The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ismayl Sillakh - The Next Big LHW?

5 posters

Go down

Ismayl Sillakh - The Next Big LHW? Empty Ismayl Sillakh - The Next Big LHW?

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:41 am

Right now he seems to be the real deal to me... Don't know what you guys think of him however... His record is 17 wins with 14KO's and pretty much dominated all of his opponents.
He's now ranked in the top 10 LHW's at 10, beat a good up and comer with sheer ease in Yordanis Despaigne with absolute ease, and has virtually breezed through the rest of his opponents although they haven't been incredible...
He has a fantastic jab good mover and KO power and knows how to break opponents down, I would actually think he would beat Nathan Cleverly and comfortably at that in my opinion.

So how you see this guy then?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Ismayl Sillakh - The Next Big LHW? Empty Re: Ismayl Sillakh - The Next Big LHW?

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Wed 16 Nov 2011, 8:09 am

I've only saw the guy fight once but I've read about his other wins, from what i saw he looks like a very good fighter, good movement, real fast hands, shot selection like you Alex i also think he'd beat the clev, its a good job he's ranked inside the top ten now we can see him step up in class and see how he guys on, im expecting big things from him

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 16 Nov 2011, 8:16 am

I was watching him the other night actually and he does look to have all the necessary skills to have a decent career and certainly looks in shape.

I would question your assertion that he would beat Cleverly comfortably though. How can you possibly say that in the same paragraph as acknowledging the rather questionable level of Sillakh's opposition. For all the question marks around Cleverly, he has beaten a better level of opposition than Sillakh has so far. He may well go on to beat Cleverly but I would like to see him tested a bit more before we proclaim him as a comfortable winner.

He does look one to watch though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 16 Nov 2011, 12:11 pm

He could well be the main man in a coupe of years but it's a shame for him that he's based in Europe, this usually means he will be held back.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 16 Nov 2011, 10:38 pm

A very very good prospect and could well be the man the take the #1 spot at LHW. Hopkins can only go for so long, dawson seems uninterested, pascal gasses at the weight, Froch is limited and cleverly has a lot to learn.

Sillakh vs cleverly now, i would pick sillakh to win. Sillakh is a very good boxer with speed power and accuracy. Cleverly was outboxed on the outside by bellow who is a domestic level opponent. Sillakh is taller with a better jab and picks his shots better so i think he will get a UD vs nathan

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 16 Nov 2011, 11:06 pm

I know in terms of records you can't say he beats Cleverly but just looking at him he looks as though he would take him, and wouldn't have THAT much trouble either.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down