The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recent club rugby bets

+3
Poorfour
XR
beshocked
7 posters

Go down

Recent club rugby bets Empty Recent club rugby bets

Post by beshocked Wed 09 Nov 2011, 5:03 pm

Anyone got any rugby bets on the table?

I have some really interesting rugby bets this season.

1) I bet £5 with a mate Saracens would be above Saints at the end of the AP league stage (not including playoffs). Not bad so far! Laugh

2) Again £5 With the same mate I bet Saracens would get further than Saints in the HC. Fair bet in my opinion. What do you think?

3) Yet again £5 3rd bet is betting that Wasps won't make the top 4 in the AP this season. So far so good.

What bets have you guys got on?

What are your favourite punts? Who do you think will win the respective trophies?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Recent club rugby bets Empty Re: Recent club rugby bets

Post by XR Thu 10 Nov 2011, 9:25 am

I recently put £2 on the blues to beat Connacht by 6 and £1 on Connacht to be leading at half time and the blues to win the match.

Both came in and i got a tidy £38 Cool

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Thu 10 Nov 2011, 10:22 am

Maybe I should put my money where my mouth is and bet on Quins to retain the Amlin.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 10 Nov 2011, 10:24 am

Not a bad bet poorfour. What are the odds?

Nice one gcblues. Got any other bets on the table? You going to back Cardiff to be successful in the HC?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Thu 10 Nov 2011, 10:28 am

No idea, but it's probably worth finding out. Depending on the outcome of the Toulouse matches I'd then either double it up, or swap to betting on them to win the HEC...
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Thu 10 Nov 2011, 10:29 am

I did an Acc on all 4 provinces to win a few weeks ago, when I thought they all would win, all did, £3 became £20,
not much profit but, will keep an eye out for it again.
Warriors v Munster
Leinster v Dragons
Aironi v Ulster
Connacht v Scarlets

Normally only would go as far as Doubles, but hey I liked all 4 provinces chances that round

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 10 Nov 2011, 10:41 am

Yup Kingshu I can see why. Still that's good.

Poorfour you probably won't get great odds on Toulouse for the HC.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Thu 10 Nov 2011, 11:47 am

No, but my original post was about Quins. If they come out ahead from the Toulouse matches, then they should qualify for the QFs, but even so you'd get good odds on them winning.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by D24tress Thu 10 Nov 2011, 11:54 am

sexton at 9/2 for top points scorer in this years h cup is a good bet in my mind.

D24tress

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 10 Nov 2011, 12:17 pm

Poorfour for the Amlin or HC?

D24tress very true.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Thu 10 Nov 2011, 1:57 pm

Lose to Toulouse. Quins for the Amlin
Beat Toulouse, Quins for the HEC.

Neither's a cert, but both are likely to get you good odds.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Thu 10 Nov 2011, 2:19 pm

I always put on ridiculously large accumulators that never come good so don't copy this bet whatever you do.

Quins, Toulouse, Irish, Glasgow, Scarlets, Munster, Leinster, Ulster, Ospreys, Leicester and Racing to win will get me €190ish after putting on €5. I've come very close a few times (Bayern Munich let in a 90 min goal once to ruin it and another time if Ulster held onto their half time lead against Saints last year in the HC I would have had a good weekend) but it never seems to happen. The day I do win one of these massive accumulators will be a very good day though Very Happy I don't really believe Ulster will beat Clermont though. The rest I'm reasonable confident about but I think this is Clermont's year and there's no Pienaar for Ulster. Still, I'll be standing up for those Ulstermen come Saturday afternoon!

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 10 Nov 2011, 2:24 pm

mrsuperclear why did you go for Ulster if you think you will lose? Doh

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Thu 10 Nov 2011, 2:34 pm

Because I think they may win and they're not favourites for the match so it bumps up the value of the accumulator. They also rarely lose European matches up in Ravenhill and it would be rude not to support my northern cousins for the match. So there are a few good indicators (obviously not the last one).

To be honest Beshocked, most people don't really bet on the favourites. The favourites don't pay out as well as the underdog when it comes to betting. I'm sure you've placed plenty of bets on teams that you thought were most likely to lose on the day but still had a decent chance. That's all I'm doing. As I said, my history with accumulators is pathetic but I always go for some of the underdogs to increase its value, and one will come through some day....hopefully.....maybe.

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Thu 10 Nov 2011, 2:41 pm

you know that each acc you add you are multiplying the bookies advantage!

11 teams means bookies advantage is elevenfold, on a normal bet.

you should try 5 £1 doubles or 4 £1 doubles and a £1 triple, or such likes.

You may never win big with these smaller bets but at least you won't be saying "I've come very close a few times but it never seems to happen"

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Thu 10 Nov 2011, 2:49 pm

Doing a five-leg accumulator on HC at weekend

Quins (-17) to beat Connacht at 10/11
Leinster (-5) to beat Montpelier at 10/11
Ospreys (-6) to beat Biarritz at 10/11
Clermont (-2) to beat Ulster at 10/11
Saints to beat Munster at 7/4

If it comes in, €10 produces €365 winnings according to Paddy Power website calculator. Lots of hurdles with this bet, but if it comes in I'll let yiz all know Monday!!!

If it doesn't come in, I'll take kingshu's advice and go for doubles and trebles in future.

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Thu 10 Nov 2011, 3:19 pm

You're probably right Kingshu. In fact you obviously are right. I may well follow your advice if Ulster let me down (it will probably end up being Quins that ruin the accumulator knowing my luck). I just don't bet that often and I'm enticed by the large amount of winnings. I know it might never happen, but I'd love to be able to let my friends know that one of my accumulators finally paid off and so then not have to endure the endless slagging I get due to previous bets.

I like the chances of your accumulator Brenno. Munster won't lose to Saints though .... hopefully....maybe. Still, there's a fair chance of that happening. Best of luck to you with the exception of the Munster and Ulster matches Wink

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Thu 10 Nov 2011, 3:28 pm

Best recent win I had was on Ireland to beat Australia in RWC. Had very mixed feelings when Tommy Bowe got that intercept and ran almost the length of the field - if he got the try it would have screwed my bet which was Ireland to win 1-10 pts!

mrssuperclear, I'll have mixed feelings if Munster and Ulster lose too - would always support the Irish team playing. But can see Saints beating Munster based on what I saw last Friday v Leinster - without Earls and Jones, Munster only have one strike runner in Howlett and he mightn't even see the ball. Up front very even - lot depends on how Munster front row do against Tunguahia, Hartley and Mujhati and how POC/DOC compete against Lawes.

For Ulster, Clermont look fierce strong and tho they aren't the reatest away team I can see them doing Ulster at the w/e.

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down