The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marco Huck wants the Klitschkos

+10
The Galveston Giant
TopHat24/7
AlexHuckerby
Super D Boon
manos de piedra
bhb001
oxring
Valero's Conscience
Strongback
tommyhearnsprodigalson
14 posters

Go down

Marco Huck wants the Klitschkos Empty Marco Huck wants the Klitschkos

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Mon 24 Oct 2011, 9:43 am

Morning Guys

According to Sky Sports, Marco Huck has set his sights on stepping up a division to take on the Klitschkos, according to Huck "he's smashing everyone up in his division" is this the same huck that won a SD against Lededev who only beat the ghost of Roy Jones in the 12th, beat Ola Afolabi by UD and was KO'd against Steve Cunnigham or is that me being picky, the guy has fought almost every fight in Germany, don't get me wrong his KO record seems good but against what kind of opposition?

Anyway after that mini rant what do you guys think of his chances if he does step up? Bert Bonte has said that he needs to step in line so who should he fight first? Arreola, Barrett, Helenius, Thompson, Fury even

Over to you Guys

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Marco Huck wants the Klitschkos Empty Re: Marco Huck wants the Klitschkos

Post by Strongback Mon 24 Oct 2011, 9:48 am

Arreola would generate some interest. Arreola has a support base and has been in with Vitali so it would answer some questions.

Of course Huck would just be more cannon fodder for the K's but he'll be happy to take beating for a big pay day.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Mon 24 Oct 2011, 9:54 am

Yeah i was thinking Arreola more so for the scrap :-)

I just hope that isn't the reason he's moving up, don't wanna see another fighter turtle shelling up for 12 rounds just to say he did the distance!

Just not sure if he's got the height or the reach to even bother them to be honest

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 24 Oct 2011, 9:58 am

Agreed Huck vs Arreola would be a fun fight to watch although as to fighting either of the K-Bros, no way!

I don't think Huck is much better Arreola so i think he should stay a name at Cruiser or become another fringe contender at HW.

Time and time again it shows, boxers will take a beating for the money.

The Klits and Pac and Mayweather both only have each other to fight in their divisions and both won't happen so would rather see them all retire and although the standard will drop, at least the fights will be better.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 24 Oct 2011, 12:33 pm

The Huck who robbed Lebedev in one of the worst robberies I have ever seen would get torn apart by a Kbro. Idle chatter.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Mon 24 Oct 2011, 12:36 pm

i know thats why i mentioned it above as i'm sceptical of him and his chances aswell, just wanted to get everyone else's take on it

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 24 Oct 2011, 12:38 pm

Everyone wants a piece of the K Bros as they are the best payday in town. None of them, however, have anything that will seriously trouble either of them at present. Looks to be just more big talking to drum interest in him

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 24 Oct 2011, 1:29 pm

Id prefer to see him prove hes actually a good criserweight, never mind heavyweight.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 24 Oct 2011, 1:39 pm

Marco Huck is just spouting off to make himself seem relevant. He's beaten nobody but a bunch of no hopers. Lebedev got robbed and he got blasted out by the only other quality fighter he faced. Huck is dog poo, absolutely can't stand him.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 24 Oct 2011, 1:45 pm

huck believes in himself and thats an important factor. but i get a feeling against a klit he would realise that hes going to struggle with his odd explosive style because i dont think you can afford to allow a klit to get into a rythm. he hits real hard and puts everything into every punch would give him 0 chance against vit but a punchers chance against wlad. he always appears willing to take one to land oneand throws wild punches with intent so could worry wlad at times but struggle to give him much more than that.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 24 Oct 2011, 1:57 pm

Fury should call him out and show up how poorly (or maybe well) Huck can deal with a significant height/reach/size shortfall. Think it'd be a decent enough name on Fury's CV too.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 24 Oct 2011, 2:02 pm

I dont think he has any business in the ring with a Klitschko. Hes not even a particularly big cruiserweight. It would be a mismatch of gigantic proportions.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 24 Oct 2011, 2:04 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:huck believes in himself and thats an important factor. but i get a feeling against a klit he would realise that hes going to struggle with his odd explosive style because i dont think you can afford to allow a klit to get into a rythm. he hits real hard and puts everything into every punch would give him 0 chance against vit but a punchers chance against wlad. he always appears willing to take one to land oneand throws wild punches with intent so could worry wlad at times but struggle to give him much more than that.

If he came up against Wlad in particular he'd only find out once he's in the ring, as a lot of fighters before him have, how hard Wlad actually is to fight against. Wlad LKO or wide (wider than Haye) UD.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 24 Oct 2011, 2:07 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Fury should call him out and show up how poorly (or maybe well) Huck can deal with a significant height/reach/size shortfall. Think it'd be a decent enough name on Fury's CV too.

