The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What boxer would you like to see a movie about??

+22
Pedro147
John Bloody Wayne
The Galveston Giant
Atila
Valero's Conscience
HumanWindmill
BallchinianMuffwig
bhb001
Scottrf
BALTIMORA
Mind the windows Tino.
ONETWOFOREVER
Nico the gman
TopHat24/7
Rowley
AlexHuckerby
88Chris05
6oldenbhoy
manos de piedra
Day V Lately
tcribb
Waingro
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which of these would be best to make a movie about??

What boxer would you like to see a movie about?? Vote_lcap53%What boxer would you like to see a movie about?? Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 10 ]
What boxer would you like to see a movie about?? Vote_lcap16%What boxer would you like to see a movie about?? Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]
What boxer would you like to see a movie about?? Vote_lcap0%What boxer would you like to see a movie about?? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What boxer would you like to see a movie about?? Vote_lcap5%What boxer would you like to see a movie about?? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
What boxer would you like to see a movie about?? Vote_lcap0%What boxer would you like to see a movie about?? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What boxer would you like to see a movie about?? Vote_lcap5%What boxer would you like to see a movie about?? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 19

What boxer would you like to see a movie about?? Empty What boxer would you like to see a movie about??

Post by Waingro Wed 02 Nov 2011, 7:27 pm

As we all know there have been some quality boxing movies. The Fighter was a recent one about Mickey Ward I really enjoyed it. But which boxers that are still boxing today do you think would make a good movie in the future? I have listed some figters that I think would be a good movie to make. If you think others would make a good movie feel free to list them but remember I mean only boxers still fighting now not ones retired.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

What boxer would you like to see a movie about?? Empty Re: What boxer would you like to see a movie about??

Post by Waingro Wed 02 Nov 2011, 7:32 pm

I picked Jones because I think he was one of the best of all time and his career would be interesting from the Olympics to why he stayed on fighting so long and while he was at his prime I think it would make a great film.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

What boxer would you like to see a movie about?? Empty Re: What boxer would you like to see a movie about??

Post by tcribb Wed 02 Nov 2011, 7:34 pm

None of the above you've listed Waingro.

Stanley Ketchel would make a terrific movie, considering we've had some guff about Mickey Ward with a famed finale of knocking Shea Neary out, about time some movie makers made a proper boxing film.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by Day V Lately Wed 02 Nov 2011, 7:37 pm

Agree with tcribb, none of these really wet the appetite film wise, maybe a movie about Margerito would be the most interesting subject, with Cotto featuring of course.

I'd go for Johnny Tapia myself

Day V Lately

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 02 Nov 2011, 7:41 pm

Hopkins for me. Starting with his troubled youth, incarceration until his eventually record setting title win. I think it would be interesting subject matter about a genuine all time great. Mind you, Hopkins would probably want to play himself.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Wed 02 Nov 2011, 7:42 pm

Kell Brook.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Wed 02 Nov 2011, 7:44 pm

Seriously though it's Hopkins for me as well. No-one else on the list has a story that rivals his.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 8:06 pm

Froch's would be epic; his childhood story, culminating in the tragic tale of his stolen bike.

Toney's might be good. A lot of questions about his life which could be answered; how old was he when he had his first Burger King? What is his record for most burgers eaten in a single visit to Burger King? Does he regret trading in a chance of all-time greatness for a life-long supply of Burger King?

I'd pay to see a film about Valuev, too; where does he go to buy his giant, comedy-sized trousers? Is that chest hair real? When are the Russian government planning on releasing him back in to the wild?

To be honest, films about the boxers listed here wouldn't really get my blood pumping. In particular, I can imagine a Hollywood take on Pacquiao's life to be nigh-on vomit inducing, way too many 'against all the odds' and overplaying of his 'political greatness' in that one, I'd fear. If forced to pick, I'd agree that Hopkins, of the men listed, would have the most interesting story to tell.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Wed 02 Nov 2011, 8:12 pm

Having read Tapias book, day v lately that's a good shout mate. How about Jack Dempsey?

