The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mr Whitmarsh : A showdown between Lewis and Jenson in Brazil?

5 posters

Go down

Mr Whitmarsh : A showdown between Lewis and Jenson in Brazil? Empty Mr Whitmarsh : A showdown between Lewis and Jenson in Brazil?

Post by sportykeppy-1 Tue 15 Nov 2011, 4:28 pm

I just do not understand why Mr Whitmarsh is trying to stupidly create a false rivalry between Jenson and Lewis. Things that he had said seem so silly for a Team Boss to have said about either of his drivers. He should be trying to make them great friends/brothers rather than stating that one's success is causing the other to fail.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/7309392/Whitmarsh-Predicts-Showdown-In-Brazil

Britain should like them both as they both make the country proud.

sportykeppy-1

Back to top Go down

Mr Whitmarsh : A showdown between Lewis and Jenson in Brazil? Empty Re: Mr Whitmarsh : A showdown between Lewis and Jenson in Brazil?

Post by Belgarion of Riva Tue 15 Nov 2011, 4:43 pm

I think Whitmarsh was drunk when he made those comments

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Mr Whitmarsh : A showdown between Lewis and Jenson in Brazil? Empty Re: Mr Whitmarsh : A showdown between Lewis and Jenson in Brazil?

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:36 pm

I think you're both drunk. Rolling Eyes

Exactly what was wrong with any of Whitmarsh's comments? The most "controversial" things he said were:

"It means both drivers have three great wins apiece this year, and I'm sure both of them think they can make it four by the end of the season.

"I know them both well enough that they will want to be the driver who comes out of the year with four wins. They'll both fancy their chances of winning in Brazil."

Both Button and Hamilton have said repeatedly they have a friendly, healthy rivalry, so its not like MW said anything out of place.

Hamilton's response even back's up Whitmarsh's comments, to an extent:

"For the life of me I don't know why he would say that because that's not the case," he said.

"Of course we both want to win, but it doesn't matter whether he or I get it, we still end up on a high. That's my view anyway."

All that's happened here is the opposite of what usually occurs: team bosses thinking about whats best for the team and the drivers focusing on theihr own results.

In a nutshell, a lot of fuss over nothing. Jenson and Lewis are good friends and nothing has changed that...not even after they collided with each other in Canada.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 16 Nov 2011, 2:00 pm

Absolute nothing story. People need to read past the headlines.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by supremeskills Thu 17 Nov 2011, 8:29 pm

first he came out and said lewis bad form is because he's under pressure from jenson.now he's come out and said lewis underestimated jenson.
why does he keep saying these things?he definitely has a softer spot for jenson.

supremeskills

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Thu 17 Nov 2011, 8:43 pm

supremeskills wrote:first he came out and said lewis bad form is because he's under pressure from jenson.now he's come out and said lewis underestimated jenson.
why does he keep saying these things?he definitely has a softer spot for jenson.

My thoughts exactly. My comment came as a result of the other nonsense MW has come out with. His attempts at motivating hsi drivers could have disastrous conseuqences

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down