The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has Haye got the power to KO Vitali?

+24
wow_junky
WelshDevilRob
Jukebox Timebomb
samevans1
Soldier_Of_Fortune
punch drunk
man_utd9
hitmansam
BALTIMORA
kevchadders
Zeb the owl
eddyfightfan
John Bloody Wayne
compelling and rich
D4thincarnation
BoxingFan88
88Chris05
azania
manos de piedra
Billy Shears
HumanWindmill
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Imperial Ghosty
GeoffSnapes
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Has Haye got the power to KO Vitali? - Page 2 Empty Has Haye got the power to KO Vitali?

Post by GeoffSnapes Tue 08 Mar 2011, 12:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

On this forum and various others it is quite common to meet people who think Haye is highly likely to beat Wlad and Vitali. Whilst I don't personally think Haye will beat Wlad (I hope he does being English), I can understand the reasoning behind those who think Haye's power and speed will be too much for a fighter who has lost by KO 3 times in his career. I think Wlad has vastly improved since his last ko nearly 7 years ago, and has faced bigger punchers than the guys who ko'd him (bar from perhaps Sanders) since. However, whilst anything is possible in the heavyweight division, I cannot see the logic in Haye beating Vitali. The most common factor used seems to be Vitali's age, but he does not seem to have any stamina issues and someone on here has previously pointed out his fight against Johnson saw a new record for most punches thrown by a fighter in a hw bout (I agree Johnson was not punching back!). He looked as fresh in the 12th round as in the 1st. Can the same be said for Haye in bouts where he has been pushed to the late rounds? People may suggest that he could do the same as he did agaisnt Valuev, but that for me would lead to a UD loss or more likely a KO. Comparing Valuev and Vitali is like comparing Clottey and Pacquaio! Much is also made of Haye 'wobbling' the giant - for me he was caught more off balance and in shock at actually being hit after 12 rounds. Vitali has never been put down, and has taken Lennox Lewis's biggest shots - I don't think a 16 stone Hayemaker will suddenly be the Vitali breaker. Others have stated Vitali will be stopped on cuts. Yeh, Lewis did a good job at opening up his face, but how many others have managed it? The cuts were also as a result of Lewis standing and trading for a couple of rounds with Vitali - do you think Haye would still be standing if he traded with Vitali on that scale? - not me! Add to the fact that Vitali has not lost a round since the Lewis fight and there is no logical reason for picking a Haye win.
That said, lets hope Haye can defy all the odds and beat both Wlad and Vitali - against all the odds.

Boxing Challenges

Last edited by GeoffSnapes on Tue 08 Mar 2011, 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

GeoffSnapes

http://www.konkura.com/

Back to top Go down

Has Haye got the power to KO Vitali? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Haye got the power to KO Vitali?

Post by azania Sat 09 Apr 2011, 11:54 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:Haye needs to frustrate Wlad and make him come looking for him. Wlad is chinny and if Haye can get him out his stride and make him hunt him down I think Haye could get a KO

That's what Haye needs to do. But I think Wlad is too disciplined for that. also he is well aware that he will probably get a hometown decision should it go the distance. Haye needs to take Wlad away from his comfort zone. He is a very clever fighter and stays and understands his game plan. So does Wlad. Wlad has a simple but very effective style. Jab jab jab jab jab jab jab then jab some more. I cant for the life of me see how and why he is wildly popular in Germany. Then again Ottke was hugely popular. So what do I know.

azania

Back to top Go down

Has Haye got the power to KO Vitali? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Haye got the power to KO Vitali?

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 09 Apr 2011, 11:56 pm

That's the Germans for you they love a winner it doesn't matter how they do it just as long as they win.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 09 Apr 2011, 11:58 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:That's the Germans for you they love a winner it doesn't matter how they do it just as long as they win.

Like their football team. mad

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 10 Apr 2011, 12:03 am

azania wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:That's the Germans for you they love a winner it doesn't matter how they do it just as long as they win.

It's true mate and it works for them their football is really successful and i love it. Good old Germany always reliable to put out England Yahoo
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Apr 2011, 12:07 am

prettyboy1304 wrote:
azania wrote:

It's true mate and it works for them their football is really successful and i love it. Good old Germany always reliable to put out England Yahoo

ROFLMAO.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 10 Apr 2011, 12:36 am

It is true the K bro's are under no real pressure to put on performances which makes it easier for them they are just under pressure to win.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Apr 2011, 12:40 am

prettyboy1304 wrote:It is true the K bro's are under no real pressure to put on performances which makes it easier for them they are just under pressure to win.

They certainly and I applaud them for coming into fight always in prime shape. Credit to them. Still sleep inducing though although Vit is more willing to fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 10 Apr 2011, 12:42 am

azania wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:It is true the K bro's are under no real pressure to put on performances which makes it easier for them they are just under pressure to win.

They certainly and I applaud them for coming into fight always in prime shape. Credit to them. Still sleep inducing though although Vit is more willing to fight.

