The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spit and Sawdust

+12
Decrepitude
Mad for Chelsea
Geosynch
Adam D
MTS1
Green
Solerina
Wooffie
sportslover
Davie
cats_r_cool
yummymummy
16 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Spit and Sawdust Empty Spit and Sawdust

Post by yummymummy Mon 7 Mar - 18:09

Welcome to the Spit and Sawdust Saloon = a place where folks can relax at the
end of a Hard Day corralling tennis players and chew the cud !

Any topic is *On Topic* here !

Just don't miss the spittoons !

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Spit and Sawdust Empty Re: Spit and Sawdust

Post by yummymummy Mon 7 Mar - 20:41

Walk this way folks - mind the stairs !!!

WHAT a c-up by W. Hague Esq!!!!

A Helicoptor lands in the middle of nowhere in the middle of
the night and -------------

We was looking for a hotel Guvner ! We loooove sand !
AAAaaand we brought our 6 kids wiv us

laughing laughing laughing

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Tue 8 Mar - 9:39

Morning all Very Happy

Dull, Grey, Windy here! Another glorious day in the
Highlands !!
Shocked

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Tue 8 Mar - 16:04

Hi Yummy Very Happy quick visit to say hi but can't stick around for a 🍺 as it's Mr C's birthday today. Already been on here too long ogling a certain player in a jeans ad!

Have a good evening and catch up soon.

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Tue 8 Mar - 17:58

Coo !!!!

Now I wonder who THAT was Wink

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 8 Mar - 20:08

It wasn't me.

Hi Yummy, just dropped by to wish you well in this thread.

You may have to recruit a few longinthetooth 606'ers, (duggie et al) to get it jump started.

I'll start you off though, my wife got a ticket for parking (without turning the engine off) a whole 20 secs on a single yellow line that had a "No Waiting" section just where she'd stopped to make sure the kid got in to his club OK.

A trip down the Parking Shop to look at the "VIDEO" (bast) from the snoop car and it was no go. The top guy there said, "we've got you stopping and thats that". So she has to pay up now...£50.

Its a bleeding rip off ! She wrote a letter demanding that the money be spent on the hundreds of potholes (she was just venting her spleen) in the borough.

She's had no reply surprisingly <lol>

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 8 Mar - 20:14

£50 - same as the person who was convicted of burning poppies on rememberance day.

Discuss (or maybe not) Sad

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Tue 8 Mar - 20:24

Had a look at 606 and it is the quietest I have ever seen it.

No doubt things will pick up this weekend when the top players appear at IW.

And hopefully 606v2 will get some more new blood as well
thumbsup

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Tue 8 Mar - 20:47

New Blood is Needed Wink

But until then I'll carry on watching Being Human and the
Vampire Diaries !!!

True Blood is one "suck" too many lol!

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Tue 8 Mar - 20:54

Davie

The idiot (Or worse) who burnt Poppies on Remembrance Sunday
should be deported to his dear little Taliban controlled country!

He would soon find out where his bread is buttered

(I nearly typed *battered* then !! laughing

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Tue 8 Mar - 21:52

It would be good if this site could get some new blood. thumbsup Early days though and only time will tell.

I like its relaxed atmosphere and the fact that you can just post tennis articles like you could on 606. If it looks like an interesting place to post, then people will.
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Tue 8 Mar - 21:59

sportslover wrote:

And hopefully 606v2 will get some more new blood as well
thumbsup

I hope so too sportslover........we need more action on the main tennis forum on v2........I suppose it's been a quiet time for tennis the last few weeks.

Pleased to see your chat thread's getting busy Yummy.......I will look in everyday when I do my rounds of the forum Very Happy

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Tue 8 Mar - 23:17

Hi, Yummy! Very Happy

Yummy's quote from 606:
"I DO have a chat thread on 606.v2 called Spit And Sawdust ;-)

If you want a quiet place to VENT YOUR ANGER this is the
thread ;-)"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yummy,
how is this going to be a quiet place if people start coming here to vent their anger? Wink

Anyway, Indian Wells draw is out (LINK), but nobody seems to care, neither here nor on 606... Crying or Very sad

Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Wed 9 Mar - 8:59

Green wrote:Hi, Yummy! Very Happy

Yummy's quote from 606:
"I DO have a chat thread on 606.v2 called Spit And Sawdust ;-)

If you want a quiet place to VENT YOUR ANGER this is the
thread ;-)"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yummy,
how is this going to be a quiet place if people start coming here to vent their anger? Wink

Anyway, Indian Wells draw is out (LINK), but nobody seems to care, neither here nor on 606... Crying or Very sad

Yummy......you naughty girl.......inviting people from 606 to come and vent their anger on our lovely forum.

