The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watch the P4P Best Only on Primetime!

+11
School Project
AlexHuckerby
Union Cane
Dass
HumanWindmill
TopHat24/7
TRUSSMAN66
sodhat
Michaels, Sean
BALTIMORA
Scottrf
15 posters

Go down

Watch the P4P Best Only on Primetime! Empty Watch the P4P Best Only on Primetime!

Post by Scottrf Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:00 pm

WBO Welterweight Title
When: 12th November Live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas
What: Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez
Where: All on Primetime: Sky channel 480, Virgin Media ‘On Demand’ and online at Primetime Website

The hottest topic among boxing fans the world over is who is the greatest pound for pound fighter active today? Many will tell you the unrivalled defensive abilities of Floyd Mayweather Jr make him the greatest fighter for a generation, other will argue the speed, power and pure talent of Manny Pacquiao make him the best active fighter alive today. In September we brought you Floyd Mayweather’s in ring return and now we’re bringing you Manny Pacquiao as you continue to get the best fight action from around the globe!

Manny Pacquiao is a 10 time world champion in 8 weight classes as well as the first fighter to win the lineal championship in 4 divisions. But as well as being a superstar fighter Manny has also become a member of the House of Representatives in his home country of the Philippines. Transcending the sport of boxing, he is an icon in his country who many have touted to be a future President.

Manny was most recently seen on our screens in a one sided victory over Shane Mosley back in May. Whilst Manny floored Shane in the third round he seemed unable to finish the fight, which was later attributed to cramp in his legs.

His opponent, Juan Manuel Marquez, is a fighter Pacquiao knows well. Having met twice previously, with a controversial draw in May 2004 and then in a split decision win in March 2008, this fight will be the latest in an epic trilogy as Pacquiao looks to confirm dominance over his long time rival.

Juan Manuel Marquez is the latest in a long line of legendary Mexican fighters. As the fourth Mexican to win titles in 3 weight classes and an 8 time World Champion he is currently ranked as number 4 in the pound for pound rankings.

Marquez will have a point to prove in his latest attempt to overthrow Manny. In their first meeting Marquez was floored 3 times in the opening round but showed the heart of a Mexican to come back and control the fight in the middle and later rounds. Scored the winner on one of the judge’s cards many thought Marquez was hard done to that night.

The rivalry was renewed in 2008 with yet another controversial fight. Marquez was again floored, this time in the 3rd round. Again Marquez came back to control the later rounds, with many scored dead even, only to lose on another controversial split decision.

When rivalries are resumed both fighters will have a point to prove with knockdowns almost guaranteed.

The ‘pound for pound’ questions don’t end there though. Also on the card is the fighter currently ranked number 7 in the ‘pound for pound’ lists.

Timothy Bradley steps back into the ring after ten months out and having been stripped of his WBC title as issues with his manager meant a fight with Amir Khan didn’t happen. Bradley will want to return to winning ways and prove he is still the number 1 in the Light Welterweight division. To do that he’ll need to defend his WBO title against former two division champion Joel Cassamayor.

Breidis Prescott also makes a quick return to British TV screens. Following his points loss to Paul McCloskey the only man to knock Amir Khan out aims to get back to winning ways as he challenges for the IBF Latino Light Welterweight crown. An undefeated Mike Alvarado stands in his way, with 41 KO’s from 58 fights between them this has all the makings of a fight of the night candidate.
The card is completed by Luis Cruz vs Juan Burgos for the NABO Super Featherweight championship.

So it’s titles fights all the way on November 12th, another must see night exclusive to Primetime!

You can order the card for only £14.95 by calling 08712004444*, visiting Primetime Website
or Virgin Media customers can purchase using the ‘On Demand’ menu. Customers on Sky must register the first time they use Primetime and once registered can purchase using the ‘box office’ menu.

Cool

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Watch the P4P Best Only on Primetime! Empty Re: Watch the P4P Best Only on Primetime!

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:14 pm

Pre-emptive thread?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Watch the P4P Best Only on Primetime! Empty Re: Watch the P4P Best Only on Primetime!

