The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jenson Button MBE

5 posters

Go down

Jenson Button MBE Empty Jenson Button MBE

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Mon 12 Sep - 12:31

Bonjourno!

I thought Jenson Button MBE was absolutely fantastic yesterday. Its a well known issue that if you take to much from the tyres to soon they go off rather quickly and his management of the tyres was an example only matched by Vettel and Alonso as these drivers do not take to much from the tyres in the early phase of the stint. Not only that, I believe he was getting his fuel conservation done early so he could attack as the race developed, after all there was no point joining the Schumacher/Hamilton train until it suited him.

That’s why he was hanging around behind the HAM/SCH for the first phase of the race. As these drivers dulled, the smooth driving style of Jenson Button MBE was there for all to see.

Credit where its due, he did in 3 corners what Hamilton had failed to do in 21 laps. I'm sure everybody can race round as quickly as possible if you want to and make 4 pit stops, but you have to driver smart now in F1. Conserving fuel and tyre management is not something you can pick up straight away. It takes time and effort not to go ballistic as soon as the lights go out.

As an all round driver Jenson Button MBE has come on leaps and bounds this year, plus his attacking skill has been highlighted. I believe his overtake on Schumacher was his 50th of the season thus proving he has the ability to take a position when he needs it.

People say that the new rules suit his driving style but I believe he has raised his game to really pressurise his team mate in what has been a fascinating battle.

Vettel has been the driver of the year, but the most improved driver of the year has to be Jenson Button MBE. Next year I expect to see him challenging Alonso and Vettel for the 2012 Championship.

Right now in the same machine I feel he is a match for any driver on the grid.

Does anybody else feel he has raised his game this year? Could he be a genuine contender next year?

Forza Jenson Button MBE!

Forza Alonso!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Jenson Button MBE Empty Re: Jenson Button MBE

Post by Critical_mass Mon 12 Sep - 12:36

Dont confuse raising his game to reg suiting his style. Also dont confuse an excellent overtaking move with a move that was inevitable. Lewis scrapping with Schumacher meant his tyres and schumachers tyres had worn out quick, plus jenson was able to get passed lewis as he had to back off when being shoved onto the grass.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Mon 12 Sep - 12:46

Bonjourno!

So your saying the previous regs suited Lewis and he cant raise his game for this year? Had Hamilton not been asleep at the restart he would not have been overtaken by Schuey. End of.

Jenson Button MBE has been ruthless this year. Many people thought he did not have the stomach for the battle this year and now he has proved them all wrong.

Its sad that people are determined to find reasons to be negative about everything he has achieved this year. He has been the excitement on the grid as Vettel walks away with the silverware.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 12 Sep - 12:49

The previous regs meant racing could occur instead of reserving the tyres. This IS racing after all, is it not?

Granted Lewis definately was caught sleeping, an error meaning schumacher could get passed.

Your last paragraph is hypocritical considering you have nothing postive to say about Lewis EVER! - people in glass houses should not throw stones. Comprende?

Last edited by Critical_mass on Mon 12 Sep - 12:51; edited 1 time in total

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Mon 12 Sep - 12:50

Great race from Button yesterday. Unfortunately he isn't fast enough to compete with the best drivers on the grid. His qualifying pace is slow and people won't always gift him places on track.

Alonso displayed poor track position management losing position to the frome fox without a whimper and displayed poor tyre heating management and was almost caught by Lewis Hamilton MBE.

Jenson is a steady driver and will win races when conditions favour him or people gift him places. If all the cars were performing on a simialr level. Jenson and Massa will generally fight for 5th and 6th place.

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 12 Sep - 14:32

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:Right now in the same machine I feel he is a match for any driver on the grid.

Does anybody else feel he has raised his game this year? Could he be a genuine contender next year?

Not sure about the first bit. I think if he were to switch to Red Bull right now, Vettel would still be too good for him in most races, (except maybe in wet / changeable races), but I agree he'd probably beat everyone else.

Definitely agree he has raised his game and become a better driver since joining McLaren. I can't help but think his experience of getting hustled and outdriven by Hamilton in his early races has toughened him up and made him race harder.

This was what was missing from his skill set and he is now probably the Second Most Complete Driver On The Grid (all he needs now is to become an ambassador for UNICEF). Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 12 Sep - 14:39

Belgarion of Riva wrote:Great race from Button yesterday. Unfortunately he isn't fast enough to compete with the best drivers on the grid. His qualifying pace is slow and people won't always gift him places on track.

He did admit that in his post-race interview. Qualifying is Button's only real weak spot now. If he can crack that he has a real shot at another title.

By the way, how often has he been gifted places on the track? I think you'll find the vast majority have been kosher overtakes...including the one on Schumacher yesterday.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep - 14:46

button always benefits from gifts its unbelievable, the one yesterday that was a total gift thanks to the work of hamilton pushing schumi to the absolute edge of defence. schumi's tyres were destroyed resulting in him pitting immiditely after button had passed him. tht is the truth and u cant not put that in the git catergory. thts what button does i've said it in another post, he sits and waits for drivers to battle between themselves ruining there tyres and then he pounces.