Well just you make sure they stick to your thread if they do lol

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Wed 9 Mar - 10:00

Oooops (blush)

Smile

We have snow here this morning furious

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Wed 9 Mar - 11:26

yummymummy wrote:Oooops (blush)

Smile

We have snow here this morning furious

Aaaw...it's ok yummy........I've just seen THIS EXCELLENT POST

Nice Work........well done Yummymummy! Very Happy

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Wed 9 Mar - 13:03

Im cold !!!!!!!!!!!

Crying or Very sad

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Wed 9 Mar - 13:11

Get Mr Yums to give you a cuddle, Yummy Wink Or failing that ... the doggies. :run2:
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Wed 9 Mar - 17:17

Ho Ho Ho Woofie 8)

But I admit that my Pekes do make good neck-warmers kiss

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 9 Mar - 20:39

But I admit that my Pekes do make good neck-warmers....eyew! you'd get soggy ears doing that.

Re: the poppy burner, I think the judge missed the total irony of that protest, as the people who lost their lives being represented by poppies gave that Muslim the freedom of speech and the right to protest in a country he says he can think of nothing good about, except his nice car and home and 28K job and the ridiculous handouts we are still giving him. And if you put him in a room with me, he would not come out smiling, except maybe from another orifice.

Please somebody, bring back Jimmy Saville, maybe he could fix that for me.

Sorry, just venting my spleen as ordered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 9 Mar - 20:57

Well Jubba you have a good point there about free speech.

Would I rather live in a country where people gave their lives to allow such freedom of speech and expression - or would I rather live in a country where just freedom is not allowed.

Possibly a rhetorical question but I think I know the answer in my own mind

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 9 Mar - 22:50

What annoys me Davie, is that this guy comes to "our" country, because he can't live a decent life back where he comes from, then has the audacity to say there is nothing good about it, hates our way of life and demands our soldiers be burned and hung.

If I did that in the middle of the main square in Bahrain, do you think I'd get out of town with my head firmly planted on my shoulders ?

If I was the foreign office, I'd give that tithead a giant shove in the channel and told to swim back to wherever.

What would happen if we brought back National Service, would they stay away ?

I'm on me soapbox now, take it away somebody !

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Thu 10 Mar - 9:55

Mornink all Hug

You stay on your soapbox Jubba Wink It's good to know at least 2 of
you agree with me !

I should be World Leader (Heaven help you all) laughing

Still cold and Windy here - looking forward to more snow today furious

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by MTS1 Fri 11 Mar - 12:24

Good afternoon Yummy,

Congratulations on your new discussion forum. Haven't been to 606 for a while, don't appear to have missed much. But oor Andy is about to launch his bid to move up the rankings (fingers crossed) and win big this year. I am eternally optimistic like your good self Yahoo
Just to pick up on one of your earlier posts True Blood is the biz. Vamp Diaries ok but a bit mild, Sookie and co hot hot hot Very Happy

MTS1

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Fri 11 Mar - 19:59

evening MTS1 - Glad you're here kiss

I always think that Bill is bit of a limp name for a
Vampire Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Just kidding !!!

Andy plays Donald Young first - hope it goes ok Shocked

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 11 Mar - 20:40

Just thought I would pop in and say hello.

I am one of the admins - settling in well?

How many people do you think have come over now?

Anything we can do, just let us know.

cheers

H

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Fri 11 Mar - 23:13

Maybe if we had seen some activity from the Mods on 606 like you guys do here on 606v2 it would have been a far more enjoyable place.

A bit of wummery of a friendly nature is acceptable, but when it comes to character assignation of a player or for that matter a poster then that's when it's bad news.

The "tennis posters" however are probably easier to control than for instance the football boards where numbers way exceed most other sports - so controlling them is probably a much harder proposition. boxing

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by MTS1 Sat 12 Mar - 9:21

Hi Mods/Admins,
This forum has a good to feel to it. Much like 606 when I first joined however over the last year it got out of control and the actions of the mods over there became inconsistent and all sorts of venomous posts were being made which unfortunately resulted in a lot of members not bothering to use it, except for the dedicated few (ie yummy and a few other Andymoaners) who tried hard to defend players and keep the forum at a good standard. Its good to see mods/admins input all over this forum. Best wishes to the future of 606v2 thumbsup

Yummy,
Very Happy Yes, Bill is a bit lame for a vamp name.

I do have actual tennis points to raise Wink
I was reading about Andy in The Herald this morning and according to the article he has hinted that he will forego immediate success if it means his game will show improvement at the French Open and Wimbledon. There goes my picks for IW.
Doh
However if it means he gets the slam, then I ain't complaining!!!