A hobo travelling from mining camp to mining camp as a teen and having bare knuckle fights beating the opponent half to death, become the face of boxing.

Still Ketchel for me an absolute nutcase of a man, who is rated by many as the greatest middle In history.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 02 Nov 2011, 8:13 pm

out of the lot i would go with hopkins.

i suppose mannys could be alright made it as an all time great from only making 2 dollars a fight to where he is now.

to be honest i dont really like boxing movies, its mainly because the boxing scenes are always unrealistic and daft.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Wed 02 Nov 2011, 8:14 pm

Aren't they making a film about Chuck Wepner?

I think we've all had enough of this real life Rocky rubbish, about time film writers take a different perspective on boxing stories.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 02 Nov 2011, 8:15 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Froch's would be epic; his childhood story, culminating in the tragic tale of his stolen bike.

Toney's might be good. A lot of questions about his life which could be answered; how old was he when he had his first Burger King? What is his record for most burgers eaten in a single visit to Burger King? Does he regret trading in a chance of all-time greatness for a life-long supply of Burger King?

I'd pay to see a film about Valuev, too; where does he go to buy his giant, comedy-sized trousers? Is that chest hair real? When are the Russian government planning on releasing him back in to the wild?

To be honest, films about the boxers listed here wouldn't really get my blood pumping. In particular, I can imagine a Hollywood take on Pacquiao's life to be nigh-on vomit inducing, way too many 'against all the odds' and overplaying of his 'political greatness' in that one, I'd fear. If forced to pick, I'd agree that Hopkins, of the men listed, would have the most interesting story to tell.

that had me in stitches mate!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 02 Nov 2011, 8:30 pm

Can honestly say I would rather watch the whole of the Police Academy series back to back than watch a biography of any of those listed above.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 8:32 pm

Out of that list only Hopkins, about the only interesting/Hollywood story in there but the amount of boxing in it would be minimal given how dull a fighter he is, not exactly Ward, even if the film did have the typical hollywood inaccuracy.

Would second (third?) the Ketchel idea. Legend, nutter, and there's a good story around the Johnson fight to provide some controversy.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 02 Nov 2011, 8:41 pm

I think it depends on how well made the movie is first and foremost. The Fighter was well made I thought, though its not really a particularly outrageous story as boxers go. Basically about a limited guy with a dysfunctional family. But I still enjoyed it.

A similar approach to many of the guys on that list would produce some introducing films I think. Not everything has to be Hollywood rags to riches or over the top to make good viewing. I cold happily watch a more biographically style movie on any of those guys if it was well made and not too far fetched I think.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 02 Nov 2011, 8:59 pm

yeah if its a documentary style film i would be happy to watch!
hollywood movies... not really.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:02 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:yeah if its a documentary style film i would be happy to watch!
Agree Alex hollywood movies too far fetched.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:04 pm

What about a Salvador Sanchez film? Depending on the way they portray it, could be a really good watch.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:05 pm

Nico the gman wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:yeah if its a documentary style film i would be happy to watch!
Agree Alex hollywood movies too far fetched.
the fight scenes in rocky and the fighter etc. make me cringe.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:08 pm

alexis arguello could be interesting coming from the political minefield he came from.

im just shocked that waingro didnt put haye on the list!

im sure we would all love to see a 10 year old haye "beating up the bullies round the estate"

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:10 pm

I think Waingro is limiting us to active boxers here. Hence Haye, Hamed, Lewis and Hatton are nowhere to be found. It is a bit surprising Brook hasnt made the list though.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:20 pm

I did vote for Brook earlier Manos. The film could be titled, "Quality, imo"

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:23 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:alexis arguello could be interesting coming from the political minefield he came from.

im just shocked that waingro didnt put haye on the list!

im sure we would all love to see a 10 year old haye "beating up the bullies round the estate"
The great Arguello what a tragic end to that mans life big big fan gutted when I heard of his death,would be a good film doc the corrupt government he lived under and a gentleman outside the ring.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:38 pm

Without doubt Barney Ross. Incredible life. A hollywood action blockbuster, thriller, fantasy, drama, epic if ever there was.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:10 pm

onetwo perhaps a reenactment of your amazing life would be in order...
your incredible route from a 14 year old girl to a man that has been "trained to kill" would surely be a fascinating one!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:21 pm

I voted for Klichko because no-one else has and I felt sorry for him, or them, whatever he meant. I also love the way Waynegrow consistently spells their name wrong. I find it quite endearing.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:26 pm

theres already been a klitschko movie.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:49 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:theres already been a klitschko movie.