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 12 Sep - 15:12

Oooh...the bitterness... Laugh

Y'know that "lack of talent" you accuse him of? Picking your moment is part of a racing driver's art. Wink

Plenty of drivers take advantage of two cars scrapping and get past them both. Its not like some evil dark art Button invented.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 12 Sep - 15:20

No but he does make use of it more often then challanging a driver 1 on 1.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Mon 12 Sep - 15:38

Bonjourno!

@Critical Mass

When he forced Vettel into a mistake in Canada 2011, was that not a 1v1 situation without tyre degredation? The pressure he applied to the German during that race is like none he has endured this season. He proved that given the machine he can duel with the best on the grid that day. Changeable or not, the track was dry at that point and Button was the personification of domination that day.

Hamilton on Vettel @ China 2011. Vettels tyres were shot and Hamilton creamed in on Vettels worn tyres.

Oh no! Turns out Hamilton is guilty for waiting on drivers to fall off the track with shot tyres. Had Hamilton been able to look after his tyres he would not of lucked in on a 2 stop stratagey. Instead he 'lucked in.'

Ouch!

Forza Alonso!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 12 Sep - 15:45

Nope but the reason hamilton caught and passed vettel was down to tyres. Lewis has a reputation for goign for it not hanging back. You cant have it both ways can you.

Vettel made a mistake in the wet in Canada and wasnt necessarily down to pressure but could have been the track conditions that caused him to go too deep into the corner.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Mon 12 Sep - 16:17

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:Bonjourno!

@Critical Mass

When he forced Vettel into a mistake in Canada 2011, was that not a 1v1 situation without tyre degredation? The pressure he applied to the German during that race is like none he has endured this season. He proved that given the machine he can duel with the best on the grid that day. Changeable or not, the track was dry at that point and Button was the personification of domination that day.

Hamilton on Vettel @ China 2011. Vettels tyres were shot and Hamilton creamed in on Vettels worn tyres.

Oh no! Turns out Hamilton is guilty for waiting on drivers to fall off the track with shot tyres. Had Hamilton been able to look after his tyres he would not of lucked in on a 2 stop stratagey. Instead he 'lucked in.'

Ouch!

Forza Alonso!

Hamilton's drive in China was immense and he scythed through the field like a hot knife through butter overtaking all and sundry. The move he pulled on Vettel was great. Even Vettel said he didn't expect that move. To try to tarnish it just shows how biased you are against him. That was a superlative drive. It's not all down to tyres, after all Jenson used similar strategy and was miles behind (correct me if i'm wrong, i think he opted for the hard tyre somewhere but still the same number of stops I believe)

At that stage of the season, the Red Bull was better than the field but Hamilton made his car competitive. Something Jenson struggles to do when evrything's not set up perfectly.

It's funny, your idol Alonso and Hamilton are very similar in their approach to races and outperfrom their cars unlike their team mates (Hamilton tries to win fairly though Very Happy )

I'm tired of all the nonsense spouted here. We are fans of this sport and whilst we may not like every driver, they deserve our respect. I'm also guilty of this at times but I do this to counter some of the nonsense on here.

All the drivers are good at their jobs, some better than others, we are all entitled to our opinions but the constant bickering and silliness has run its course and I won't partake in it anymore

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Mon 12 Sep - 23:06

Belgarion of Riva wrote:Great race from Button yesterday. Unfortunately he isn't fast enough to compete with the best drivers on the grid. His qualifying pace is slow and people won't always gift him places on track.

He was less than half a tenth behind Lewis? in third, hardly terrible. 🤦

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Tue 13 Sep - 7:28

monty junior wrote:

My post refers to his qualifying over the course of the season, not just one race. He also admits his qualifying pace has been poor. 🤦

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Tue 13 Sep - 12:54

Bonjourno!

Not fast enough to compete with the fastest drivers on the grid?

I think the WDC reflects a more realistic point of view.

Forza Alonso!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Tue 13 Sep - 15:34

Forza Alonso!

The WDC is not over yet. First place has been decided but second place is up for grabs. At the end of the season, normal service would have resumed and our Jenson will be behind Fernando, Lewis and Webber

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Tue 13 Sep - 19:39

Belgarion of Riva wrote:
monty junior wrote:

My post refers to his qualifying over the course of the season, not just one race. He also admits his qualifying pace has been poor. 🤦

It's not been great but the points come on Sunday and Button has never been a great qualifier, most of the time granpa Barrichello was as quick if not quicker, but when it came to the races JB smoked him 8/10.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Sun 25 Sep - 17:46

Belgarion of Riva wrote:

Forza Alonso!

The WDC is not over yet. First place has been decided but second place is up for grabs. At the end of the season, normal service would have resumed and our Jenson will be behind Fernando, Lewis and Webber

Bonjourno!

Another race and another finish ahead of Senior Diaz, Hamilton and Webber. When will people like you stop knocking Jenson Button MBE and realise that this year, he has been brilliant. Only surpassed by Vettel.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Sun 25 Sep - 17:55

Who is knocking Jenson Button? I feel he's a better driver than Vettel.

You need to stop knocking Lewis Hamilton MBE. When you do we can have a proper debate.

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down