The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 1, Page 7

+12
cherriesfna
sodhat
Nay
ncfc_Tooze
footballcrazy
Don Corleone187
The Special Juan
Fan Gilhaus
TwisT
Afro
FIFA Diva
nick_fury
16 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 1, Page 7 - Page 14 Empty Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 1, Page 7

Post by nick_fury Wed 16 Nov 2011, 10:16 am

Last edited by nick_fury on Fri 25 Nov 2011, 9:09 am; edited 8 times in total

nick_fury

Location : More West Coast than Viva & even further West Coast than Afro

Back to top Go down

Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 1, Page 7 - Page 14 Empty Re: Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 1, Page 7

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:05 pm

rejected my lawyer offers. They were very hard to decide this week.

Back to top Go down

Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 1, Page 7 - Page 14 Empty Re: Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 1, Page 7

Post by nick_fury Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:05 pm

I was pulled up on my tactics being too similar to last week.
So Afro is pulled up but I havent been.....there are some basics in mine which are the same, simple instructions such as marking, tackling etc. I have asked Lyons 1-1 draw with Liverpool to be looked into and the result altered accordingly.

The rest is pretty much the same for me.
I dont have time every week to write the same thing in different words.
With helping Viva and Afro to run the overall league and whilst maintaining our responsabilities in each of the individual league I cant guaurentee to have my tactics in every week like they consistantly have been.
So please understand going forward there could be poor/weak/10 line tactics from me at the best or just simply a defult win.

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:07 pm

I think the rules should be altered, however, i got told i got marked down by voters in previous weeks, for not having enough details in my tactics, i dont always have time to put lots of details on my tactics, and i think that rule needs to be looked at again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:07 pm

Can we not look to a workable solution Nick?

Last edited by Y I Man on Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:08 pm

Hey CF, congrats, I have a feeling you may win next week.

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:11 pm

can we just change the rule. Because losing 2 managers over this, isnt gonna help anything

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:13 pm

i dont always have time to put lots of details on my tactics, and i think that rule needs to be looked at again.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do I want to punch you for? That has nothing to do with what we're on about. When you write less tactics people have less to go with when doing your results. So stop jumping on this band wagon to get an advantage.

I'm getting peed off at this can't we just drop the whole thing and carry on with the league, lets just advertise Fioretina and Everton and maybe Lyon if Nick decides to quit.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:13 pm

I do the same and have the basic tactics as a base each week, and instructions for regular first teamers don't change a great deal because they're always supposed to play to their strengths...why would I alter it?

It's a shame if people can't continue because of this, very few people have the required time to play these games.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:13 pm

Im staying.

My match with Livepool ahs been looked over, I have broken the same rules as Afro so I have a 2-0 loss.

Fan, result for you pal

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:16 pm

glad your staying nick, good man.....

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:18 pm

xTwisTx wrote:
Y I Man wrote:With regards to the tactics issue.
I thought from the start that we couldn't use the same tactics as done in previous weeks. I do write mine from scratch each week, but I also understand there are more important things in life than a fantasy football game and people dont have the time.

I dont want to see any managers quitting over this, rather lets come to a compromise? If the majority of managers are ok with utilising previous tactics then can we all agree that is ok for everyone to do?

Plus isn't that more life like? You play your strongest side week in and week out. Flip side to this is that you assess the tactics of the club your playing against and plan accordingly. However, we can't do due to the gentlemanly agreement.

We are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I know I have just joined but how about this for an idea......you PM your tactics to the correct league leader direct. We keep to a deadline and stick to it (if you miss it, tough). Then the league leaders post them all up altogether the next day and we vote as usual. Then when the results of that weeks games have been collected and given out, the tactics used are posted up somewhere else and you are free to look at them for the next weeks games. Only that previous weeks tactics are posted (so you only get one set of tactics per team). That way, you can change your team based upon what your opponent did the previous week, assessing their weaknesses and strengths. However, as they have been PMed first, you cannot see what your opponent's tactics are for the game against you, until the deadline has passed. That way a good manager can beat a better team with better tactics based on this information, and everyone has a level playing field.

I think my idea got lost on bottom of page 13 lol.

