The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hamilton rubbish Whitmarsh comments

+5
Mad for Chelsea
The Special Juan
Fernando
Alessandro Ciambella
supremeskills
9 posters

Go down

Hamilton rubbish Whitmarsh comments  Empty Hamilton rubbish Whitmarsh comments

Post by supremeskills Thu 10 Nov 2011, 3:25 pm

Lewis has rubbished the rubbish whitmarsh said about him underperforming because of buttons good form.
I never believed it because i know lewis believes its all about his own form,if he sorts that out,problem solved.also lewis started making mistakes when he was ahead on points anyway.Im sure whitmarsh,who imo isnt a big fan of hamilton will not be happy about this.But whitmarsh shouldnt have come out spouting nonsense in the first place.

Whitmarsh said after the last race in India that the 2008 champion was "feeling under pressure" from Button, but Hamilton said that was not true.

"He made some comments which I disagree with," said Hamilton. "It's rubbish.

"My issues have been much, much bigger than that - more personal. Jenson doing great is great for the team."

Button has won three races this season, in comparison to Hamilton's two victories in China and Germany, and is 38 points ahead of Hamilton in the hunt for second in the championship.

Whitmarsh, who Hamilton suggested could have been "misquoted", made his comments at the last race in India, where Button finished second and Hamilton was seventh after another on-track clash with Ferrari's Felipe Massa.

Jenson's in a much stronger position than me so I wouldn't expect anything less than the results he's been getting. But that's not affecting the way I'm performing

Lewis Hamilton

The English team-mates have been reticent about talking about their internal team rivalry but, at the penultimate race of the season in Abu Dhabi, Hamilton spoke openly about why he believes Button has out-performed him so far.

"Jenson has done a great job to get things in the right place," said Hamilton, who recently split from his long-term girlfriend Nicole Scherzinger.

"He's got his Dad, who's there at every single race, he's got his manager, he's got his friends and his girlfriend there all the time.

"He's got a great bubble around him and with that he's able to go out there and perform without any worries on his mind.

"He's in a much stronger position than me so I wouldn't expect anything less than the results he's been getting. But that's not affecting the way I'm performing. I've just been a bit unfortunate and I've got my own problems.

"I lost that bubble. It is a priority for me to create that atmosphere around myself because it's a happy bubble."

Note:Changed title

supremeskills

Back to top Go down

Hamilton rubbish Whitmarsh comments  Empty Re: Hamilton rubbish Whitmarsh comments

Post by Guest Thu 10 Nov 2011, 3:45 pm

Whitmarsh, who Hamilton suggested could have been "misquoted" - haha yer right!

Whitmarsh was just emphasising that Button, his signing, has outperformed the supposedly no1 within Mclaren. It's stating that 'my call' to sign Jenson has paid off handsomly and that 'my decision' has been justified.

It's getting ridiculous the stuff Whitmarsh is coming out with. This season will be soon forgotten and when Lewis starts winning again, Whitmarsh will praise Lewis but then will state, 'but lets not forget about Jenson'. It's embarrassing the relationship or 'love' Whitmarsh has for Jenson and has in a way affected Lewis but not on the scale that Whitmarsh has suggested. The 'special' bond Lewis once had with Mclaren and Ron Dennis has gone and if the 2012 car is uncompetitive to that of Red Bull, then I can see no option for Lewis but to join Red Bull or Mercedes in 2013 in his quest to win multiple world titles.

Back to top Go down

Hamilton rubbish Whitmarsh comments  Empty Re: Hamilton rubbish Whitmarsh comments

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Thu 10 Nov 2011, 6:28 pm

Didn't Hamilton burst his own bubble by sacking his own father? The very man who got him where he is today?
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 10 Nov 2011, 7:20 pm

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:Didn't Hamilton burst his own bubble by sacking his own father? The very man who got him where he is today?

Its rather similar to Chelsea sacking Ray Wilkins last year it all went down hill after that and to be fair 1/2 of his career was down to Mclaren

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Nov 2011, 8:32 pm

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:Didn't Hamilton burst his own bubble by sacking his own father? The very man who got him where he is today?

I'm sorry but I think this whole charade of needing his family or a more dedicated team around him to improve his performances is a load of poop! You seriously think had Hamilton's Dad been around him more closely this season that he would have been challenging Vettel or never tangled with Massa on six occassions......delusional! It's Hamilton in the car, its his driving mistakes and team mistakes that have cost him so dearly this season. Aggression, frustration and impatience are the characteristics Hamilton has shown this season which have led to steward interference, nothing to do with having your Dad on the pit wall or a girlfriend in the crowd. The new rules which are the anti-thesis of Lewis driving style has hindered him and thats the major contibutor to the shocking season. Everything that's come with it are just by-products.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 10 Nov 2011, 9:01 pm

I don't think that Hamilton he's his dad to be his dad at races, if you get what I mean. He needs his dad to be his manager and give him a boot up the backside.

