The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

***Saturday Tipping Competition - Saturday March 5th***

5 posters

Go down

***Saturday Tipping Competition - Saturday March 5th*** Empty ***Saturday Tipping Competition - Saturday March 5th***

Post by Grahame1971 Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:44 pm

Hi All,

Here we go again for this Saturdays Tipping Competition. Some competitive racing taking place this weekend with the highlight being the Grade 3 Greatwood Gold Cup over 2 1/2 Miles at Newbury. I've decided that we will keep the same format as last weekend and again concentrate on the Channel Four televised races from Newbury and Doncaster. If we use the same format for points scoring, with each of us selecting a Nap & Next Best as our fancied selections. The rules are below and again, if you need a link to the cards then they are posed at the bottom of this page -

The Rules

Select One Horse In Each Of The Televised Races - Links to the cards are below
The Races Are - 1.55, 2.25, 3.00 and 3.35 from Newbury & 2.10 and 3.15 from Doncaster - You Must Nominate A Nap & A Next Best
Any Non Runners Selected - Will Revert To Favourite Unless Changed Prior To Start Of First Race

Points Scoring

You Have 4 Points To Bet On Your Nap - This Can Be Placed As Either 4Pts Win or 2Pts Each Way
You Have 3 Points To Bet On Your Next Best - This Can Be Placed As Either 3Pts or 1.5Pts Each Way
You Have 2 Points To Bet On Each Of Your Remaining Selections - These Can Be Placed Either As 2pts Win or 1pt Each Way
All Returns Will Be Settled At The Returned S.P.
Any Place (Each Way) Returns Will Be Calcualted As Per Bookmakers Standard Terms (1/4 or 1/5 Odds Depending On Runners etc)
The Winner Will Be The Person With The Most Points After The Final Race
If You Do Not Specify Your Stake To Be Win or Each Way, It Will Automatically Be Placed As Win

Links To The Cards

http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards/card.sd?race_id=524114&r_date=2011-03-05
http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards/card.sd?race_id=524095&r_date=2011-03-05
http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards/card.sd?race_id=524133&r_date=2011-03-05
http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards/card.sd?race_id=524115&r_date=2011-03-05
http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards/card.sd?race_id=524097&r_date=2011-03-05
http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards/card.sd?race_id=524116&r_date=2011-03-05

Racingnut was victorious last week, finding a stunning 16/1 winner ..... Enigma has vowed to win back his crown from the previous week .... And i'm determined not to finish last ... Again !!!!!!

If anybody has any questions feel free to shout .... Otherwise, let the battle commence !!!!!

Good Luck to everyone who takes part ... Remember to spread the word to see if we can get as many people taking part as possible.

Cheers thumbsup

[u]

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

***Saturday Tipping Competition - Saturday March 5th*** Empty Re: ***Saturday Tipping Competition - Saturday March 5th***

Post by Solerina Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:23 pm

Newbury 1.55 - Warne's Way- 1 point each way

Doncaster 2.10- Always Waining- 1 point each way

Newbury 2.25-Eric's Charm- nap - 4 points win

Newbury 3.00-Panjo Bere-next best-3 points win

Doncaster 3.15-Beat The Boys- 2 points win

Newbury 3.35-Ellerslie Tom - 2 points win.

Thanks for putting this up in good time Grahame.
I thought I might have to miss the comp this week as I'm off to work shortly and won't be back till tomorrow afternoon.

Come on folks get your entries in.........don't be shy Very Happy

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

***Saturday Tipping Competition - Saturday March 5th*** Empty Re: ***Saturday Tipping Competition - Saturday March 5th***

Post by steveo77 Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:59 pm

ok I am definitely in this week.

will have a look at the cards later and post in the morning

8)

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by theenigmathatisTIDALBAY Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:04 pm

right then lets see if i can regain the crown shall we Very Happy

1.55 newbury - saint are - 1pt e/w
2.10 doncaster - Awesome Freddie - 1pt e/w
2.25 newbury - the sawyer - 4pts (nap)
3.00 newbury - swing bill - 1pt e/w
3.15 doncaster - character building - 1.5pts e/w (next best)
3.35 newbury - meridan city - 1pt e/w

crikey , that was pretty difficult this week. i dont really see myself as much of an each way thief so cant say im too optimistic.

theenigmathatisTIDALBAY

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:15 pm

1.55 New Credit Crunched 2pts
2.10 Don Five Star Wilsham 2pts
2.25 New Magic Sky 2pts
3.00 New Tail Of The Bank 2pts
3.15 Don Character Building 4pts
3.35 New Via Galilei 3pts

Good luck to all,especially me Ok!

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:05 am

1.55 Saint Are 2pts
2.10 Mac Aeda 1pt ew
2.25 Cornish Sett 1.5pts ew
3.00 Fine Parchment 1pt ew
3.15 Ogee 4pts
3.35 Made in time 2pts

Very Happy

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by Grahame1971 Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:56 am

Ok, Here we go with todays six to avoid .... Apologies as i think i've turned into an 'Each Way Thief' -

155 Newbury - Not Til Monday 1pt Each Way
210 Doncaster - Bellflower Boy 1pt Each Way
225 Newbury - Erics Charm (NEXT BEST) 3pts Win
300 Newbury - Take The Breeze (NAP) 2pts Each Way laughing
315 Doncaster - Meanus Dandy 2pts Win
335 Newbury - Pateese 2pts Win

Good Luck To Everyone Taking Part thumbsup

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:59 pm

No winners for me today Rolling Eyes

I rushed making my selections this week, I did it in about 5 mins lol.

One of mine went off at 40/1!...........I think I need to change my system as the one I'm using at the moment isn't working very well.