Also, if some people don't have time to post detailed tactics, lets just keep it relatively simple. You have tactics for Goalkeeper and Defence, Midfield and then Strikers. Then tactics if losing and then tactics if winning. If we all keep to the same format and an agreed word limit for each bit, then we can't argue if it is more detailed or not. I mean, for fullbacks for example, how much detail you need?! It is either stay back, or overlap and get crosses in. Same for CB's. Results should be decided based upon X team/formation against Y team/formation. Not because someone has wrote a saga, otherwise it will come down to writing skills. If some manager wants to use the same formation because of the players he has, then fair play. I will just come up with a formation that beats it. That is what it is like in real life.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:20 pm

really dont see the mojor problem,

i write my tactics from scrath but if there is enough variation it should be OK, also if your teams just come off a victory you dont want to change things too much.

look at bournemouth we basicly do the same thing away each game and we are unbeaten in 7 away league games.

really no need for people to lose teams over this, especialy twoof the leagues runners,
im happy to forgive and forget (if i even need to)and just get on with it.

all in all its just a game
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:21 pm

cherriesfan wrote:really dont see the mojor problem,

i write my tactics from scrath but if there is enough variation it should be OK, also if your teams just come off a victory you dont want to change things too much.

look at bournemouth we basicly do the same thing away each game and we are unbeaten in 7 away league games.

really no need for people to lose teams over this, especialy twoof the leagues runners,
im happy to forgive and forget (if i even need to)and just get on with it.

all in all its just a game

thumbsup why change a winning formula......also teams have to change when injuries are said.

although i have to change mine as only won one game lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:30 pm

[quote="VivaPaulScholesI'm getting peed off at this can't we just drop the whole thing and carry on with the league, lets just advertise Fioretina and Everton and maybe Lyon if Nick decides to quit.[/quote]

clapclap
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:33 pm

You may have won two next week

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:43 pm

I think the rule should be changed.

Actually I think it should be clarified, as there was nothing wrong with it originally, it just wasn't clear.

You cannot put no effort into tactics and just copy and paste from the previous week. Where the tactics are similar, but it is clear that you have put time in to tailor them to that weeks game, there is no problem. There is no need to write from scratch each week as that is unrealistic - managers don't have to tell their players the same basic tactics every week.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:47 pm

But to be consistent, similar tactics will continue to be penalised until the end of the season. This is to ensure that we are consistent throughout a whole season and not giving a benefit to one team or another.

The "new interpretation" of the rules will take effect for season 2
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:48 pm

Where has Hero gone? Left an offer on his page.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:49 pm

Hasnt been seen through all this, shock horror hey

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:51 pm

Leave it out Nick.

Let's just agree on the right compromise on the interpretation of the rules and get on with the league
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:52 pm

Ill agree to that.

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:53 pm

I'm just sorry Afro, I never wanted you to quit over this at all.
I just felt at weeks like the one when I got dragged over hot coals for my tactics that it felt unfair to me that it didn't seem to be the same set of rules.
Please reconsider.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:54 pm

Twist - on your suggestion, I like the idea of private submission of tactics and it has been suggested before (by Hero I think?).

The only down side is that is just creates more work for the runners. I think to make it happen, we would need one person from each league to volunteer to be the one that tactics are PM'd to.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:57 pm

Hero - I've got no grievances with you and I completely understand where you are coming from.

To be consistent for the rest of the season, we need to be penalising everyone who submits tactics that are too similar.

I cannot do my tactics so as to not break that rule and get deducted 2 goals, so I would just be wasting my time and also making the league uncompetitive

I am completely relaxed about my decision.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue 22 Nov 2011, 4:00 pm

I've got nothing more to say about this and going to carry on as normal, only Fernando has gone to look for new managers. Cheers Fernando, Hero if you know anyone who wants to take over Everton and Fiorentina please advertise.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 22 Nov 2011, 4:00 pm

Who hasn't voted on Nick's league's cup and who hasn't even submitted their cup tactics yet...
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 22 Nov 2011, 4:01 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:Twist - on your suggestion, I like the idea of private submission of tactics and it has been suggested before (by Hero I think?).

The only down side is that is just creates more work for the runners. I think to make it happen, we would need one person from each league to volunteer to be the one that tactics are PM'd to.

How about a better idea. You sent up a new user, that you, Viva and Nick (maybe Hero) knows the password for. Call it Tactic Submission. Then every week we PM this username.

All you 3 would have to do would be to log in as this user and check the PM's. Plus all 3 would have access. Does that make things easier or am I missing the point?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 22 Nov 2011, 4:05 pm

right completly bambozelde about the cup

when the deadline for tacics

how do yyou vote

what happens if u dont have 3 U-21s

one that note U-21 for 3 million
give names lets do it quick
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 22 Nov 2011, 4:08 pm

cherriesfan wrote:right completly bambozelde about the cup

when the deadline for tacics

how do yyou vote

what happens if u dont have 3 U-21s

one that note U-21 for 3 million
give names lets do it quick

I posted an offer on your page this morning cherries

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 22 Nov 2011, 4:11 pm

Deadline was yesterday, but we are extending it as it is first time.

