The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank goodness for that.

3 posters

Go down

Thank goodness for that. Empty Thank goodness for that.

Post by McLaren Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:22 am

I hate that my first topic on the F1 forum is suitable only for the daily mail gossip column but it comes on the back of a great relief for all true F1 fans. Whether you like the guy’s personality or not one thing must be agreed and that is; Lewis Hamilton is the most exciting driver to watch in F1. Don’t agree? Then at some point you have to get yourself to an F1 event and find a relatively fast corner. Some guys will be on rails, some guys will be a bit ragged but ultimately slow and others just slow. Hamilton will look like he is chucking the car about like he is on a ps3. it is truly a spectacular thing to watch and he is usually quicker than anyone else while providing the most exciting show in F1.

He has been missing something of late in this department and the speculation was off track issues with a pussycat doll.

Well the inevitable has happened and that particular distraction has been put to bed. I hope after a short period of grieving he will be back to his usual self.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Thank goodness for that. Empty Re: Thank goodness for that.

Post by Critical_mass Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:26 am

McLaren wrote:I hope after a short period of grieving he will be back to his usual self.

I hope its as simple as Lewis having woman issues it he cause of a lack lustre season and that he'll be back to his great self soon enough. Though should something like woman issues really be affecting his driving?

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:52 am

So all true F1 fans must support Hamilton because you think he is the most exciting?

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:18 am

Monty

I think anyone who likes F1 likes to see the cars driven to the absolute limit of grip, braking, traction etc and lewis does that better than anyone. There is something about they way he holds the car on the limit of grip mid corner that is very impressive to watch. You can see the car almost sliding as he keeps it in the perfect balance.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:53 am

I remember now why I stopped posting on the old 606 F1 forum. Since when was F1 about die hard support of one driver to the point where no respect is shown for other drivers. I like ferrari and usually hope they win but that does not stop me appreciating the skills of button, hamilton, di resta, kubica etc.

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:36 pm

I'm a fan of F1 first and foremost and like everyone i love good close racing with plenty of excitement but if you're a "true" f1 fan i think you'd love the sport more than just one driver. There's nothing wrong with having a flat out favorite driver but unfortunately their vision is also extremely biased towards that driver and therefore get's stupid arguments just like on 606 with Hamilton vs Alonso the usual one.

Apologies for going so far off topic. Hamilton comfortably beat Button last weekend and was clearly the faster of the two all weekend, just like Button has been quicker at times recently. Some good defending, good performance but not the kind of all time great drive it's being made out by some.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:42 pm

I dunno, it was a pretty good drive. Not saying it was the best EVER but what more were you asking for?

What would be your definition of an all time drive?

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:08 pm

You hear of guys driving to good results with slightly damaged cars quite often, im sure Raikkonen drove his Mclaren to second in Austria in 2003 with far from the best car and had lost a few cylinders in his engine. I'm not going to go into the list of all time great drives but it certainly never struck me that that was one, would you say it was? serious question.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:45 pm

look, any performance where hamilton achieved a podium and beat his teammate was clearly going to be labelled 'a great drive' after the season and poor results he's had.

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:23 pm

True John.

Monty - as i said above really, im not saying it was an "all time great" but it was still a good drive to keep webber behind for so long. Plus the little battle they had in the middle sector was entertaining.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:39 pm

Agreed OK

Im off for a pint, cheers Ale

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down