The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smith v Fielding On....Sometime in Nov....British Title + WBC Eliminator

+3
Hammersmith harrier
SquaredCircle
Soldier_Of_Fortune
7 posters

Go down

Smith v Fielding On....Sometime in Nov....British Title + WBC Eliminator Empty Smith v Fielding On....Sometime in Nov....British Title + WBC Eliminator

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:58 pm

From the big man himself. Venue TBA....thoughts?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Smith v Fielding On....Sometime in Nov....British Title + WBC Eliminator Empty Re: Smith v Fielding On....Sometime in Nov....British Title + WBC Eliminator

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jul 2015, 7:40 pm

Smith to win, think we will see that he's on another levelto Rocky. Be a great atmosphere that night.

Back to top Go down

Smith v Fielding On....Sometime in Nov....British Title + WBC Eliminator Empty Re: Smith v Fielding On....Sometime in Nov....British Title + WBC Eliminator

Post by SquaredCircle Fri 10 Jul 2015, 7:44 pm

Would have said I favour smith for this one but given the way their respective last fights went I'm not as sure as I was.

SquaredCircle

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 10 Jul 2015, 7:49 pm

All is not as it seems with Callum IMO. He seems to have been moulded into a Joe Gallagher type of fighter. He can't defend a jab.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 10 Jul 2015, 7:50 pm

Smith will win quite comfortably i'd have thought, is the bigger puncher and the cuter boxer of the two but Fielding has improved to a level I felt was beyond him initially so could be a decent scrap.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 10 Jul 2015, 7:52 pm

I'd say Smith is the better boxer technically but not sure about puncher.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 10 Jul 2015, 7:55 pm

I think Adamu and Rebrasse are a good indicator SoF; think we can all agree that Groves hits hard, he stopped one of them comfortably (distance against Fielding) and couldn't dent the other (dropped by Smith). The body punching will be a big factor as it is in all Smith fights.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 10 Jul 2015, 7:58 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I think Adamu and Rebrasse are a good indicator SoF; think we can all agree that Groves hits hard, he stopped one of them comfortably (distance against Fielding) and couldn't dent the other  (dropped by Smith). The body punching will be a big factor as it is in all Smith fights.

Re Adamu fight...he came to survive. Rebrasse came to win. Everytime someone comes to put it on Rocky, they get knocked out.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 10 Jul 2015, 8:02 pm

Come on soldier.....Don't be silly...

Fielding spent a lot of his career disappointing..

Can't look further than Smith late..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 10 Jul 2015, 8:10 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Come on soldier.....Don't be silly...

Fielding spent a lot of his career disappointing..

Can't look further than Smith late..

Would have probably agreed with you before the last set of fights.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 10 Jul 2015, 8:11 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:I think Adamu and Rebrasse are a good indicator SoF; think we can all agree that Groves hits hard, he stopped one of them comfortably (distance against Fielding) and couldn't dent the other  (dropped by Smith). The body punching will be a big factor as it is in all Smith fights.

Re Adamu fight...he came to survive. Rebrasse came to win. Everytime someone comes to put it on Rocky, they get knocked out.

I highly doubt Fielding is dropping Rebrasse, sorry but I don't think it's much of a debate over who the bigger puncher of the pair is.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 10 Jul 2015, 8:18 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:

I highly doubt Fielding is dropping Rebrasse, sorry but I don't think it's much of a debate over who the bigger puncher of the pair is.

It's all a matter of opinion HH. Fielding is very heavy handed. Might not have better technique but IMO has more brute force.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 10 Jul 2015, 9:50 pm

Worth remembering, Adamu came to survive against what was probably a cruiserweight on the night.

Rockys improved, but Smith is the better boxer.

Last edited by PaulHv2 on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 10 Jul 2015, 10:20 pm

Let's pull a truss an here.

Vernon Forrest was better boxer then Mayorga....

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 11 Jul 2015, 11:51 am

Good fight. Potentially on the same card as Whyte vs Joshua would be good with maybe Khan vs Brook as the main? We can dream though....we can dream

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sat 11 Jul 2015, 6:27 pm

That would surprise me Mobile. I'd have thought Matchroom would want to make Joshua White and Callum Rocky separate cards. Plus surely the latter would be in Liverpool with the former in London, where the fighters are most popular.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sat 11 Jul 2015, 6:28 pm

Although, I hope you're right and I'm wrong to be honest.

The fight itself: give Rocky a puncher's chance but think Callum has too much.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down