The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carl Frampton vs Jeremy Parodi (EBU Title Defense / IBF World Title Eliminator)

+5
mobilemaster8
88Chris05
BoxingFan88
Lumbering_Jack
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
9 posters

Go down

Carl Frampton vs Jeremy Parodi (EBU Title Defense / IBF World Title Eliminator) Empty Carl Frampton vs Jeremy Parodi (EBU Title Defense / IBF World Title Eliminator)

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 14 Aug 2013, 7:24 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/23694548

So Frampton's first fight will be against Jeremy Parodi (??????)

Parodi brings a 35-1 record and holds some sort of IBF tin pot belt.

No names on Parodi's record either. Watched a youtube video and he doesnt look that good at all. He seems tiny, although the video shows him fight an opponent who looks very tall. Cant find any info on this guy at all.

Anyway, not fussed about this fight. Apart from a padded record, it seems like Parodi is your run of the mill European type opponent but it is a EBU fight so a 35-1 record maybe is a fair record to warrant a shot.

Thoughts?
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Carl Frampton vs Jeremy Parodi (EBU Title Defense / IBF World Title Eliminator) Empty Re: Carl Frampton vs Jeremy Parodi (EBU Title Defense / IBF World Title Eliminator)

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 14 Aug 2013, 10:23 pm

Who's the IBF champ these days?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Carl Frampton vs Jeremy Parodi (EBU Title Defense / IBF World Title Eliminator) Empty Re: Carl Frampton vs Jeremy Parodi (EBU Title Defense / IBF World Title Eliminator)

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 10:28 pm

Quigg has just got a shot at the WBA title. Rigo has been changed to super champion Shocked 

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 14 Aug 2013, 10:29 pm

Laughable. I don't really like Quigg anymore, he doesn't know how to talk properly and he's ducked Frampton.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 10:34 pm

You reckon so, Lumbering? I don't think either man has 'ducked' the other so far, to be honest. Frampton and McGuigan didn't really get vocal about making the fight happen until Quigg was already singed to fight Munroe, which obviously needed the rematch, so that was Quigg's second half of 2012 sorted. Since then, he's been trying to sort his promotional issues, which he's done now.

Anyway, the fact that Ryder-Saunders has been made has left me pretty confident that we'll get Quigg-Frampton at some stage, even with the divide between BoxNation and Sky, because as the Ryder-Saunders fight shows that difference can be sorted if there's enough will, money or interest.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 15 Aug 2013, 8:06 am

Even though its a nobody, i have no idea who Quiggs opponent is and didn't mcdonnell fight for a world title against a nobody with a padded record as well??

seems to be the "in" thing with our fighters these days, fighting over hyped bums with no proven record and all for world title eliminators or title shots. The only exceptions being our middleweights who fight the very best of the division.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Thu 15 Aug 2013, 8:31 am

I don't really think you can blame the fighters. Frampton beats Kiko Martinez and it's Martinez who gets the IBF title shot. How does that work? I hardly think that was Frampton's idea.

As for Quigg, he's been given a WBA title shot against Salinas, who hasn't really done anything to deserve a world title fight himself. Again, that's not Quigg's fault. He's not going to turn the fight down because of the substandard level of the opponent.

Neither Quigg nor Frampton have "ducked" each other. They're obviously looking at the long term. They can both win world titles and that sets up a big domestic world unification fight in the future.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 15 Aug 2013, 8:40 am

Same with Pacquiao.

Alvarado beats Rios and Rios fights Pacquiao for mega money.

The boxing world is a bit nuts at present.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 15 Aug 2013, 8:44 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:
Never been any different mate. Burley beats Zivic, Zivic gets the world title shot. If your face fits you get the chance.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Thu 15 Aug 2013, 8:44 am

This sets up Quigg-Frampton for a world title next year. Be a much bigger fight as world title on the line. Providing they both win of course.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 15 Aug 2013, 8:48 am

True.

Pedro, i think there is more chance of a Tommy Hearns comeback if you think they will lose. Both to win by KO with ease, hyping up how great their respective opponents were followed by Hearns stating that Quigh is top of the bunch at the weight.....even though Rigondeux and Donaire would crush Quigg.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Thu 15 Aug 2013, 8:53 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:Same with Pacquiao.

Alvarado beats Rios and Rios fights Pacquiao for mega money.

Yeah it is a bit, especially in the light welterweight and welterweight divisions. They're crammed with big names and quality fighters, so many good fights can be made there.

Pacquiao, despite coming off a loss, can hand pick his opponents. Rios could have been chosen for many reasons, maybe his come forward, aggessive style; maybe because he has a large fan base so will pull in the PPV numbers? I don't know. Personally, I think it's a great fight. Alvarado has a decent fight lined up with Provodnikov though for the full WBO belt so I'm sure he's not complaining.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Thu 15 Aug 2013, 8:53 am

I agree, I think they'll both win easily but you never know and only takes one of them to lose.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Thu 15 Aug 2013, 9:01 am

Jeremy's mum, Vanessa, would get it.

Proper MILF.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 15 Aug 2013, 9:12 am

I've uploaded your Quigg article......Because you don't write articles about Frampton do you...

So your Quigg stuff was objective...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down