Post by Scottrf Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:15 pm

Just a guess.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:15 pm

Can I have a Khan T-Shirt please?
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:17 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:Can I have a Khan T-Shirt please?
Join the queue behind Union...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:19 pm

Right after I do.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:24 pm

I might auction mine off at this rate, I'll make a fortune.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:55 pm

Wow pops can we buy it??? Sure looks tummy rumbling good!!

Sure Son go and get a coke...

Thanks pops!

Great thread and no doubt less cheesy than the one we are going to get..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:56 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Wow pops can we buy it??? Sure looks tummy rumbling good!!

Sure Son go and get a coke...

Thanks pops!

Great thread and no doubt less cheesy than the one we are going to get..
It's a complete rip off. Should get pulled for plagiarism really.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 21 Oct 2011, 4:07 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Join the queue behind Union...

I'll just call Union a few names. He'll soon crumble.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 21 Oct 2011, 4:08 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Right after I do.

Think they only go to the WAGs of the Admin/Mods team.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 21 Oct 2011, 4:11 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Think they only go to the WAGs of the Admin/Mods team.....
True.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 21 Oct 2011, 4:16 pm

Sure, we admins are just bursting with excitement at the prospect of giving our wives and girlfriends Amir Khan T - shirts. Which girl wouldn't be swept off her feet?

Terribly sorry to cheat you fellas, since the T-shirts clearly mean so very much to you.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Fri 21 Oct 2011, 4:20 pm

Well if you've not heard (normally from Khan himself) Windy but most of his audience at fights is women apparently. They all seem to be swept of their feet by King Khan.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 21 Oct 2011, 4:22 pm

Oh yes, I know, Dass.

That's why we wicked admins cheated the proletariats out of their nice, sparkling T-shirts, doncha know?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 21 Oct 2011, 4:26 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:Sure, we admins are just bursting with excitement at the prospect of giving our wives and girlfriends Amir Khan T - shirts. Which girl wouldn't be swept off her feet?

Terribly sorry to cheat you fellas, since the T-shirts clearly mean so very much to you.

Ha, sorry for the dig Windy, wasn't really targeted at you specifically. It was just the fact that the winner of the 'competition' just so happened to be the wife of a Mod, who posted several hours after the competition was closed having never posted on the boxing board before and never since. Not really one for 'conspiracy theories' but that stank of something.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 21 Oct 2011, 4:27 pm

I know, mate. I was just bantering.

It's been a long day................................

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 21 Oct 2011, 4:28 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:I'll just call Union a few names. He'll soon crumble.

Such bitterness Sean.

You have turned nasty since buying that 32" telly, I told you it would happen.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 21 Oct 2011, 4:46 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Michaels, Sean wrote:I'll just call Union a few names. He'll soon crumble.

Such bitterness Sean.

You have turned nasty since buying that 32" telly, I told you it would happen.

I was strutting around the office like a King this morning and in a second you took that feeling away from me. I'm not saying it was deliberate but I'd compare it to agreeing to donate a 6 year old girl a Kidney, then withdrawing the offer at the last minute.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 21 Oct 2011, 4:56 pm

You must agree that I must use the result of the fight though, surely?

And remember, it is better to have lived one day as a lion than a thousand years as a lamb.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 21 Oct 2011, 5:22 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:Sure, we admins are just bursting with excitement at the prospect of giving our wives and girlfriends Amir Khan T - shirts. Which girl wouldn't be swept off her feet?

I'm sure Mrs Windmill feels like bona fide royalty every time she steps out at the regata wearing one of these bad boys:
Spoiler:

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 21 Oct 2011, 5:30 pm

She's practising a Bolton accent as we speak, BALTI.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 21 Oct 2011, 6:06 pm

Union Cane wrote:You must agree that I must use the result of the fight though, surely?

And remember, it is better to have lived one day as a lion than a thousand years as a lamb.