I think he'll be back stronger next year, everyone will suffer one bad year during they're career, hopefully Hamilton has gotten his out of the way and he'll be back to his best in 2012, ready to wipe the sneer off of Seb's face.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu 10 Nov 2011, 10:38 pm

load of boll@cks from Whitmarsh yet again, the team principal should never ever make comments like these, it's getting embarassing now! Whatever happened to "equal treatment" at McLaren?!?!?!

Honestly it's getting to the point where I wish Hamilton would say "stuff it, I'm leaving!" McLaren don't deserve him!

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Thu 10 Nov 2011, 10:43 pm

if the tyres are made to allow slightly harder racing next season (please) then I expect both Hamilton and Alonso to be back with avengence - cars permitting of course.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Nov 2011, 11:55 pm

Perhaps it is for the best that this year Hamilton has had a slightly off performance. There is nothing he and McClaren could have done to stop Vettel and RedBull this year. Perhaps this was the season for pushing to and beyond the limits - there was nothing much else he could have really done. At least he gave it a go.

The biggest shocker this season has been the performance of Vettel's team-mate Mark Webber. Supposedly he has the same car as Vettel yet what happened to all the noise about his challenge for the title?

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Fri 11 Nov 2011, 8:34 am

I agree with Nore Staat - if Lewis was to have an off season, better for it to be one of the seasons where they had little chance of taking either championships. Also, an off season will prevent a driver from becoming too complacent and will make him work harder.

Hopefully Lewis will bounce back next season and will start challenging at the front.

It was unprofessional for whitmarsh to suggest that its all down to jenson winning as to why lewis is having problems. Thats a big no no...

Roll on 2012

But it would be good for lewis to finish on a high by taking a win in the last 2 races.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Fri 11 Nov 2011, 11:40 am

Critical_mass wrote:
It was unprofessional for whitmarsh to suggest that its all down to jenson winning as to why lewis is having problems. Thats a big no no...

I was surprised Whitmarsh came out with that comment as well. It further proves he prefers JB to LH. We are all human and may like one individual over the other but to come out and say stuff like that beggars belief.

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Fri 11 Nov 2011, 12:11 pm

Belgarion of Riva wrote:
Critical_mass wrote:

I was surprised Whitmarsh came out with that comment as well. It further proves he prefers JB to LH. We are all human and may like one individual over the other but to come out and say stuff like that beggars belief.

Yup and its further evident when he always ends comments about lewis's performance with "but lets not forget Jenson" Rolling Eyes

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2011, 3:03 pm

SteveG wrote:if the tyres are made to allow slightly harder racing next season (please) then I expect both Hamilton and Alonso to be back with avengence - cars permitting of course.

having just watched FP2 with Paul Hembrey of Pirelli he says that they are testing the new tyre for next season at this race. apparently its only slightly more durable and around 0.1 to 0.2 seconds slower than previous. Dont know how much this is going to effect hamilton or alonso next season in allowing them to showcase their true speed but at least its a step forward. Also the qualifying tyre to race tyre debate still is up in the air as far as im aware

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 11 Nov 2011, 3:53 pm

Hardly surprising. No driver is ever going to admit to feeling under pressure from their team mate.

Personally I have a hunch that Button's recent form IS getting to him, but obviously its only one of a number of things that have been affecting him lately.

If first practice is anything to go by, he seems to be dealing with his problems, or at least learning to set them to one side while he's in the cockpit. Lets hope he can do the business when it matters.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 11 Nov 2011, 3:57 pm

SteveG wrote:if the tyres are made to allow slightly harder racing next season (please) then I expect both Hamilton and Alonso to be back with avengence - cars permitting of course.

You've hit the nail on the head with those last 4 words. Its not the tyres that have been the deciding factor...its the cars.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 11 Nov 2011, 3:59 pm

Nore Staat wrote:Perhaps it is for the best that this year Hamilton has had a slightly off performance. There is nothing he and McClaren could have done to stop Vettel and RedBull this year. Perhaps this was the season for pushing to and beyond the limits - there was nothing much else he could have really done. At least he gave it a go.

The biggest shocker this season has been the performance of Vettel's team-mate Mark Webber. Supposedly he has the same car as Vettel yet what happened to all the noise about his challenge for the title?

You are kidding, right? The situation at Red Bull isn't that different to Ferrari. Vettel is the No.1 driver and Webber is always going to play second fiddle to him.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2011, 4:10 pm

Webber needs replacing ASAP for the good of F1 in terms of competition for the title but he wont because Vettel is the driver of the future, the 2x world champion they have nurtured into dominating the sport, why would they risk bringing in a driver such as hamilton who could beat vettel and then destroy his untouchable reputation. The Vettel/Webber partnership reminds me of the Jackie Stewart/Cevert partnership of the 70's at Tyrell. The cars are the deciding factor on most occassions dyrewolf but alonso n hamilton are able to beat superior cars in normal conditions AND given more durable tyres to showcase their true racing speed is the catalyst to achieving the so-called impossible of beating Vettel. Pirelli have gone too far from one extreme to the other and im glad they've admitted to doing this and are developing tyres which are going the other way and tending towards making conservation less fundamental for success

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down