MTS1

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Sat 12 Mar - 9:49

Morning all Very Happy

Thanks for that Hobo - What a nice thing to say/do kiss

WHAT is Andy playing at I wonder ?
Seems to me he's going off tennis a bit
He'd better get his head together pdq !!!!

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Sat 12 Mar - 11:35

Morning all,

Just thought I'd add my comment to the good stuff above. I was a member of 606 for a couple of years because I liked its format - it was a simple idea - anybody could place an article about any tennis matter, and people then posted with their respective opinion. I think its initial success was because you got tennis article after tennis article, which promoted some very lively and interesting debate. Its good to see that in the main forum here you've still got that, because in my opinion, that's what you don't see on the other forums. I think that there's perhaps a lot of "floaters" still out there that don't want to be part of a group, but just want to talk to tennis, so if we keep the forum active with articles, I think that in time, they'll start to come. Many of them left 606 some time ago so we who are on here now just need to keep it lively to get interest.

Let it not be said that on 606, the fan threads were born out of simply having a safe haven to go to, to be able to talk about your favourite player without being attacked personally or having to read the vicious things that people said about him. So active moderation is a must, but its good to see mods/admins amongst us on the board as you're therefore not some faceless entity we have to contact if there's an issue.

Personally, we're really enjoying the set up you have here. A main tennis board, a corner where each players' fans can go to talk about their stuff, and a chat thread here for all the tennis community.

I feel comfortable writing articles here which is something I never did on 606, so if we keep on keeping the board current, do a Match of The Day thread so there's somewhere to go when the tennis is playing, share that thread around us so we're all playing a part ... and then wait and see. What do you guys think? Smile
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Sat 12 Mar - 12:00

Wooffie wrote:Morning all,

Just thought I'd add my comment to the good stuff above. I was a member of 606 for a couple of years because I liked its format - it was a simple idea - anybody could place an article about any tennis matter, and people then posted with their respective opinion. I think its initial success was because you got tennis article after tennis article, which promoted some very lively and interesting debate. Its good to see that in the main forum here you've still got that, because in my opinion, that's what you don't see on the other forums. I think that there's perhaps a lot of "floaters" still out there that don't want to be part of a group, but just want to talk to tennis, so if we keep the forum active with articles, I think that in time, they'll start to come. Many of them left 606 some time ago so we who are on here now just need to keep it lively to get interest.

Let it not be said that on 606, the fan threads were born out of simply having a safe haven to go to, to be able to talk about your favourite player without being attacked personally or having to read the vicious things that people said about him. So active moderation is a must, but its good to see mods/admins amongst us on the board as you're therefore not some faceless entity we have to contact if there's an issue.

Personally, we're really enjoying the set up you have here. A main tennis board, a corner where each players' fans can go to talk about their stuff, and a chat thread here for all the tennis community.

I feel comfortable writing articles here which is something I never did on 606, so if we keep on keeping the board current, do a Match of The Day thread so there's somewhere to go when the tennis is playing, share that thread around us so we're all playing a part ... and then wait and see. What do you guys think? Smile

Agree with all your points and am sure it will grow to be a good forum for those that enjoy tennis, irrespective of what player they support Smile

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Sat 12 Mar - 12:27

"the fan threads were born out of simply having a safe haven to go to"

[I think I'll quote "the old way" from now on, I don't like those quote boxes...]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Personally, I think that fan threads are not necessary here (or not just yet). Well, except for Wooffie's thread, of course Wink!
Like Wooffie said, back on 606, fans of certain players needed them to get away from wums, and that problem doesn't exist here; or for off-topic discussions, which are allowed here, on this chat thread or anywhere else.

Besides, this board is not that active (yet?) to need them, because, instead of starting a new topic (i.e. writing an article) concerning one of those four players, most posters will probably just post a comment on that player's pub thread. I think those threads (will) reduce activity on the main tennis board even more.

This is just my opinion. If everyone else thinks they are needed, that's fine by me.
My favourite player is Djokovic, but I'm not really interested in posting on a Djokovic pub thread. I'd rather take part in discussions on Novak with all other tennis fans, not just Djokovic fans (their/our views may not be objective enough Wink). And, Novak is not my "biggest love"... so I guess that thread is not for me anyway. Whistle

Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Sat 12 Mar - 13:01

Well ... of course I'm going to be an advocate for fan threads. Wink

In my real world, no-one else cares much for tennis or discussing Rafa (as is the case for the rest of us), so however odd it may seem, we found each other on an on-line forum and we like to chat. I think its better that that sort of thing is kept away from a main tennis forum, hence specific threads to do so.

