The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any one remember..........................

+9
Brady12
VDT
Samo
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Kay Fabe
UpsideDownFace
Fernando
Marsh
ncfc_Tooze
13 posters

Go down

Any one remember.......................... Empty Any one remember..........................

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 08 Nov 2011, 8:19 pm

Bull Buchanan?

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Any one remember.......................... Empty Re: Any one remember..........................

Post by Marsh Tue 08 Nov 2011, 8:31 pm

Never a fan of his really, he didn't sweep up the debris, he just left it there for others to drop pipe bombs on

Marsh

Back to top Go down

Any one remember.......................... Empty Re: Any one remember..........................

Post by Guest Tue 08 Nov 2011, 8:33 pm

I always thought he would of been better off by himself. Was never really a fan of Right to Sensor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 08 Nov 2011, 8:35 pm

Y I Man wrote:I always thought he would of been better off by himself. Was never really a fan of Right to Sensor.

Right to Censor was awesome they had the most annoying theme song in wwe history

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Tue 08 Nov 2011, 8:38 pm

I'm sure that theme gave me nightmares! Used to scare the s#!t out of me on the old games I remember that!

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 08 Nov 2011, 8:40 pm

you mean this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym_6Te3ENUs

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Tue 08 Nov 2011, 8:55 pm

No chance of me clicking on that link!

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 08 Nov 2011, 9:00 pm

I wouldn't say Right to Censor was awesome, I think it could have been an unbelievable stable though, with a top guy as the leader, I always felt it would have been perfect for Bret Hart who hated the direction the WWF went in, I also think it would have been brilliant in the mid 2000s with Shawn Michaels as the leader

I didn't like the fact that Val Venus and the Godfather joined, I understand they converted them but it simply wasn't logical and due to Richards and Buchanan's positioning on the roster, these guys would have been much better opposing them in a long term program

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 08 Nov 2011, 9:05 pm

They were essentially the Attitude era version of the Straight Edge Society but where the SES had a great leader and lacked people around him the RTC had great people around the leader but a lousy leader.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 08 Nov 2011, 9:09 pm

Jeez - that's a blast from the past. Bull Buchanan.

He wasn't really my cup of tea, but his impact on wrestling is a little understated in my opinion. I see a lot of talk about Matt Morgan and Mason Ryan - but Bull Buchanan was doing their thing over a decade ago, and it makes me shudder to think how big he could be if he was wrestling today. In my opinion, every big guy in wrestling today probably cites Bull Buchanan as an influence. So when you consider that, it really is a surprise that he never really won anything of note.

I don't think he was the best guy in Right to Censor - that was probably Stevie Richards himself. But Buchanan was what gave the group some credibility, when the gimmick had none. And you need only look at Batista's career trajectory since Right to Censor, to see what a role model Buchanan was. A lot of people credit Triple H with making Batista. But he couldn't give two craps about Big Dave until Bull Buchanan taught him everything he knew. Batista was too green before that.

When I think back about the career of Bull Buchanan, I can't really remember anything, then when I think about it, I remember almost everything. And that's what was so good about Bull Buchanan. When he came out you didn't sit up, but his performance seeped into your sub-conscience. And that's a real talent.

Like I said - he wasn't my cup of tea. But I did have a soft spot for him because he was born in the same hospital as me, and his picture on the wall was the first thing I ever saw.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 08 Nov 2011, 9:15 pm

It's a shame because Stevie Richards was brilliant in ECW, I just feel at that time, myself included, not enough people knew much about him, if they where more aware of him and what he was about they may have given it more scope

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 08 Nov 2011, 9:19 pm

Stevie Richards was excellent. I really wish WWE had done more with him. I never saw him in ECW, but whenever he did get mic time in the WWE, his promos were consistently fantastic, and I always wanted to see him do more. Though to be fair, it always felt to me that they were trying to find a place where Stevie would fit - but it never quite clicked. Right to Censor was the closest they came.

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 08 Nov 2011, 9:32 pm

Oh balls,

Just did a bit of research because I was unsure of myself... And Batista was never in RTC. So that's theory rendered as nonsense.

No idea where I got that from. I'm sure he was for a bit

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 08 Nov 2011, 10:12 pm

I was thinking that when i was reading you post ED, haha. Im sure Batistas WWE debut was with Reverend D-von.

RTC were good in the day, but lacked the star power I think.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:21 pm

Was he the big boss man tag partner when he started in the wwe?
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:06 pm

I prefered him in The Truth Comission... What ever happened to The Jackal?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:12 pm

Is this the same Buchanan who became B2 (B Squared) as Rapper John Cena's friend?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:21 pm

yes Marky it is

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:24 pm

yes the same guy.

From memory TRC had the Godfather in it and Ivory as well.

They were a great faction - drew the anti attitude heat of the time.

Great gimmick, great frontman and great in ring entrance.

As for BB - big guy, could move around the ring but was never given a stand alone chance - always second fiddle.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:29 pm

Godfather was known as the Goodfather when he went to RTC and Ivory used to get heat. I remember she actually became womens champion while being in RTC. It elevated the 5 of them for a while, but afterwards they just faded away again. I can see comparisons to the Nexus here.

BB reminded me of Albert. Could have been bigger if he had the chance.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:35 pm

Was it Val Venus or Buchanan who spike piledriver'd Chyna? She was out for a bit, returned and beat Ivory for the womans title at Mania in her return match.
It was the same Mania that Taz & The APA beat RTC, but I cant remember which one.

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:37 pm

17 I think that was YI

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:38 pm

Ah yes, that Wrestlemania that isn't talked about much. Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:39 pm

Y I Man wrote:Was it Val Venus or Buchanan who spike piledriver'd Chyna?

Baed upon Chyna's track record, is that a euphemism? Wink

And it was Venus.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 15 Nov 2011, 8:03 pm

who would have thought all this would have happened in the time since he left

Raw Spoiler

Spoiler:

well that most have been a good 5 or 6 years for him

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 15 Nov 2011, 8:05 pm

I have to say that I marked out when he came down last night!!

I was thinking about this thread the whole time!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 15 Nov 2011, 8:34 pm

Cringe worthy promo.

His wife left him, got fired by wwe and his dog bit him Laugh

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 15 Nov 2011, 8:34 pm

so was I,

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:02 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Cringe worthy promo.

His wife left him, got fired by wwe and his dog bit him Laugh
And the bite gave him rabbies and cost him his career

It was meant to be cringeworthy btw

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:05 pm

dont forget he lost all his money too

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down