The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has Djokovic got the X Factor?

+18
lags72
Manojchandra
barrystar
droogle
lydian
sirfredperry
HM Murdock
Jahu
mthierry
Positively 4th Street
legendkillar
time please
break_in_the_fifth
bogbrush
eraldeen
Marcus
noleisthebest
Tenez
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Has Djokovic got the X Factor?  - Page 3 Empty Has Djokovic got the X Factor?

Post by Tenez Thu 27 Oct 2011, 6:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Is Djokovic a really popular player?

Sure we have NITB and Socal here plus the anti-Feds and Anti-Nadals who rejoice at Djokovic's success. But what about the popularity of the player himself?

Has he got the loveable, wild, charismatic personality and/or game to attract the masses like Nadal and Federer did? Will he have the special treatment from tournament directors and media that his 2 main competitors had?

We could ask the same question if Murray were to become world number one.

Has Djoko got the X faxtor?

My answer is that he is trying...not sure he has it though.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Has Djokovic got the X Factor?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Has Djokovic got the X Factor?

Post by lydian Thu 24 Nov 2011, 9:16 pm

lol, true lags
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Has Djokovic got the X Factor?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Has Djokovic got the X Factor?

Post by wow Thu 24 Nov 2011, 10:11 pm

On the contrary I think Djoko has more charisma than fed and nadal but only thing which has not prompted me to like his facebook page is the fact that I am a die hard federer fan. And sooner or later I might like his fb page as well.

Novak brings a lot to tennis court, I credit him with saving tennis as he broke the invincibilty of Nadal's monotonous game.
SO for me Djoko does have X factor.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Thu 24 Nov 2011, 11:46 pm

carrieg4 wrote:
coolpixel wrote:"Personally I think SC engineers it and then uses it to his own ends"

interesting discussion on here. i think pop singers can be manufactured anywhere and with any kind of raw material that can sing - given the infrastructure that goes into making a pop singer.

so, i dont think there is any presence factor that SC identifies. so long as the participants can sing, he looks for a certain image that he thinks can be sold and the participant can be moulded into. that's not really presence.

you think olly murs has presence? and that eminently forgettable guy before him?

hell, the Jedward twins had a much better thing going and still do, than most of the finalists.

the only genuine talent SC has identified out of that show has been Leona Lewis.

Agreed Coolpixel, that is what I meant. Should have used the word creates rather than engineers.

I wouldn't disagree with the last, but appeal is very different from talent. Jedward (odd as they may be) clearly have touched something with the public (not sane bods like wot we have on here maybe, but other peeps seem to have bought into them wholesale) - you think that was a lucky accident? SC knows his market.

I do agree that charisma is subjective, but there are clearly some people/performers/sportsmen who don't possess it, expect perhaps to their mothers.

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Thu 24 Nov 2011, 11:53 pm

Jedward (odd as they may be) clearly have touched something with the public
Well they are Catholic, touching may be in their blood. (Joke)
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3