The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pascal vs Sillakh LHW Title Eliminator

+2
azania
Boxtthis
6 posters

Go down

Pascal vs Sillakh LHW Title Eliminator Empty Pascal vs Sillakh LHW Title Eliminator

Post by Boxtthis Mon 19 Dec 2011, 11:25 am

Surprised no one has mentioned this (or, if they did, I didn't notice!):

http://www.boxingscene.com/pascal-sillakh-eliminator-demarco-linares-ii-more-hits--47364

Looks like a great matchup to me. Pascal, looking to get back in the hunt after the Bhop loss, has been matched against up and comer Ishymal Sillakh. I've been watching Sillakh ever since Doug Fischer of the Ring raved about some of his sparring sessions against top guys. He looks to be the real deal, and I've been saying for a couple of years now that he's the future king of the LHW division. He seems super slick, great movement, above average power, good boxing brain. But, I was surprised that to hear that he's being given such a tough match already. I thought there would be at least 2 or 3 more fights to build him before he would be made to fight at this level. Jean Pascal is a former champion, who, while not possessing the greatest ring IQ, is athletically gifted, and powerful.

How do people see this one going? Personally I think Sillakh will surprise a lot of people and dismantle Pascal. But, then again, I thought Dawson would dismantle Pascal and I was wrong about that (still, I think he'd take a rematch easy enough). If Sillakh wins this he jumps quickly into the top-tier LHW mix. The WBC belt probably represents the hardest of the belts to challenge for however. Beibut Shumenov (WBA), Tavoris Cloud (IBF), and Nathan Cleverly (WBO) are all easier fights than the Hopkins-Dawson rematch winner imo.

Thoughts about this fight?

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Pascal vs Sillakh LHW Title Eliminator Empty Re: Pascal vs Sillakh LHW Title Eliminator

Post by azania Mon 19 Dec 2011, 11:30 am

Sillakh is superb. Inexperienced but has all the talent in the world. He'll take Pascal apart and will dominate the LHW division within the next 2 years. All roads will lead to him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Pascal vs Sillakh LHW Title Eliminator Empty Re: Pascal vs Sillakh LHW Title Eliminator

Post by J.Benson II Mon 19 Dec 2011, 11:34 am

I've got Sillakh by a comfortable UD.

I'm not really sold on Pascal and despite his impressive win over Dawson I think he has numerous technical flaws which are there to be exploited.

Sillakh has the potential to reach the pinnacle of the sport. The only issue I have with him is wheather he has problems making the 175lb limit as I know he's fought quite a few times at Cruiser.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Mon 19 Dec 2011, 1:07 pm

Could be too much too soon for Sillakh as his best win to date is Despaigne and seeing him at the weekend he has not got the heart for the pro game.

Sillakh has been knocked out in the amateurs and Pascal has hurt both Hopkins and Dawson so it could be tricky!

Sillakh could still do it already perhaps but I would rather see him go for Glen Johnson next; then maybe Cloud before going for such a warrior in Pascal
Unbeatable Georgey Groves

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 19 Dec 2011, 1:16 pm

This is a fantastic match (BoxNation best pick it up at least)

I would go for Sillakh, will be his hardest fight yet by a mile, like Georgey Groves says the best fighter he has fought has been Despaigne, who is a decent contender, though to be fair he did absolutely dismantle Despaigne and had him on the floor.

I would pick Sillakh via decision as I think Pascal gets beaten by a good jab and that is something Sillakh most certainly has.

I would rate Cloud ahead of Pascal though, unless you just meant stylistically Georgey.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Mon 19 Dec 2011, 1:26 pm

I did

Sillakh has a large reach advantage on both and can outbox both with relative ease. The difference is Pascal fights in burst throwing wide hooks which will be harder for Sillakh to deal with, and Cloud is very lazy, not throwing enough punches and has little head movement. I had Mack ahead before the KO

Cloud does have power in his left hook which is his best punch though

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Mon 19 Dec 2011, 1:31 pm

I'd put Cloud and Pascal on roughly level terms. This was always a fight I wanted to see - I think it would be a really entertaining match up between 2 really strong hard-hitting guys (both of whom don't quite have the ring IQ or understanding of movement & generalship to be top, top level but who are nonetheless formidable opponents).

I'd also rather have seen Sillakh move his way through a Glen Johnson, a Karo Murat, a Gabriel Campillo or two before taking a fight at Pascal's level, but I suppose it is nice to see him getting pushed. Might be too early for him, but we'll see.

There's a great combination of fights at LHW between Hopkins, Dawson, Pascal, Cloud, Cleverly, Sillakh, Erdei, and Shumenov. I'd actually put Dawson at the top of that pile (and an easy victor in a Pascal rematch), with Hopkins next, and Sillakh soon to be knocking on that top tier door. But, you could have the others fighting in some great matches. To be honest I think Cleverly is just about out of his depth in this company (barring perhaps Shumenov). I just wish the fights would get made. It's one of the most frustrating aspects about boxing. Getting a combination of two guys to fight can sometimes feel like getting blood from a stone.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Mon 19 Dec 2011, 1:38 pm

Unbeatable Georgey Groves wrote:Cloud is very lazy, not throwing enough punches and has little head movement. I had Mack ahead before the KO

Cloud does have power in his left hook which is his best punch though

Absolutely agree with this. Cloud seemed to have it in his head that he was way too strong for Mack and that he could just bulldoze him without trying to evade. I suppose that's what he did in the end, but he didn't look impressive at all. I agree that Sillakh would be too well schooled for that type of approach. At least Pascal will be leaping in and letting fast combinations go. That'll give Sillakh something to worry about. I suppose this'll be the time to see if he can take top professional level speed and power. No matter how smooth a boxer looks in his early career, this is always a bit of an unknown. Should be exciting to find out.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 19 Dec 2011, 1:41 pm

pascal doesn't seem to be able to mount assaults for any lengthy period of time. Sillakh is the future of the division and has the height and reach advantage as well as a brilliant jab and good power. I see him boxing to a UD but taking a couple of shots for his troubles

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Mon 19 Dec 2011, 1:44 pm

Another problem is Cloud is with Don King so trying to arrange a fight is a struggle to say the least

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down