The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V2 WCC- The Knockout Stages- The Last 16

+21
Dx Dan.
Lex-Express
Samo
psycho-gooner
Stonee21
Kay Fabe
Mort
Danny Balboa 316
sodhat
liverbnz
Mr H
Dr Gregory House MD
more_awesome_than_a_ri
Sara
JoshSansom
MIG
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
steveo1986
Gregers
Desmond Wolfe
MtotheC
25 posters

Go down

Please vote for the wrestler you rate the highest

V2 WCC- The Knockout Stages- The Last 16 Vote_lcap60%V2 WCC- The Knockout Stages- The Last 16 Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 35 ]
V2 WCC- The Knockout Stages- The Last 16 Vote_lcap40%V2 WCC- The Knockout Stages- The Last 16 Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 23 ]

Total Votes : 58

V2 WCC- The Knockout Stages- The Last 16 Empty V2 WCC- The Knockout Stages- The Last 16

Post by MtotheC Wed 02 Nov 2011, 11:22 am

The Knockout stages are upon us and we are now left with the highest rated 16 wrestlers in the business today, please vote for the wrestler you rate the highest and the winner will progress to the last 8.

Please try to leave a comment as to why you voted

Apologies for no V2 WCC yesterday i broke a bone in my foot at power league (5-a-side) on monday night and spent most of yesterday morning and afternoon in A&E.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

V2 WCC- The Knockout Stages- The Last 16 Empty Re: V2 WCC- The Knockout Stages- The Last 16

Post by Desmond Wolfe Wed 02 Nov 2011, 11:26 am

I went for the deadman, Orton's okay but not on the same level as Taker IMO

Desmond Wolfe

Back to top Go down

V2 WCC- The Knockout Stages- The Last 16 Empty Re: V2 WCC- The Knockout Stages- The Last 16

Post by Gregers Wed 02 Nov 2011, 11:32 am

Orton just for me.

Taker has always and will always be one of my favourite wrestlers but Randy is at the peak of his career so just edges it for me.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo1986 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 11:40 am

The undertaker for me, one of my favourites of all time

steveo1986

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 02 Nov 2011, 11:44 am

Orton for me.

It's a disgrace Taker has got this far. How many matches in the last year? 1 is it?

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed 02 Nov 2011, 11:53 am

I really like Undertaker and he has the best gimmick in wrestling history imo. Lets face it he will go down as one of the best ever. But, he is at the end of his career now and it looks very much like he will be doing 1 match per year at mania from now on, and we're not even sure how long that will last.
Orton I've liked ever since Evolution days and imo he has just got better and better and better. He is at the top of his game, I think he does well as both face and heel and his in ring work is much improved.

For these reasons I vote Orton.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 02 Nov 2011, 11:59 am

I went for Orton because he is the more active at the moment and excellent in the ring. I also didn't rate Taker v HHH this year, it was just a spot fest with a bunch of rest breaks in it.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Nov 2011, 12:20 pm

Gotta love the poll saying Rand

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Nov 2011, 12:21 pm

I voted Rand as I never really get the Undertaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Wed 02 Nov 2011, 12:22 pm

I voted for Randy

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by more_awesome_than_a_ri Wed 02 Nov 2011, 12:30 pm

Voted for Randall.

A few years ago it would have been different, but as said above, Randy is at his peak right now and Taker has been seen once in a year.

more_awesome_than_a_ri

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:01 pm

Given Im picking on recent form it had to be Orton, he is in the form of his life right now and is among the best workers in the WWE (if not all of wrestling) at this moment in time, Undertaker as has been said before is a true legend but post HBK at mania 26 he has only produced one match that has risen above passable against HHH at mania 27 and even that was more to do with the epic atmosphere it generated rather than the quality of the in-ring action

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:22 pm

Very tough decision. Nobody will ever make a gimmick remain relevant over 20 years like The Undertaker has. But you could also view that as a negative as he hasnt taken any risks with his character and has always stayed in his comfort zone. Ok the American Badass character showed diversity but generally i think it sucked and he slipped back into Deadman mode. Taker has always been in the main event scene since day one and has pretty much had his career put infront of him on a plate.

Orton on the other hand has worked his way up from mid card and proved himself to be a legitimate main eventer. Excellent in ring psychology, massively improved technically too in my opinion after previously being known as Mr Resthold. Backstage politicking has also helped Orton to a degree though.

So for that reason i vote for CM Punk.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:23 pm

Only joking i voted for Orton.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:25 pm

So is this vote for who is currently the best or who one rates the highest in general?

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:26 pm

Would you believe it's 15-15?

