The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the aftermath of spot fixing convictions.....

+6
JDizzle
djlovesyou
Hoggy_Bear
Mad for Chelsea
Demon Racer
anu_d
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

In the aftermath of spot fixing convictions..... - Page 2 Empty In the aftermath of spot fixing convictions.....

Post by anu_d Thu 03 Nov 2011, 6:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

one british bookie and 3 pakistani cricketers have been convicted and sentences handed out:

charged were as cricinfo states:

The four men had been charged with conspiracy to accept corrupt payments, and conspiracy to cheat in regard to the Lord's Test against England in August 2010,

in the aftermath :

--ICC's anti-corruption unit is going to open investigation on the remaining tests of that series

--I believe since corruption/ cheating and spot fixing has been confirmed now...that Lords test should be ANULLED.....as an official test, the individual runs/ wkst scored and it's points removed from ICC rankings

anu_d

Back to top Go down

In the aftermath of spot fixing convictions..... - Page 2 Empty Re: In the aftermath of spot fixing convictions.....

Post by anu_d Fri 04 Nov 2011, 10:32 am

Y I Man wrote:Proof that fixing a cricket match for money is deemed fraud:
(I cant believe that is even being questioned, its obvious!)

Pakistan Penal Code (Act XLV of 1860)

24. "Dishonestly".
Whoever does anything with the intention of causing wrongful gain to one person or wrongful loss to another person, is said to do that thing "dishonestly".

25. "Fraudulently".
A person is said to do ,a thing fraudulently if he does that thing with intent to defraud but not otherwise.

415. Cheating:
Whoever, by deceiving any person, fraudulently or dishonestly induces the person so deceived to deliver any property to any person, or to consent that any person shall retain any property, or intentionally induces the person so deceived to do or omit to do anything which he would not do or omit if he were not so deceived, and which act or omission causes or is likely to cause damage or harm to that person 161[or any other person] 161 in body, mind, reputation or property, is said to "cheat".

http://www.pakistani.org/pakistan/legislation/1860/actXLVof1860.html

please show where this applies to cricket or for that matter any sports?...to make your point
that Salim Malik was not tried.....proves it otherwise

anu_d

Back to top Go down

In the aftermath of spot fixing convictions..... - Page 2 Empty Re: In the aftermath of spot fixing convictions.....

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 04 Nov 2011, 10:33 am

If they commit a crime on our shores then our justice system has every right to pursue them, simple as that.

They're international sportsmen, I can't imagine for one moment that they'd become fugitives and agree to spend the rest of their lives in Pakistan for fear of being arrested and tried in England.

I still fail to see your point here.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2011, 10:33 am

Anu you are talking rubbish and changing the goal posts everytime. Im not even going to waste my time.

Back to top Go down

Post by anu_d Fri 04 Nov 2011, 10:34 am

Care to explain how you would cheat in a University exam without effecting the result or, at least, attempting to efeect the result?.

you are right on the underlined part...cheating in an exam defnitely is an attempt to affect the result....even if no tangible effect was made
and that is enough to annul the results

anu_d

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2011, 10:35 am

anu_d wrote:
Y I Man wrote:Proof that fixing a cricket match for money is deemed fraud:
(I cant believe that is even being questioned, its obvious!)

Pakistan Penal Code (Act XLV of 1860)

24. "Dishonestly".
Whoever does anything with the intention of causing wrongful gain to one person or wrongful loss to another person, is said to do that thing "dishonestly".

25. "Fraudulently".
A person is said to do ,a thing fraudulently if he does that thing with intent to defraud but not otherwise.

415. Cheating:
Whoever, by deceiving any person, fraudulently or dishonestly induces the person so deceived to deliver any property to any person, or to consent that any person shall retain any property, or intentionally induces the person so deceived to do or omit to do anything which he would not do or omit if he were not so deceived, and which act or omission causes or is likely to cause damage or harm to that person 161[or any other person] 161 in body, mind, reputation or property, is said to "cheat".

http://www.pakistani.org/pakistan/legislation/1860/actXLVof1860.html

please show where this applies to cricket or for that matter any sports?...to make your point
that Salim Malik was not tried.....proves it otherwise
Can you not read?
24. "Dishonestly".
Notice the word ANYTHING in bold.

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Fri 04 Nov 2011, 10:36 am

anu_d wrote:Just because in different countries they werent tried doesnt mean the UK should follow suit and not go through with legal proceedings. They broke the law in the UK and are being rightly punished for it! .

UK can decide what is criminal in their own country only...for citizens and residents...not for visitng sportsmen...long gone back to their countries.

and can TRY to advice / preach/ or even dicate to others also....

in the end to take UK's advice on whether sportsmen should be tried criminally in UK...... or not is upto the soverign contries ( that's why they are called soveriegns)

mate take a chill pill, the criminal offence was taken place here not wherever they're from

so in fact if the offence was in their home country then tried here, then you have a point but the offence was here and tried here, i do apologize but that the case, they got convicted here where the offence was taken

end of

fackt

Last edited by jro786 on Fri 04 Nov 2011, 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by anu_d Fri 04 Nov 2011, 10:36 am

Y I Man wrote:Anu you are talking rubbish and changing the goal posts everytime. Im not even going to waste my time.

yes it is a waste of time until you can find that sports in Pakistan comes under criminal laws fro fraud

anu_d

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 04 Nov 2011, 10:37 am

That is irrelevant, given that they didn't attempt to affect the outcome of the match.

What they did do, however, is 'spot fix' some occurences in that match, and consequently fraudulently gained money through bookmakers etc. That, under law in most countries on earth, is a criminal offence.

They were caught, they've been rightly punished, and they should never play cricket again. A shame, but that's what happens to fraudsters.

Now, I believe our discussion has ended.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpickle Fri 04 Nov 2011, 10:37 am

anu_d wrote:
UK can decide what is criminal in their own country only...for citizens and residents...not for visitng sportsmen...long gone back to their countries.

Just wrong. If its a crime in this country then it applies to everyone. I cant understand why this so hard for you to understand, they committed a criminal offence and they got caught and tried for it.

talkingpickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2011, 10:38 am

anu_d wrote:
Y I Man wrote:Anu you are talking rubbish and changing the goal posts everytime. Im not even going to waste my time.

yes it is a waste of time until you can find that sports in Pakistan comes under criminal laws fro fraud
I just did.
Its called the Pakistan Penal Code (Act XLV of 1860)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 04 Nov 2011, 10:39 am

Locked. I believe we have exhausted discussion on this one.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2