They are the ultimate professionals always in great shape. Very dull and boring but I think that has something to do with the standard of opponent they have had to contend with.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sun 10 Apr 2011, 8:44 am

I've said many times that I fear Haye's ' in and out ' won't be enough against Wlad.

Unless a fighter has it down as well as Ali did, the ' in and out ' is difficult against a man who significantly outreaches you and has a very good jab, which Wlad does. If Ruiz could outjab Haye from time to time - which he did - then I'm sure Wlad Klitschko can.

I'd much rather see Haye take a chance by feinting Wlad into throwing the jab, staying in range, and either blocking the jab with his right glove while SIMULTANEOUSLY firing one back, or slipping outside the jab, ( thus avoiding Wlad's follow up right hand, ) and countering over the top.

That's how Louis beat Buddy Baer, who was a very decent technician and the same size as Wlad. It's also, with a slight variation, the means by which Norton gave Ali fits.

I'll be rooting for Haye, but I suspect Wlad will score too often with his jab, wear him down and stop him late on.

Hope I'm wrong.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 10 Apr 2011, 3:58 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:I've said many times that I fear Haye's ' in and out ' won't be enough against Wlad.

Unless a fighter has it down as well as Ali did, the ' in and out ' is difficult against a man who significantly outreaches you and has a very good jab, which Wlad does. If Ruiz could outjab Haye from time to time - which he did - then I'm sure Wlad Klitschko can.

I'd much rather see Haye take a chance by feinting Wlad into throwing the jab, staying in range, and either blocking the jab with his right glove while SIMULTANEOUSLY firing one back, or slipping outside the jab, ( thus avoiding Wlad's follow up right hand, ) and countering over the top.

That's how Louis beat Buddy Baer, who was a very decent technician and the same size as Wlad. It's also, with a slight variation, the means by which Norton gave Ali fits.

I'll be rooting for Haye, but I suspect Wlad will score too often with his jab, wear him down and stop him late on.

Hope I'm wrong.

Valuev type tactics for me. Try and frustrate Wlad get him to come after Haye in the later rounds hopefully he will leave himself a bit open because he is a bit chinny and Haye does have some power.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Apr 2011, 4:27 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:I've said many times that I fear Haye's ' in and out ' won't be enough against Wlad.

Hope I'm wrong.

Bingo. That's exactly how I see it. Only problem is that Wlad is faster than given credit for. I dont think Haye is good enough or has the stamina for such tactics. He can do that against Vit as Vit is much slower and telegraphs his punches more.

Good post. Pity you had to spoil it by bringing in pre colour tv guys into it. Very Happy

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sun 10 Apr 2011, 4:32 pm

azania wrote:Good post. Pity you had to spoil it by bringing in pre colour tv guys into it. Very Happy

You mean TV can be seen in COLOUR now, az ?

I'll have to get one of those.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Apr 2011, 4:33 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
azania wrote:Good post. Pity you had to spoil it by bringing in pre colour tv guys into it. Very Happy

They also come in stereo. I take it you know what that is.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sun 10 Apr 2011, 4:36 pm

azania wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

Of course I do. I ALWAYS stare when I'm watching TV.

Nothing new in that.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Apr 2011, 4:38 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
azania wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

Nothing new in that.

Windy, you are certifiable. Hug

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sun 10 Apr 2011, 4:40 pm

azania wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
azania wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

Nothing new in that.

Why, thank you, az.

Don't know what it means, of course, but I'm sure you're being nice.

Just like the nurses here.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Apr 2011, 4:43 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
azania wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
azania wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

Nothing new in that.

Why, thank you, az.

Don't know what it means, of course, but I'm sure you're being nice.

Just like the nurses here.

Of course its nice. Would I say anything else Whistle

Anyway, time to put the straight-jacket on. I'll be typing with me feet soon and when the meds kick in, I'll be back to my old self.....whatever that is.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 10 Apr 2011, 7:46 pm

What fight were you watching if you didn't see Haye actually rock Valuev...?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Mon 11 Apr 2011, 5:36 am

And with his weaker hand may I add...

Haye certainly hits hard enough to flatten Wlad. It is a question of whether he will get near enough to do so.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 12 Apr 2011, 6:43 am

Most def, the hands went down and he wobbled on his feet, in the great words of Ian Darke "And he makes Valuev do a little dance!" Or something along those lines :P Also it wasn't even a CLEAN shot, I wonder if Haye hadn't broken his hand would he have taken him out?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 12 Apr 2011, 8:15 am

Valuev only wobbled because he was knackered at the end and got his feet stuck.

I doubt Haye could take out with single shots. Only chance would be very late on if Valuev was completely gassed.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoffSnapes Thu 14 Apr 2011, 6:24 pm

I'm in agreement with Manos - Valuev was knackered due to chasing Haye round for 11 rounds.

GeoffSnapes

http://www.konkura.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2