They're fighting for the WBC belt. They called it a draw. Boxrec is wrong until Dec 13th.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 21 Oct 2011, 6:29 pm

does anyone even care about this fight?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 21 Oct 2011, 7:23 pm

Never recieved mine!!! Despite the fact I won it fair and square!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 21 Oct 2011, 7:30 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:does anyone even care about this fight?

Yes, I like you Alex, but this is serious stuff.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 21 Oct 2011, 7:37 pm

true the allure of a khan tshirt is no laughing matter

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 02 Nov 2011, 3:50 pm

Guys, just to let you know, we will be running a competition starting tomorrow, giving two members the chance to watch the Pacquaio vs Marquez fight for free, courtesy of Primetime. So, anyone that is interested, keep an eye out for it.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 02 Nov 2011, 5:44 pm

not worth 15$ (i dont have pound sign on browser) i arent going to be buying.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 02 Nov 2011, 7:31 pm

What part of 'two free passes' mentions buying? If you don't want to buy it that's up to you, but it doesn't stop you entering the competition...

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 7:38 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:What part of 'two free passes' mentions buying? If you don't want to buy it that's up to you, but it doesn't stop you entering the competition...

Is that 'two passes' before or after one is given to Toon Lass [insert alternative admin/mod WAG name]?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 02 Nov 2011, 7:46 pm

Before one is won by her, you mean? Wink

It'll likely be some sort of competition whereby the first two to PM me the correct answers win. I'll even provide a screenshot of my inbox showing the two earliest PM's, if you naysayers so wish raspberry

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 02 Nov 2011, 8:03 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:What part of 'two free passes' mentions buying? If you don't want to buy it that's up to you, but it doesn't stop you entering the competition...

at what point did i quote you or was i talking about the competition? none now apologise.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Nov 2011, 8:08 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Is that 'two passes' before or after one is given to Toon Lass [insert alternative admin/mod WAG name]?
I will quite happily run a little competition and post the t-shirt to the winner if you are that concerned over a Khan t-shirt. (It hasn't been worn yet btw)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 02 Nov 2011, 8:18 pm

Y I Man wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

I will quite happily run a little competition and post the t-shirt to the winner if you are that concerned over a Khan t-shirt. (It hasn't been worn yet
btw)

get her to wear it then i will consider it...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 8:24 pm

Y I Man wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

I will quite happily run a little competition and post the t-shirt to the winner if you are that concerned over a Khan t-shirt. (It hasn't been worn yet btw)

Alex got to the joke before me, so I'll just say I was only having a bit of fun thumbsup Wink

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 02 Nov 2011, 8:26 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:

at what point did i quote you or was i talking about the competition? none now apologise.

Apologise for what, exactly?!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 02 Nov 2011, 8:47 pm

for getting lairy

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:57 pm

Point out where I was lairy please...

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:14 pm

Do normal people actually use the word 'lairy'?

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:16 pm

Na, he must be an extra in a Danny Dyer film.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:25 pm

6oldenbhoy wrote:Do normal people actually use the word 'lairy'?

first time ive ever used it!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 03 Nov 2011, 6:45 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:
6oldenbhoy wrote:Do normal people actually use the word 'lairy'?

first time ive ever used it!

Can you promise the forum that it will be the last?

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 03 Nov 2011, 8:08 am

ha will try... smartass...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 03 Nov 2011, 3:54 pm

Amir Khan on commentary Erm

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 03 Nov 2011, 3:57 pm

Really?

I actually thought Khan was ok in the studio, will he be able to do this without being biased though?!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 03 Nov 2011, 3:58 pm

Yeah. He’s alright in the studio, but commentary is a different ball game.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 03 Nov 2011, 4:46 pm

does anyone else raise an eyebrow each time amir works with primetime.

Bearing in mind he is 2/3 fights away from bradley/ mayweather/ manny etc do you not think that whoever he fights, that its likely to be on primetime?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 03 Nov 2011, 4:57 pm

It will be on whichever station bids for him...

He's fallen out with SKY but he'll more than likely fall in when they get their cheque book out...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down