The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

--- Rating Amir Khan's Attributes ---

+2
lfc91
KO-KING
6 posters

Go down

--- Rating Amir Khan's Attributes --- Empty --- Rating Amir Khan's Attributes ---

Post by KO-KING Thu 03 Nov 2011, 9:11 pm

My ratings

Technical Ability - 6, He has a good jab and right hand but he is very average when it comes to technique in my opinion.

Defence - 6, he has a bad gaurds up defence, which is open to uppercuts and wide punches as Maidana demonstrated, but most part of his defence is movement and this allows him to get away without being hit to often.

Offence - 8, I think he's one of the best offensive fighters currently, he has decent power and fast hands and is very good at finishing hurt opponents off, he also seems to be developing good body punches.

Footwork - 7, Fast footwork but lacks good technique, as evident in him being closed down by Maidana.

Accuracy - 6, He goes for quantity rather than qaulity most of the time - as a result his accuracy does seem to suffer.

Power - 7, When he sits down on his punches he has good power his constant movement means that he often throws punches without full power behind them

Speed - 10, in my opinion top 3 P4P fastest hands currently. Roach + sparring partners have both said in the past he has faster hands than Pacquiao.

Versatility - 7, He is able to both box and brawl. He boxed beautifully behind the jab vs Mallinaggi and was able to be more aggressive against judah and maidana.

Stamina - 8, Seems to sometimes tire in the later rounds and his speed reduces but he is able to find a seconds wind. He is constantly improving in this department under Ariza.

Heart - 10, never see him quitting - comparitively to Ortiz he was more hurt vs Maidana but still stayed up. Micky Ward also stated khan has a great fighting heart

Chin - 6, I expect low scores here on the majority-but although he's been dropped 4 times he has never touched the canvas once at 140 and maidana landed bombs but couldn't put him down.

Physical Attributes - 9, this isn't just how he measures up on tape, this is how he uses his height and reach advantages - for example P Williams on paper has great pysical attributes but he doesn't use thos aadvantages hence he wouldn't be ranked highly.

Overall - 7

Some attributes are missing though such as Cut/Swelling resistance and Corner (Roach).

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

--- Rating Amir Khan's Attributes --- Empty Re: --- Rating Amir Khan's Attributes ---

Post by lfc91 Thu 03 Nov 2011, 9:32 pm

Dont realy consider myself a boxing expert or anything close so try to avoid the whole rating fighters thing incase i get it horribly wrong! But if you consider him one of the best current offensive fighters should he maybe not be a 9 or even 10?

lfc91

Back to top Go down

--- Rating Amir Khan's Attributes --- Empty Re: --- Rating Amir Khan's Attributes ---

Post by KO-KING Thu 03 Nov 2011, 10:19 pm

lfc91 wrote:Dont realy consider myself a boxing expert or anything close so try to avoid the whole rating fighters thing incase i get it horribly wrong! But if you consider him one of the best current offensive fighters should he maybe not be a 9 or even 10?

Pacquiao is a 10 in my opinion, Khan lacks inside game but he tends to avoid the inside and box from the outside, He isn't complete enough for any higher rating, Maybe saying that he is currently one of the best says something about today's fighters.

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 03 Nov 2011, 10:39 pm

Pacqiaou's a 10? Me no think so. could argue a 9 though.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Fri 04 Nov 2011, 6:27 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Pacqiaou's a 10? Me no think so. could argue a 9 though.

Pac's up there with the greatest of all time when it comes to offence for me, maybe 9.5, but not lower

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Nov 2011, 6:29 pm

Versatility for me should mean front and back foot efficiency...

To me he's a come forward fighter behind the jab and ineffective on the back foot..

Besides marks out of ten are redundant unless we have someone to compare him with.. on your system of marking..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Fri 04 Nov 2011, 6:34 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Versatility for me should mean front and back foot efficiency...

To me he's a come forward fighter behind the jab and ineffective on the back foot..

Besides marks out of ten are redundant unless we have someone to compare him with.. on your system of marking..

I'll post a prime Shane Mosley ratings

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Nov 2011, 8:57 pm

It's just that 6 can look different if someone good is also 6 or he's a 10...

People can be harsh or gracious when rating..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Sun 06 Nov 2011, 10:23 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's just that 6 can look different if someone good is also 6 or he's a 10...

People can be harsh or gracious when rating..

You can now compare with my Mosley rankings, I use 6 as a 'average' score

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmiketyson1984 Thu 10 Nov 2011, 9:47 pm

Chin - 9

He as shown against Zudah and Maidana the two biggest hitters in the division he can take a clean punch and recover

Overall 8.5

Two fights away from a p4p ranked 1 fight with mayweather

Ironmiketyson1984

Back to top Go down

Post by vxrandall Thu 10 Nov 2011, 9:51 pm

KO-KING wrote:My ratings

Technical Ability - 6, He has a good jab and right hand but he is very average when it comes to technique in my opinion.

Defence - 6, he has a bad gaurds up defence, which is open to uppercuts and wide punches as Maidana demonstrated, but most part of his defence is movement and this allows him to get away without being hit to often.

Offence - 8, I think he's one of the best offensive fighters currently, he has decent power and fast hands and is very good at finishing hurt opponents off, he also seems to be developing good body punches.

Footwork - 7, Fast footwork but lacks good technique, as evident in him being closed down by Maidana.

Accuracy - 6, He goes for quantity rather than qaulity most of the time - as a result his accuracy does seem to suffer.

Power - 7, When he sits down on his punches he has good power his constant movement means that he often throws punches without full power behind them

Speed - 10, in my opinion top 3 P4P fastest hands currently. Roach + sparring partners have both said in the past he has faster hands than Pacquiao.

Versatility - 7, He is able to both box and brawl. He boxed beautifully behind the jab vs Mallinaggi and was able to be more aggressive against judah and maidana.

Stamina - 8, Seems to sometimes tire in the later rounds and his speed reduces but he is able to find a seconds wind. He is constantly improving in this department under Ariza.

Heart - 10, never see him quitting - comparitively to Ortiz he was more hurt vs Maidana but still stayed up. Micky Ward also stated khan has a great fighting heart

Chin - 6, I expect low scores here on the majority-but although he's been dropped 4 times he has never touched the canvas once at 140 and maidana landed bombs but couldn't put him down.

Physical Attributes - 9, this isn't just how he measures up on tape, this is how he uses his height and reach advantages - for example P Williams on paper has great pysical attributes but he doesn't use thos aadvantages hence he wouldn't be ranked highly.

Overall - 7

Some attributes are missing though such as Cut/Swelling resistance and Corner (Roach).

i think you are about bang on there. 1 more rating for me

media savvy - -5, shouldnt be allowed within 50 yards of a computer, mobile or journo! din.

vxrandall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down