The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sting

4 posters

Go down

Sting Empty Sting

Post by ADMIN Fri 04 Mar 2011, 2:15 pm

It began just under a month ago, With an eerie promo of a deserted house, on a dark and rainy night. Heavy footsteps slowly crept up to the house, and several distorted faces reflected through the rainy window...or so we thought. At the end, a date singed the screen..2-21-11.

For weeks rumors had raced throughout the internet saying that the legendary Sting was finally comming to the WWE to face the Undertaker in an epic battle at WrestleMania. Newspapers like the New York Times had even joined in saying that Sting had signed in with WWE, and to top things off he was removed from TNA's roster, only adding more fuel to the fire. Finally it was nothing more than smoke and mirrors, as The Undertaker came out, and his opponent would be non-other than HHH.

This past week on TNA they had a very similar promo of a man walking up a set of steps in a stormy night (you can see where this is heading) where a date is lit up by lightning..3-3-11. (well at least TNA is not making us wait.) You can easily guess by the promo..and all the news reports that it's Sting. The Question is did Sting make the right decision in staying with TNA? (To View both The WWE and TNA Promos in one package click here)

Earlier today I came across a certain blog. Partially of out curiosity and the rest of it was out of sheer boredom..there wasn't much news out there today, I decided to give it a look over. This person, who I won't even name said that Sting chose a "forgettable career" over a "legendary career in WWE". Maybe this person was dropped on his head a few times at birth, where he left out WHY Sting said he would never work for the WWE.

Many years ago Steve Borden (aka Sting) did try out for the WWF. But Vince McMahon turned him and his character away saying his character was not sell-able. This was back in the days when he was "Beach Sting" and went to work in the NWA, and WCW. If Sting had taken Vice's advice, we would NEVER have the sting we would have today! Sting then vowed never to work in the WWF/WWE. He has only worked for the WWE for one single day, and that was the day the WWE bought WCW. However he never set foot in an offical WWE ring.

Now some may feel that Sting should have buried the hatchet and made peace with the WWE. Do I think that Sting deserves to be in the WWE Hall of Fame? Absolutly! the WWE has no problems selling DVD's with his name on it from the WCW days, and the WWE has also inducted plenty of wrestlers who have never set foot in a WWF/WWe ring. Sting should be no different. They have no problems raking in the cash while he's in TNA, they should induct him while he's in TNA...but we all know they wont.

As Far as the "dream match" at WrestleMania with The Undertaker is concerned, Why should he take a big paycheck, just to be The Undertaker's bitch? Isn't Sting worth more than that? I certainly think so...and apparently Sting thinks so to. And if this "Idiot" thinks that Sting can't influence kids from TNA, then you don't know a single thing about wrestling at all. TNA is nowhere as big as WWE, I'll grant you that, but it has it's followers. And Sting himself has his own reputation...wether you knew that or not. To be honest when I read this jack off's blog, it sounded like he was just one of those guys who was expecting sting to show up, then got peed when he went the other way.

My Opnion: Yeah it would have been a great dream match at WrestleMania, but in the end, we all know who's gonna win...The Undertaker. (let me give you all a hint Taker's gonna beat HHH too) The WWE isn't gonna give Sting a title shot, certainly won't give him a title reign. The WWE will work him like a dog, and have the younger stars treat him like a stepping stone. In the end They'll make a DVD for 24 bucks give him a ring and a watch, and a boot out the door. Gee let me think about that one for a sec.....nah I'll stick with my pride and the buisness that treats me right.

This is taken from a blog on http://www.thewrestlegamershow.com/

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Sting Empty Re: Sting

Post by theanimal316 Fri 04 Mar 2011, 2:27 pm

nice to see someone with such strong principles as sting. i personally wouldn't want him to join WWE as it would add nothing to his legacy at this stage of his career. Regarding the promos, i was surprised sting went along with TNAs decision to make these. It just makes Sting look like a poor man's Undertaker

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 04 Mar 2011, 5:01 pm

Something similar was brought up about Flair. Where would you rather end your career? In a retirement match against HBK at wrestle mania or in TNA jobbing to Jay Lethal? I know I would have walked away after Mania and never gone back. I guess the author of that blog felt that TNA is not the right platform to end his career on and I would partially agree with that. I think Sting needs to make a decision. He's in his early 50s so doesn't have too long left; if he's going to retire he should just retire like HBK and the Rock did not keep coming back like Flair.

I would love to see Sting end his career in the WWE but I very much doubt that is going to happen. I just hope he finishes on his terms and with his dignity.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by randy-poffo Fri 04 Mar 2011, 5:24 pm

Always been a massive sting fan and would have loved to have seen him in a WWE ring but it's not to be.
I'm glad he is going to return to TNA and look forward to seing him next week.

I bet the some of the same people who were hoping for sting going to the WWE are now classing him as to old and is going to tarnish his career by going back to TNA.

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down