Never heard of it probably boring like they are lol

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:52 pm

Waingro wrote:

Pmslmao lol. It'd be like Rocky 4 seeing double, their quality imo.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 02 Nov 2011, 11:00 pm

Waingro wrote:
Heavyweight champion of the world, dating actresses and models, his life is probably less boring than most.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 02 Nov 2011, 11:38 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Waingro wrote:
Heavyweight champion of the world, dating actresses and models, his life is probably less boring than most.
already sounds a tad more exciting than mine...
wlads pretty good looking isnt he?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 03 Nov 2011, 6:21 am

I've always thought Hagler would have made a good subject. Blue collar hero and all that

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 03 Nov 2011, 8:27 am

bit of a moody so and so...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 03 Nov 2011, 8:56 am

Scottrf wrote:
Waingro wrote:

Assume you are excluding Coxy when you make such a statement

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 03 Nov 2011, 8:59 am

probably similar to coxys life to be fair. when i grow up i wanna be just like him.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Thu 03 Nov 2011, 11:20 am

There's already a Pacquiao movie. total flop and was made while he was still at SFW i think, but the comments about a Pac movie now being a total cringing hollywood pile of dog poop were pretty accurate.

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 03 Nov 2011, 11:21 am

Surprised to not see Holyfield on the list, given that he's still active.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 03 Nov 2011, 11:42 am

My serious answer would be Hopkins for obvious reasons.

For comical value I would like to see a Toney film to see the actor piling on the pounds to portray him at different stages of his career!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Thu 03 Nov 2011, 2:30 pm

How about a movie about Ricky Hatton. How he started out a poor, humble lad from a council estate and made it to the top while still being a normal lad?

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 03 Nov 2011, 2:30 pm

Atila wrote:How about a movie about Ricky Hatton. How he started out a poor, humble lad from a council estate and made it to the top while still being a normal lad?
vomit

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 03 Nov 2011, 2:33 pm

I've met Hatton, am available for a cameo if needed.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 03 Nov 2011, 2:47 pm

rowley wrote:I've met Hatton, am available for a cameo if needed.

Much call for miserable Yorkshiremen in movies these days?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 03 Nov 2011, 2:50 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Brian Glover has been dead some years, maybe a gap in the market?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 03 Nov 2011, 2:52 pm

rowley wrote:

He was, however, talented.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 03 Nov 2011, 2:58 pm

Think you're selling me short Tina, anyone fortunate enough to have seen my shepherd in my infant school nativity play would scoff at your suggestion I was lacking talent.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 03 Nov 2011, 3:00 pm

I was always the narrator. Not sure how to feel about that. It’s a big part, but think they weren’t impressed by my character acting.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 03 Nov 2011, 3:02 pm

Anyone can play the part of a shepherd. Now if you had said you were one of the wise men or Mary, I might have been impressed.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 03 Nov 2011, 3:04 pm

rowley wrote:

He was, however, talented.

jeff destroys Glover imo too much quality dont get me wrong Glover was good lol but things were different and Glover never played black Yorkshire guys so can we really say he was the best I don't think so lol.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 03 Nov 2011, 3:06 pm

clap

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 03 Nov 2011, 3:06 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Anyone can play the part of a shepherd. Now if you had said you were one of the wise men or Mary, I might have been impressed.

Think the chances of me being cast as a wise man are pretty slim to be honest. (cue inevitable mary jokes)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next