?

Agree
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Tue 18 Oct 2011, 8:05 pm

Once the WC is over tumbleweed will roll across the screens!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by hawalsh Tue 18 Oct 2011, 8:33 pm

God yes, please merge them.

Be it the WC, 6N or AIs, apart from the summer tours the international and club scene always overlap, and even if games aren't the same week, relevent news, announcements and discussion for both is always concurrent.

I come on to read and discuss all forms of rugby and it's a real pain in the @rse to have to check & refresh multiple sections when it's so easy to identify and ignore club/international posts from the topic title if it's all in one.

hawalsh

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 18 Oct 2011, 8:42 pm

No, especially not when a World Cup is just getting exciting.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Tue 18 Oct 2011, 8:43 pm

Why cant it be one board for all Rugby Union.

And one board for Rugby League.

Simples.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Oct 2011, 8:44 pm

Can we get some union articles posted on the league board. They used to love that on old 606! Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Oct 2011, 8:45 pm

Keep them separate. I like it at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by radelven Thu 20 Oct 2011, 9:16 pm

Should this be on the international board, club board or on the main board where no one would see it?

radelven

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcusHalberstram Thu 20 Oct 2011, 9:24 pm

radelven wrote:Should this be on the international board, club board or on the main board where no one would see it?

Heh heh heh.

Surprised the poll is actually evening out a little. Can't understand why you segregationists want to keep it all separate when there's so much cross-over - the two topics are not mutually exclusive, surely everyone can see that?!

MarcusHalberstram

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Thu 20 Oct 2011, 9:25 pm

Only one of the forums is likely to be in use at any one time anyway.
The only reason the international forum is busy at the moment is because of the world cup, once the cup is over the club section will get busy.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 20 Oct 2011, 10:01 pm

Keep them seperate please...makes things nice and clear.

Give it a week after Sunday and the club one will be the busy one....uintil the 6n.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by radelven Thu 20 Oct 2011, 10:58 pm

AlynDavies wrote:Only one of the forums is likely to be in use at any one time anyway.

How do you work that one out? There are club games during the Six Nations and Autumn Internationals, and there's plenty of international discussion when squads get announced during the club season.

More to the point, if only one board would have traffic on it at any one time like you suggest, it makes even less sense to have seperate boards.

One board, one love!

radelven

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Thu 20 Oct 2011, 11:18 pm

radelven wrote:One board, one love!

notworthy

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 20 Oct 2011, 11:24 pm

Merging it...wont help my OCD.... Wink

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcusHalberstram Fri 21 Oct 2011, 12:47 am

Merge!!! Merge!!! Merrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrge!!!!

MarcusHalberstram

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Fri 21 Oct 2011, 1:10 am

Crouch

Touch

Pause

MERGE!

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:24 am

in the latter stages of a world cup there will be more international posts. when we get to the buisness end of the heiniken cup club rugby will dominate.

dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:37 am

I like it the way it is personally. It's only one extra click that's being asked of us...

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by radelven Fri 21 Oct 2011, 4:34 am

Knowsit17 wrote:It's only one extra click that's being asked of us...

It's more than that, if you're interested in what's going on in all three sections, you either have to keep three windows/tabs open and refresh each in turn, or keep on going back and forth, which involves multiple and repetitive clicking.

Surely most people are interested in what is going on at club and national level. It's a lot easier to ignore non-relevant posts (easily done by the title) than to go through the processes above.

The poll certainly suggests what the majority want, or does the site just not care about its members preferences?

radelven

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Oct 2011, 7:31 am

No. Leave it as it is. Works fine. What's the hassle? One click or 2. I mean.. get a Life. Keep em separate V2. Please.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri 21 Oct 2011, 8:21 am

+1
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 21 Oct 2011, 8:40 am

I hate sub forums. The only one should be a "wastbin" forum where all the junk like "North vs Warburton who would win in a fight" and "name 30 obscure players you just looked up on wikipedia to make people think you arent 17" can be put.
And a seperate " lets bring up foriegn born player sin the england side again just so someone can mention shane howarth" forum.

Its utterly ridiculous that the front page of the rugby section is almost comeltly dead. Most of the artciles that do get posted there would fit into a club or international section. Whilst it made sense during the world cup to seperrate them as the board traffic has been much higher once its over Id like to see the sub fora scrapped. Its less work for the mods moving and merging and easier to browse.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by damage_13 Fri 21 Oct 2011, 8:56 am

no, I don't want to rummage around in club threads for international relevant posts.

damage_13

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:17 am

I don't mind the plit between Club and International, it's the middle ground that confuses me.

We have a Rugby union page that had the pub, random factor and just seems to be a hypothetical cyberspace wasteland where posts of no meaning or relevance are posted.

Just to clarify I'm 100% happy to keep the pub and random factor I just think the rugby union page :

https://www.606v2.com/f12-rugby-union

should have the sticky's (random, pub, any comps) at the top and 2 seperate forums, one for club and one for international.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:26 am

I didn't like it when they 1st changed it but I don't mind having the two boards now, in fact I think with the RWC on the club threads would get lost amongst all the international stuff.

I do think the main board should be removed though as most topics fall into either the international or club categories.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:57 am

Cheers for the feedback everyone, we appreciate it.

Just so you know, next week once the RWC chat starts dying down we'll have a think about the organisation of the rugby section, at the moment I personally think it's OK, but I am aware that post RWC there's not too many international matches scheduled this side of Xmas.

We are slightly constrained by the board software in terms of what we can do though.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down