This is what polls were made for.

This and putting up tents

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:27 pm

liverbnz wrote:So is this vote for who is currently the best or who one rates the highest in general?

I suppose that's down to your interpretation. I have always gone for the one I rate highest, and that includes past achievement, present performance and future potential... It's tricky to split them sometimes.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:29 pm

liverbnz wrote:So is this vote for who is currently the best or who one rates the highest in general?

It's pretty ambiguous tbh biz, i've been voting on current form in the spirit of the old 606 WWC's

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:29 pm

Electric Demon wrote:Would you believe it's 15-15?

This is what polls were made for.

This and putting up tents

And for increasing unemployment figures.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Balboa 316 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:30 pm

Like many others i believe the Undertaker is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time...however he has clearly had his day...for this reason i voted Orton

Danny Balboa 316

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:39 pm

sodhat wrote:

I suppose that's down to your interpretation. I have always gone for the one I rate highest, and that includes past achievement, present performance and future potential... It's tricky to split them sometimes.

In that case it's Undertaker for me. Orton still bores me. Less now than before, but I have no urge to wanna watch his matches. (I know some will find that ironic with their current UT opinions). He lacks that something that I can't quite put my finger on. It's the same way I feel about Chris Jericho.

Maybe I just don't get it. *shrugs*

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mort Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:44 pm

People will vote in whatever way they see fit. My interpretation is that it is a "here and now" type of poll where you want to see who is the best currently and is just a snapshot.

For this reason, I have to go with Orton as Undertake just isn't active enough for me. Same goes in later rounds when Jericho and Batista are involved, I don't think at present either are at the top level.

Mort

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:47 pm

People talk about the here and the now but whos match will attract more interest at WrestleMania, Undertaker's or Orton's?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mort Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:50 pm

the-gaffer

It all depends on how each match is promoted. If it's Undertaker against Kane made a couple of weeks before Wrestlemania, then it won't be that big of a deal but if there is a lot of build up to a lets say Orton vs CM Punk match for the title then it could very well attract more attention.

Mort

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:52 pm

What if it's the same match?

Huh?

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 2:04 pm

Seriously it has to be Orton, Taker even though he is great is past it now. His match with HHH exposed the fact that he just can't go any more and I always felt that in his and Shawns last match that Michaels had to carry him quite a bit.

On Orton he is just getting better atm, he is an awesome heel and is well over as a face, his in ring work is brilliant right now and he is a draw. A man who wrestles 1 match a year simply can't make it through to the quarter finals of a tournament that was set up to decide who is/are the best active wrestlers in the world today.

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed 02 Nov 2011, 2:07 pm

If this was about who is the best of all time/past and present then surely people like Rock, Foley, Hogan, Savage, Jake Snake etc etc etc would be included? I see this as a current thing.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 02 Nov 2011, 2:18 pm

Mort wrote:the-gaffer

It all depends on how each match is promoted. If it's Undertaker against Kane made a couple of weeks before Wrestlemania, then it won't be that big of a deal but if there is a lot of build up to a lets say Orton vs CM Punk match for the title then it could very well attract more attention.

I think most people will know Taker's match will be extremely high profile and going on the last five WrestleMania's it will be against a major name

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 02 Nov 2011, 2:19 pm

It is interesting that the majority of the comments are votes for Orton, yet Taker is ahead in the actual poll....

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Wed 02 Nov 2011, 3:00 pm

Ever since Orton has turned face, his feuds have not been that engaging. Not once did he put Christian over cleanly and it'll probably happen with Cody too.

Receiving the ''Cena Treatment'' is hampering Orton

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Nov 2011, 3:16 pm

Has to be taker for me. Orton as a face is one of the dullest characters in the company

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 02 Nov 2011, 3:20 pm

I've got to disagree, I think his feud with Christian was extremely engaging, I never really understand why people thought or expected Christian to get a clean win, Christian was a very over face, he was still getting a lot of face reactions when they turned him, the last thing he needed was a clean win, that kind of thing gets you massive pops and respect, the exact opposite thing they where looking for

Christian was to be a dispicable sneaky cheat who would try every trick in the book to win the title, Personally I'd have had him retain it over Orton at least once but still he shouldn't have won cleanly, anyway, Orton's put Henry over clean three times now, he is a far different type of heel to Christian so him demolishinh Orton makes sense

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 02 Nov 2011, 4:03 pm

Didn't Mark Henry go over clean?

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 02 Nov 2011, 6:01 pm

Going clean over Cody will do absolutly nothing for neither Orton or Cody.