I like this idea. Would certainly show one of them (possibly both) as being wanting at the highest level.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 24 Oct 2011, 2:11 pm

Huck fighting the Klitschko's is a waste of time, we've already got Mormeck, i fear it could happen.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 24 Oct 2011, 2:19 pm

I would guess that Huck is just looking for a pay day. The money at cruiserweight is small compared to heavyweight and if you are prepared to take a beating then theres money to be had fighting a Klitschko, especially as oppoponents are few and far between there.

Haye, at least, proved he was the best cruiserweight before moving up and Im not sure Huck is even the third or fourth at the minute. He will have seen how hard a genuinely good cruiserweight like Haye/Adamek found it so going off his record and ability and size I would find it hard to imagine that he honestly feels he would have a chance in this. If he does it would be less self belief and more Audley like delusion.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 24 Oct 2011, 2:25 pm

this is ridculous, Adamek,Mormek even Haye was a crusier really. Now Huck. What a load of absolute crap the HW division is

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Mon 24 Oct 2011, 2:37 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:this is ridculous, Adamek,Mormek even Haye was a crusier really. Now Huck. What a load of absolute crap the HW division is
Totally agree must be the worst era ever in Heavyweight history, third rate contenders fighting the Klitschko's.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 24 Oct 2011, 2:54 pm

I agree the quality of contenders is pretty poor, but the K Bros are so much better than the others that the gap looks even wider!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 24 Oct 2011, 3:06 pm

I dunno, its not that unique that in the past fighters from light heavyweight would step up to heavyweight to challenge.

The dynamics have changed so much now. Heavyweights ar bigger and the Super Middleweight division has robbed some talent from Light heavyweight that this phenomenon seems to be a thing of the past now (the odd exception Jones/Adamek aside). Corbett/Fitzsimmons/Tunney/Carpertiers/Gibbons/Conn/Charles/Moore/Patterson/Foster/Spinks etc are all examples off the top of my head. This happens far less often now when in earlier years it was very common.

Having two brothers ruling simaltaneously also means the competition is got through twice as fast.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 24 Oct 2011, 3:16 pm

Good response, Manos, although missing Holyfield. I think the contenders are so poor in heavyweight at the moment that the likes of Mormeck and Huck fancy their chances.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 24 Oct 2011, 3:24 pm

bhb001 wrote:Good response, Manos, although missing Holyfield. I think the contenders are so poor in heavyweight at the moment that the likes of Mormeck and Huck fancy their chances.

Yeah although its also a money thing too. There just isnt nearly the same kind of money to be had in that god-awful cruiser division as could be made at heavyweight. Somebody like Haye could have probably reigned for 5/6 years as cruiserweight champion and he wouldnt have made half the kind of money he made up at heavyweight, even as an alphabet champion. I think thats the big motivator for these cruisers. Im not sure many of them at all genuinely belive they can topple a Klitschko, but the money for one of those fights as to be a big tempter for guys like Mormeck or Huck.

Out of all the past lightheavies and cruisers that have stepped up to challenge or win heavyweight titles I often wonder how many would do so in todays environment or how many would just stay put at light heavyweight.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 24 Oct 2011, 3:30 pm

With money being the big temptation, do you think it is only a matter of time that someone over stretches themselves and gets seriously hurt fighting someone far too big for them? It has to be a possibility.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 24 Oct 2011, 3:50 pm

manos de piedra wrote:I would guess that Huck is just looking for a pay day. The money at cruiserweight is small compared to heavyweight and if you are prepared to take a beating then theres money to be had fighting a Klitschko, especially as oppoponents are few and far between there.

Haye, at least, proved he was the best cruiserweight before moving up and Im not sure Huck is even the third or fourth at the minute. He will have seen how hard a genuinely good cruiserweight like Haye/Adamek found it so going off his record and ability and size I would find it hard to imagine that he honestly feels he would have a chance in this. If he does it would be less self belief and more Audley like delusion.

manos cruisers make huge amounts of money in germany

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 24 Oct 2011, 3:54 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:I would guess that Huck is just looking for a pay day. The money at cruiserweight is small compared to heavyweight and if you are prepared to take a beating then theres money to be had fighting a Klitschko, especially as oppoponents are few and far between there.

Huge money? Compared to heavyweight? I would very much doubt that.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 24 Oct 2011, 4:17 pm

manos de piedra wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:

yep. cruisers make massive amounts of money in germany. over there huck gets millions of viewers on RTL and about as much press as football. you think its a coincidence guys like cunningham keeps going to germany to fight?
couple this with the fact that the k bros hardly give out lucrative amounts i dont think the money would be too much different.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 24 Oct 2011, 4:28 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:

yep. cruisers make massive amounts of money in germany. over there huck gets millions of viewers on RTL and about as much press as football. you think its a coincidence guys like cunningham keeps going to germany to fight?
couple this with the fact that the k bros hardly give out lucrative amounts i dont think the money would be too much different.