I do actually have a system lol

Well I hope the rest of you did better than me.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:44 pm

Didnt have a bet ...again, but it wouldnt have mattered if id lost or won a fortune because to see an old warrior like Erics Charm met his maker in the way he did was truly awful. Sad

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:08 pm

racingnut wrote:Didnt have a bet ...again, but it wouldnt have mattered if id lost or won a fortune because to see an old warrior like Erics Charm met his maker in the way he did was truly awful. Sad

I know, racingnut, truly horrible to see.

He was going to be retired after Sandown next month, it's just so sad.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:18 pm

It seems that we are posting these comments on horses dying very public deaths with monotonous regularity over the past few weeks.Not good. Crying or Very sad

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:27 pm

racingnut wrote:It seems that we are posting these comments on horses dying very public deaths with monotonous regularity over the past few weeks.Not good. Crying or Very sad

Yes.........a lot of high profile fatalities these last few weeks.

It's no less tragic when a less well known horse dies but when it happens to one that we've followed season after season, especially such a brave old warrior as EC, it hurts that much more when we lose them.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Couldnt agree more,doesnt matter if its a selling plater or a Derby winner.Ive been unlucky enough to have lost two that i was involved with,one was Cheltenham festival winner,the other a home bred 2yo filly who was plating class but they both hurt just the same.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Grahame1971 Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:12 pm

I'll echo the senitments of the comments above, horrible to see the fatal injuries to both Erics Charm & Karky Schultz, for some reason every Saturday we seem to be talking about losing horses and unfortunately too many 'old favourites' are not making it too the retirements they so very much deserve. I know it's part of the sport that cannot be avoided, but it still something that no lover of Horse Racing and Horses themselves wants to witness.

Below are the results of todays competition .... Some excellent winners pinpointed, by both Steve077 and also the eventual winner Racingnut, who retains his crown in spectacular fashion finding Five Star Wilsham and also Via Galilei, who incidentally was highlighted as his Next Best.

Final Standings

Racingnut - 38 Pts king
Steve077 - 17 Pts Very Happy
Enigma - 7.125 Pts Smile
Grahame - 4.5 Pts Crying or Very sad
Solerina - 0 Pts Doh

Thanks all for taking part this week .... We'll do it all again next Saturday, hopefully we'll see a happier days racing.

Cheers

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:45 pm

Thanks very much Grahame.................you're a star!

So I'm the only one with no points......but that's cool......I'm dealing with it......I'll be fine.

Congrats to racingnut.

And yes......let's hope we have a happier day's racing next week.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Grahame1971 Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:01 pm

Solerina wrote:
So I'm the only one with no points......but that's cool......I'm dealing with it......I'll be fine.

Oh Solerina, Don't worry, You're amongst friends and well help you through this very difficult period ... We're only the tap of a keyboard away if you need to talk Hug

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by theenigmathatisTIDALBAY Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:03 pm

completely agree with everything said above. apart from last saturday it seems bad news every saturday. seemed to lose interest in the racing today after erics charms death

theenigmathatisTIDALBAY

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:24 pm

Grahame1971 wrote:
Solerina wrote:

Oh Solerina, Don't worry, You're amongst friends and well help you through this very difficult period ... We're only the tap of a keyboard away if you need to talk Hug

Thanks Grahame.....that's awfully kind of you........I think my system for picking horses needs a rethink.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Grahame1971 Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:35 pm

Ha, You and me both Solerina. I'm not sure my system ever worked for picking winners in the first place ..... I reckon that next week if we wait right until the last minute and copy everything Racingnut & Steve077 pick and mix them up between us, we're bound to get more points ...... Sounds like a plan, Don't tell them !!! censored

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:53 pm

Grahame1971 wrote:Ha, You and me both Solerina. I'm not sure my system ever worked for picking winners in the first place ..... I reckon that next week if we wait right until the last minute and copy everything Racingnut & Steve077 pick and mix them up between us, we're bound to get more points ...... Sounds like a plan, Don't tell them !!! censored

Lol! Yes.........that's my trouble I put my entries in before I look at everyone else's!

But honestly.........Always Waining........I ask you........I must have had a bang on the head when I picked him!

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:51 pm

Dont start following what i put up,youll end up like Oliver Twist, in the poor house!
I dont have a system as such,particularly over the jumps its more of knowing when the conditions are right for certain horses.Only so called system i use for NH is i look for hurdlers that hit the front just before or at the last and then show a turn of foot(this is a very potent weapon in any class of race),i write down the conditions,ground,trip,rating,course then when these conditions repeat or come close to repeating themselves i may have a bet but only if the odds are right.
On the flat ive had much more success with a "system".7 to 10 furlong handicaps only.Horses that strike the front at or just inside the furlong pole and quicken,not just stay on but actually quicken away.As before,write down the conditions and when they repeat or come close to repeating get your betting boots on,however if when the conditions are right and the horse doesnt deliver you must immediately drop him from your list.This system requires a lot of legwork and you can go ages without a bet but i made it work big style when i had the time and inclination. The best recent example of a system flat horse would be EVEREST,trained by Brian Ellison,a stiff straight mile on decent ground off a mark around 80,he won me shed loads.
With the Festival in mind you would think that i would be all over Hurricane Fly as he seems to fit the bill as a system horse but i think that the course with its stiff uphill drag from the last can nulify any advantage in having a turn of foot .
Hope i havent bored you too much Rolling Eyes

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:36 pm

racingnut wrote:Dont start following what i put up,youll end up like Oliver Twist, in the poor house!

Haha......no I won't racingnut.....coz I've never had a bet in my life........not ever! Strange but perfectly true Very Happy

Very interesting post you've made there...........maybe we could start a thread titled " Horse Racing Systems" .

It might generate some interesting chat.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down