The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is Divas wrestling....

5 posters

Go down

Why is Divas wrestling.... Empty Why is Divas wrestling....

Post by Guest Wed 02 Nov 2011, 12:28 pm

So rubbish in the WWE.

I mean I watch both TNA and WWE (preferring TNA) but the women in TNA are just all round better wrestlers compared to the WWE. The WWE divas are truly awful in comparison.

Any ideas why?

Back to top Go down

Why is Divas wrestling.... Empty Re: Why is Divas wrestling....

Post by MIG Wed 02 Nov 2011, 12:44 pm

Because they are employed for their looks over their wrestling ability?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Nov 2011, 12:50 pm

Should that be the case? As they are wrestlers... anyway Kelly Kelly looks like her face has been repeatedly run over by a monster truck!

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 02 Nov 2011, 12:58 pm

Diva's, as the name suggests, are purely there for their looks. They are eye candy first, wrestlers tenth (or lower).

In WWE-TNA land they should only be employed as valets or managers (for wrestlers who are rubbish on the mic)

That is not to say women can't wrestler well. In Japan, it is a big thing and also very respected. The policy there is you need to learn how to wrestle - having fake jubblies will get you nowhere.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:25 pm

Unfair on TNA Twist, while I still don't have much time for it at least their women can wrestle and they give them plenty of stories

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:33 pm

Ok, maybe that just goes for WWE.

On a respect level (in regards to what they are actually there for), I am not sure that the TNA leaders think that differently from their WWE counterparts.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:41 pm

Sex sells though, always has always will, remember SummerSlam88? Even Miss Elizabeth whipped her skirt off

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:46 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Sex sells though, always has always will, remember SummerSlam88? Even Miss Elizabeth whipped her skirt off

Do I ever.......*ahem*

As blunt as it sounds most people could not care less if Divas had matches. If it was used as an occasional thing then maybe it would be better. But, as far as WWE goes, dire match after match just makes the Diva division a laughing stock. Like gaff says, sex sells. Just keep it outside the ring

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:53 pm

xTwisTx wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:Sex sells though, always has always will, remember SummerSlam88? Even Miss Elizabeth whipped her skirt off

Do I ever.......*ahem*

As blunt as it sounds most people could not care less if Divas had matches. If it was used as an occasional thing then maybe it would be better. But, as far as WWE goes, dire match after match just makes the Diva division a laughing stock. Like gaff says, sex sells. Just keep it outside the ring

Thats only true due to the way they have been portrayed on TV.

When Kong vs Kim was going on at TNA, it main evented. It was a fantastic feud and believable. Thank god she has gone back.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 02 Nov 2011, 2:08 pm

I Think a major part of the problem is how creative use them.

Gail Kim & Natayla can both wrestle, yet they only seemed to be used in battle royals or 6 women tag matches. Meanwhile Kelly Kelly, The Bellas, Eve Torres (all though to be fair to her she does seem to be getting slightly better), are always on screne, and used in storylines, even though they are useless.
It's no wonder Gail went back to TNA.

Everytime i see one of the divas matches, it makes me think back to the days of Trish, Mickie James, Victoria, Molly Holly, Lita etc and wonder why WWE changed it's attitude towards womens wrestling.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 02 Nov 2011, 2:21 pm

Bearing all this mind.....

When Kong comes back when she has had her baby, how are WWE going to use her? Bearing in mind their track record. No offence to Kong, but she is not a typical WWE Diva is she?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 02 Nov 2011, 2:24 pm

I think you're seeing Kharma's xtory right now, Beth and Nattie are being built as these superstrong badass bitches who want to rid the WWE of the Barbie type Diva, now they are beginning to be dominant I think and hope that will continue until Kharma comes back

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down