Alex - you're letting your love of captain huck get in the way of the truth. The Kbros could fight me and make money - they are obscenely popular in Germany. Were they to fight Huck, the crowd would turn up. German fans turn up for ALL German based fighters. They've got that female champ - Ina Menzer - she can sell out arenas. Womens boxers in the UK are lucky if they can sell out a sports hall.

So yes - the fight would make money. But it would make less money than Arreola/Thompson II/Dimitrenko/Chambers II. Wlad isn't happy about beating Mormeck - I doubt he'd favour Huck
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 24 Oct 2011, 4:31 pm

I know that interest in cruiserweights is virtually confined to Germany these days but I wouldnt have thought that the money or interest availabe was on par with the heavyweight division. Cunningham has to go there because there is virtually no interest/money from America. I wouldnt have thought this neccessarily equates to cruiserweight being particularly lucrative though.

RTL is free to air as far as I know so while viewer level is high as a result, the pay outs are not nearly as big as is associated with ppv or subscriptions. The likes of Haye indicated that the level of money available at cruiserweight was actually only a fraction of what he could have made at heavyweight.

Cruiserweight will be a poor cousin to heavyweight, even if its a bigger deal in Germany than elsewhere.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 24 Oct 2011, 4:45 pm

oxring wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:

Alex - you're letting your love of captain huck get in the way of the truth. The Kbros could fight me and make money - they are obscenely popular in Germany. Were they to fight Huck, the crowd would turn up. German fans turn up for ALL German based fighters. They've got that female champ - Ina Menzer - she can sell out arenas. Womens boxers in the UK are lucky if they can sell out a sports hall.

So yes - the fight would make money. But it would make less money than Arreola/Thompson II/Dimitrenko/Chambers II. Wlad isn't happy about beating Mormeck - I doubt he'd favour Huck

believe me i know how popular the klits are there they were on billboards everywhere when i was in germany. not saying there is more money in cruiser than heavy but am saying that there is still millions to be made as the ratings are so high. the reason david went up was because he knew that would command ppv interest over here aswell and the fact he could do that meant with alro holding a title he could get a 50/50 deal which meant obscene amounts. but the other guys couldnt command a major ppv audience or bring anything to the table the klgts couldnt same with huck so they can bend him over financially like they have with just about everyone else. meaning he might not make that much more than he makes at cruiser.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 24 Oct 2011, 5:06 pm

Yeah but what kind of purse is someobody like Huck actually getting per fight?

My understanding of the cruiserweight division is that whilst its popular in Germany, or at least far more popular there than elsewhere, its not neccessarily particualrly lucrative as a result. Its basically niche. Viewing figures might be high, but that is down to fights being broadcast free to air rather than ppv or subscription.

Given this, the broader appeal and prestige of the heavyweight division makes it far more lucrative as a whole. I cant think why else any Eastern based cruiser (Adamek for instance) would bother going up to heavyweight and fighting the likes of Arreola/Grant/Golota when he could sit comfortably making millions in cruiserweight against easier opposition?

I know you might say that Huck has bags of self belief and believes he can beat a Klitschko but realistically, even an armchair fan would know his chances are basically zero. Certainly his trainer/manager/promoters would have to recognise this. He hasnt even established himself as the top cruiserweight to any strong degree. A knock out loss to Cuningham and highly contentious SD win over Lebedev is a very weak platform to convince anyone he has even a punchers chance against a Klitschko. The primary reason I can see him challenging is only for the money involved.

I would certainly accept that cruisers based in Germany make better money than their counterparts elsewhere given thats where its most popular but as a division overall I wouldnt think that the money on offer can match fights up at heavyweight, even taking the contender end of big fights like against the Klitschkos.

Last edited by manos de piedra on Mon 24 Oct 2011, 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 24 Oct 2011, 5:14 pm

I really can't think what planet Marco Huck is on if he thinks he's basically "done it" at cruiserweight.

He is only regarded no.1 on the basis that Cunningham lost and he's a busy fighter. He got murdered against Cunningham, was beaten soundly by Lebedev (win via robbery) - the only two quality opponents he faced and it was pretty dodgy against Afolabi. He doesn't have a Cunninham win, Wlodarcyk, Tarver or Jones or any quality wins at all. Huck is a delusional bum and I hope he steps up to the plate so that the K bros can brutally torture him.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 24 Oct 2011, 5:41 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Yeah but what kind of purse is someobody like Huck actually getting per fight?