You vote on the cup page in the league sub-forum

If you don't have 3 U21,s you buy some - try releases, there are some cheap ones in there.

I only have 3 U21s so can't sell
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue 22 Nov 2011, 4:17 pm

I can't wait to see Fridays tactics, half of the people here can't spell properly never mind doing tactics. Auto wins all the way. Laugh
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 22 Nov 2011, 4:19 pm

If there is no new Fiorentina manager, I will submit tactics, but I am going to use a thesaurus (sp?)!!!
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue 22 Nov 2011, 4:20 pm

Afro you might as well keep Fiorentina, we won't find a manager and if we do he'll stay for two weeks kill the club and leave.

Just start doing your tactics a little each day.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 22 Nov 2011, 4:22 pm

just to ask
who where the previous spurs managers cause im not happy with them.
Selling the entire midfield VDV Modric lennon Bale.

and honestly am i killing the club or rebuilding it?.
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 22 Nov 2011, 4:29 pm

I doubt Ill get tactics in this week. Sorry
Cf, good new for you tho lol

cherries, your rebuilding it, but killing to rebuild lolol

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 22 Nov 2011, 4:33 pm

can someone check my cup tactics and see if there OK or if my bullet points are too long
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue 22 Nov 2011, 4:39 pm

I think the bullet points are too long, they should be 10 lines not 10 sentences. The rest of it looks fine OK

Sent an offer to you Cherry can you get back to me please
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 22 Nov 2011, 4:41 pm

Im sad, someone leave me a big money offer to and accept for a poo player to cheer me up......any takers............

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2011, 4:44 pm

nick_fury wrote:I doubt Ill get tactics in this week. Sorry
Cf, good new for you tho lol

cherries, your rebuilding it, but killing to rebuild lolol

its not good news. i would rather win games properly then by default.

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 22 Nov 2011, 4:46 pm

Well tell you what, If I cant make it would you mind delaying match for a day or so??

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 22 Nov 2011, 4:48 pm

I need a new offer guys Benayoun is only in on loan thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2011, 4:50 pm

i dont mind, its not up to me mate. Its up to everyone else, my tactics will be in on friday, but if ya wanna delay the game, its down to everyone else...

however that means that your tactcis wont be in till monday dont it.

or just do them piece by piece day to day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 22 Nov 2011, 4:58 pm

Fine with me ^

Right I'm off folks. Might be on later, otherwise catch you all tomorrow.

And voting for the cup in Nick's league closes at midnight.

Hopefully get the other cup voting open tomorrow.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2011, 4:59 pm

to be honest if they arent going up till monday nick, then that means are result will take ages to come out

however doing little bits and pieces of tactics everday would work

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 22 Nov 2011, 5:04 pm

If anyone's looking for me, I'm still here but will be very quiet. A bottle of water ended up opening all over my notes and if they don't dry properly I'll need to rewrite them (about 80-100 hours of lectures).
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 22 Nov 2011, 5:06 pm

TSC wrote:If anyone's looking for me, I'm still here but will be very quiet. A bottle of water ended up opening all over my notes and if they don't dry properly I'll need to rewrite them (about 80-100 hours of lectures).

Ouch, good luck there!

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 22 Nov 2011, 5:09 pm

Hero wrote:
TSC wrote:If anyone's looking for me, I'm still here but will be very quiet. A bottle of water ended up opening all over my notes and if they don't dry properly I'll need to rewrite them (about 80-100 hours of lectures).

Ouch, good luck there!

Thanks. It's just been "one of those days". It's a good thing I can laugh this off, otherwise I'd be smashing stuff up lol.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Tue 22 Nov 2011, 5:48 pm

Sorry didn't know cup tactics were to be in, will get them in today.

My bad

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2011, 6:42 pm

nick_fury wrote:Well tell you what, If I cant make it would you mind delaying match for a day or so??

if our result can still come out on the same day as everyone else's (tuesday), then i dont have an issue with it, considering it is our game lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 22 Nov 2011, 6:43 pm

That will depend on everyone voting. It will probably be a day later, but isn't going to make a difference to your result
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next