And it shouldn't detract people from using this tennis forum so long as there are enough people currently on it posting threads on the main forum to keep the tennis discussion going, which was what I was trying to get at in my previous post. I take your point about wanting to discuss a player with other tennis fans on the main forum. Personally, I would never in a million have written an article on Rafa on 606 because of the abuse that that would have brought. It feels different here, so I think there can be a balance of both. Smile

Last edited by Wooffie on Sat 12 Mar - 13:25; edited 1 time in total
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by MTS1 Sat 12 Mar - 13:08

I'm kinda 50-50 just now. This forum may have the need for the 'safe haven' if it explodes the way 606 did over the last year, but on my first impressions (granted I only signed up yesterday Very Happy ) it appears that it is ok to post within a thread that may be off topic. The Andymoaners was a nice place to go and have a lighter discussion with nice people. You were always welcomed, and this forum has that feel to it. This was also true of the Rafateers albeit I wasn't in there that much but the sharing of cake and wine seemed to cross the boundaries between these two fan threads kiss

I'll have a scoot around first before taking my first tentative steps towards posting an article. I'm not that brave yet!!!!!!

MTS1

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Sat 12 Mar - 13:11

Wooffie,

that's why I said "except your thread" (I really meant that), because you know each other from before, and you sort of moved the whole thread from the 606.

"so long as there are enough people"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My point was that there is not enough people yet - hopefully, there will be in the future.

PS. You can write an article about Rafa here! Smile

Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat 12 Mar - 13:15

MTS1 wrote:Hi Mods/Admins,
This forum has a good to feel to it. Much like 606 when I first joined however over the last year it got out of control and the actions of the mods over there became inconsistent and all sorts of venomous posts were being made which unfortunately resulted in a lot of members not bothering to use it, except for the dedicated few (ie yummy and a few other Andymoaners) who tried hard to defend players and keep the forum at a good standard. Its good to see mods/admins input all over this forum. Best wishes to the future of 606v2 thumbsup

Thanks MTS1

Welcome to the forum........I get terribly excited when I see we have a new member lol.............hope you enjoy yourself here on v2 Very Happy

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by MTS1 Sat 12 Mar - 13:25

Many thanks Solerina. Just waiting for our man to start his singles and I'll be getting terribly excited myself Very Happy

MTS1

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Sat 12 Mar - 13:26

Green ... thumbsup Smile
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Sat 12 Mar - 15:28

A Match of the Day thread sounds a great idea Wooffie Smile

But WHO is brave enough to write the prototype ?

I Isn't 'cos I aint clever enough Sad

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Sat 12 Mar - 16:28

Hi Yummy. All I've done is something very generic because I just think its enough to have a thread up there so that the current posters here have somewhere to discuss the matches, equally, anybody who's passing can see that there's somewhere to discuss the tennis as it happens.

I'm happy to update it daily cos perhaps a new thread per day is too much right now, but it would be good if someone else took up Miami and then MC, etc. etc.
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Sat 12 Mar - 17:07

I vote for a Moderator or Administrator Wooffie Wink

Erm

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Sun 13 Mar - 19:09

When I said you could *vent your spleen* on this thread I
meant you could chat about ANYTHING and NOTHING as well !

Any vented spleens will be sewn up and returned to sender Yahoo

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Sun 13 Mar - 21:42

Or removed Shocked

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Sun 13 Mar - 21:45

OBVIOUSLY the Universe is STILL viable or else we would
all have gone up in a puff of smoke !

As in Puff the Magic Dragon or PUFF I'll blow your house
down or PUFF Put out that cigarette or
PUFF I'm out of breath or PUFF I can do better than that.

Erm

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Sun 13 Mar - 23:49

... or I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll... blow your Saloon in! <yikes>

Like this!

Very Happy

Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Mon 14 Mar - 8:07

Morning yummy and everyone reading yummy's thread.

I'm delighted to see that another very esteemed member of 606 tennis joined us yesterday Wink

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Mon 14 Mar - 17:09

Me too Solerina kiss

Fings are looking up - This is the most *user friendly* forum
I have found kiss

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Wed 16 Mar - 17:26

yummymummy wrote:Me too Solerina kiss

I have found kiss

But it isn't going to happen until peeps can understand that this is a *Twitter type* forum !

If your cat/dog/donkey was ill yesterday we want to know thumbsup

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Wed 16 Mar - 17:41

yummymummy wrote:Me too Solerina kiss

I have found kiss

Thanks yummy Hug

I've only just seen your post......how on earth did I miss it!

I must be slacking Doh

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Wed 16 Mar - 18:05

Well my dawgys is alright today Wink

They were a bit poorly yesterday with yucky results which I
won't mention in polite society Very Happy

We had freezing fog last night (brrr)

It went down to -2 degrees Shocked

yummymummy