My understanding of the cruiserweight division is that whilst its popular in Germany, or at least far more popular there than elsewhere, its not neccessarily particualrly lucrative as a result. Its basically niche. Viewing figures might be high, but that is down to fights being broadcast free to air rather than ppv or subscription.

Given this, the broader appeal and prestige of the heavyweight division makes it far more lucrative as a whole. I cant think why else any Eastern based cruiser (Adamek for instance) would bother going up to heavyweight and fighting the likes of Arreola/Grant/Golota when he could sit comfortably making millions in cruiserweight against easier opposition?

I know you might say that Huck has bags of self belief and believes he can beat a Klitschko but realistically, even an armchair fan would know his chances are basically zero. Certainly his trainer/manager/promoters would have to recognise this. He hasnt even established himself as the top cruiserweight to any strong degree. A knock out loss to Cuningham and highly contentious SD win over Lebedev is a very weak platform to convince anyone he has even a punchers chance against a Klitschko. The primary reason I can see him challenging is only for the money involved.

I would certainly accept that cruisers based in Germany make better money than their counterparts elsewhere given thats where its most popular but as a division overall I wouldnt think that the money on offer can match fights up at heavyweight, even taking the contender end of big fights like against the Klitschkos.

again not saying that he wouldnt end up getting more money fighting a klit but the basis of what im saying is he wont make that much more money with the fact that he reportedly offered less than a million to david haye before david had become champion. which david obviously would have said no to and has later said the contract was peanuts. huck is a big attraction in germany and although his fights are free the viewers he generates mean advertising is expensive and germans view boxing rather different to us. usually adverts become significantly more expensive when the main event starts due to it being at its peak time thats what happens on terrestrial fights in uk and us but in germany the figures are consistently high at nearly all times during the event maximising the amount of money made on free to air fights meaning they make a shedload more. team sauerland are making an absolute killing over there.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 24 Oct 2011, 6:24 pm

In the simplest terms I think that heavyweight is just the more lucrative financial option than to cruiserweight in general. That is what my point is. I unerstand that it is popular in Germany and fighters like Huck have a following there. But it is a niche division and very much less of a deal than the heavyweights.

Huck could defend his WBO in Germany and have plenty of Germans tune in on RTL but the fight would hardly ake a wave elsewhere. Consider ifHuck were to move to heavyweight and fight someone like Arreola for instance. He retains his German fans and also opens up a door to America and the rest of the world in a division thats a far bigger deal. Its far more financially lucrative, although obviously more risky.

The German population may be interested in the cruiserweights but heavyweight is still a bigger deal there and moreso elsewhere which is why there is more money in it. The ambition for someone like Huck would be to bring his German following with him to heavyweight and fight some names that are known worldwide in a more widely covered division.

Sure, he can make money at cruiserweight but ultimately not nearly as much as at heavyweight is what my guess is. He might get a million for arguments sake fighting a Klitschko which at a guess I would say is far in excess of what he would get for a cruiserweight fight, but again significantly less winnable.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Mon 24 Oct 2011, 6:39 pm

Huck is full of it calling out Klichko the guy cant even beat top cruiserweights he robbed Lebdev and got knocked out by Cunningham how can he think he can beat Klichko lol? I reckon he is trying to make a name for hmself he is unknown outside Germany and I think he is trying to get the rest of the world interested in him but tbh he is pretty average Haye would have destroyed this guy. He should stay in cruiserweight and try to unify there.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 24 Oct 2011, 7:20 pm

manos de piedra wrote:In the simplest terms I think that heavyweight is just the more lucrative financial option than to cruiserweight in general. That is what my point is. I unerstand that it is popular in Germany and fighters like Huck have a following there. But it is a niche division and very much less of a deal than the heavyweights.

Huck could defend his WBO in Germany and have plenty of Germans tune in on RTL but the fight would hardly ake a wave elsewhere. Consider ifHuck were to move to heavyweight and fight someone like Arreola for instance. He retains his German fans and also opens up a door to America and the rest of the world in a division thats a far bigger deal. Its far more financially lucrative, although obviously more risky.

The German population may be interested in the cruiserweights but heavyweight is still a bigger deal there and moreso elsewhere which is why there is more money in it. The ambition for someone like Huck would be to bring his German following with him to heavyweight and fight some names that are known worldwide in a more widely covered division.

Sure, he can make money at cruiserweight but ultimately not nearly as much as at heavyweight is what my guess is. He might get a million for arguments sake fighting a Klitschko which at a guess I would say is far in excess of what he would get for a cruiserweight fight, but again significantly less winnable.

jesus manos what are you a lawyer!!??

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoffSnapes Wed 26 Oct 2011, 10:20 am

Much much too small, and not as good as Adamek. Loses by KO to both Klits as well other HW contenders.

Fighting Fit

GeoffSnapes

http://www.konkura.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down