I voted for RKO though. Based purely on recent activity.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 02 Nov 2011, 6:33 pm

I don't agree Samo, I'm a big believer in the saying "You don't have to go over to get over"

Cody could look like an equal against Orton, as long as that happens it doesn't matter who wins, the more experianced bigger name and draw should almost always win early encounters, that experianced class should be enough to see them find a way for a win, gradually the younger guy finds ways around the obsticle

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Wed 02 Nov 2011, 7:49 pm

I went for Orton purely cos he has wrestled more than one match this year

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Wed 02 Nov 2011, 8:31 pm

But can Cody move onto main event level if he can't manage to get a win over Orton? Winning dirty in 1/3-4 PPV matches will hardly do much for Cody. Not as if it did anything for Christians career

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 02 Nov 2011, 8:42 pm

Cody is at the beginning of his career while Christian is nearing the end, of course winning dirty will work for him, it's been working for bad guys since the beginning

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:13 pm

Orton without a doubt, it's a disgrace that Taker is going to win this.
Orton's at the peak of his career, exceptional in the ring, underated on the mic in my opinion, incredible intensity, and insanely over with the fans. He's been on fire this year and just keeps getting better, has really livened up Smackdown! Where as Taker has wrestled once in the last year, and is hardly relevant to the 'E anymore barring Mania time. Orton is also widely regarded as the second biggest face in the 'E, how he won't be in the last 8 is beyond me.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:01 pm

Taker for me, I'd rather watch his 1 match a year than Ortons 60 odd.

For me comparing Orton and all the tools he was given (best finisher in wrestling, youngest ever champ, his gimmicks, 3rd gen superstar) compared to the previous guys to get similar pushes (The Rock, Lesnar) he his miles behind.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:06 pm

The problem with this poll is in the question 'who do you rate higher?'.... That's a pretty vague question. It's not who's been the best over the last 12 months or 20 years.

I voted for the Undertaker.
He's the greatest gimmick in wrestling history.
He has remained relevant for 20 years
His one match a year is still the most important match in the company & is far far more important than any championship in the industry today
But then again I must be a disgrace

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:07 pm

Orton is also the guy who kills ratings as the World Champion be it on RAW or SmackDown! heel or face, seems like this vote is true to what most fans feel.

I'd also put Punk and Triple H well ahead of Orton in terms of being the top face

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:10 pm

I voted for 'Taker as I am always just bored of Orton, I think he doesn't work as a face at all. His matches are smooth and all that, but they flow a little too smoothly sometimes for me, they feel unnatural, and he very rarely cuts an interesting promo. His best run was with Triple H towards 'Mania 25 and I think before and after then he has struggled to create the same buzz.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:12 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I don't agree Samo, I'm a big believer in the saying "You don't have to go over to get over"

Never a truer word spoken... See Bret Hart vs Steve Austin Wrestlemania 13

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by paulscholes Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:16 pm

Undertaker my favorite of all time

paulscholes

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu 03 Nov 2011, 7:39 am

Brady12 wrote:The problem with this poll is in the question 'who do you rate higher?'.... That's a pretty vague question

This is the 25th poll of the competition and unfortunately I don't have the time to write out the rules or voting criteria on every vote. The intro and seeding threads stated that you should vote for your fav based on whatever criteria you think is more relevant weather it be draw, in ring ability, mic skills, championships, past achievement, whatever you want to take into account do it, and that way we will find out who is rated the highest. That was my original idea I wanted to establish who was the people's champion and why? that's why i always ask people to leave comments as to why they voted, the competition wasn't created to find the best ever or the best ATM it was to find out who the 606v2 voters rate the highest and why. So the problem isn't really in the question but your comprehension of it.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu 03 Nov 2011, 10:28 am

MtotheC wrote:
Brady12 wrote:The problem with this poll is in the question 'who do you rate higher?'.... That's a pretty vague question

This is the 25th poll of the competition and unfortunately I don't have the time to write out the rules or voting criteria on every vote. The intro and seeding threads stated that you should vote for your fav based on whatever criteria you think is more relevant weather it be draw, in ring ability, mic skills, championships, past achievement, whatever you want to take into account do it, and that way we will find out who is rated the highest. That was my original idea I wanted to establish who was the people's champion and why? that's why i always ask people to leave comments as to why they voted, the competition wasn't created to find the best ever or the best ATM it was to find out who the 606v2 voters rate the highest and why. So the problem isn't really in the question but your comprehension of it.

Hey pal not critising you in the slighest I read that at the start & thought fair enough... It's people who say 'Taker only has one match a year' I have the issue with. People are obviously not voting for him for his workrate in 2011

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down