The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should I be more excited?

+7
theundisputedY2D2
Lex-Express
Samo
psycho-gooner
Kay Fabe
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Dr Gregory House MD
11 posters

Go down

Should I be more excited? Empty Should I be more excited?

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 16 Nov 2011, 12:04 pm

It's Survivor Series, It's Madison Square Garden and it's the return of 'The Most Electirfying Man in Sports Entertainment' to the ring as he teams with the biggest star of the current era.

And yet I have to keep reminding myself not to go to bed early on Sunday Night.

I was chatting a mate at uni the other the day, who with 'mark' being to harsh a word is definatly openly enthusiastic about wrestling, and he is freaking out about this match and the night in general.

Is anyone else not as excited about this as they probably should be? If your not why? or am I just being a bit of a curmudgeon?

Thanks

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Should I be more excited? Empty Re: Should I be more excited?

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 16 Nov 2011, 12:23 pm

I'm failing to be excited by The Rock and I don't know why. He's doing exactly the same things he would have done 10 years ago - but now I'm not looking at him like it's cool - but more looking at him like he's a jerk.

That said, I am excited for Survivore Series because WWE is on such a roll at the moment. I'm just hoping Slater is involved somehow - that will make my night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:36 pm

I think you're right to be underwhelmed, as soon as Cena comprehensively kicked both Miz and Truth's asses by himself the match lost all the anticipation it should have had, that was idiotic booking in the extreme, that's why I thought it would lead to a Cena heel turn, it would be the only thing that would make that ridiculous piece of booking make any sense

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Wed 16 Nov 2011, 5:24 pm

I'm not excited, I'm only interested to see who screws over who. I'm more annoyed at WWEs treatment of Awesome Truth, Del Rio and Team Barrett once Orton squashes them all OK

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 16 Nov 2011, 7:37 pm

Im not very excited about anything apart from seeing The Great One in action again.

Its shaping up to be the most predicatble PPV of the year.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Thu 17 Nov 2011, 10:48 am

I havnt been excited by anything the wwe has done in months and months, its all just too blinkin predictable

Gotta be honest prob just give SS a miss and catch up during the week on wweo.net

why stay up till 4am just to be disappointed as per usual

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 17 Nov 2011, 10:56 am

WWE haven't helped themselves over the piece.

The Rock comes back for Wrestlemania 27 - but he's not wrestling.

It's announced that John Cena will take on the Rock - at Wrestlemania 28.

The Rock and John Cena engage in a war of words - over Twitter and via taped promos.

It's announced that the Rock will team up with John Cena at Survivor Series.

John Cena goes on TV and asks the Rock to be his tag partner at Survivor Series, despite it already being announced they will team up. Then he handily whoops the 2 guys they're meant to face.

The Rock accepts Cena's offer - via satellite - then when he returns to RAW they both whoop the 2 guys they will face at Survivor Series.

It's no wonder you're not excited.

I'm starting to think they should have just had John Cena v The Rock at Wrestlemania 27. It would have been harsh on the Miz I know but it would have saved a lot of kerfuffle.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 17 Nov 2011, 11:02 am

I'm buzzing to see the great one back in the ring, I feel he and cena have worked pretty well with each other and kept the feud gathering momentum- I thought rocks satellite promos were quite good but just lacked that spark he gets from a live crowd.

The booking for ss has been poor and it's poor of the rock to announce the match pre kayfabe.

The wwe are also being lazy and just using this to sell the ppv, hhh mash has gone cold and punks sort of ambling along doing nothing bit burying ADR.

The rock is the only excitement for the ppv imo.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 17 Nov 2011, 11:04 am

Triple H is injured isn't he? Due to Nash dumping him on his neck. So that can't be helped.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 17 Nov 2011, 11:09 am

Didnt say it could, just feel the lack of excitement is due to storylines falling apart rather than the rock cena being predictable.

Team hhh vs team John l for control of raw, team Barrett vs team orton, cena/rock vs Miz/truth (if they aren't in ss match), a strong ADR vs punk for title and mid card matches would have everyone buzzing, no?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 17 Nov 2011, 11:16 am

What exactly are they trying to do with John Laurinaitis?

He isn't really...anything. He is slightly heelish, but apart from that, he's just a boring, almost inaudible, GM.

I hope they are going somewhere with this, and he goes fully heel, as it is he just sucks.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 17 Nov 2011, 11:18 am

He's working for someone.

Probably the same person who was the Anonymous Raw GM.

Hence, he is always on the phone

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 17 Nov 2011, 11:21 am

Yes, but it feels like momentum has been lost in building him up as a heel, or even the person directing him as a heel... He seems to be a bit too fair in his judgements at the moment. And he cares about his 38,000 followers! Don't forget that!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Thu 17 Nov 2011, 11:51 am

Rock in particular has been disappointing...

I thought the obvious thing for Rock was to come back in full blown Hollywood mode (early 2003) and be a jerk to everyone and be especially patronising of Cena. This way the crowd splits between PG and Attitude like it has anyway and as Rock becomes increasingly aggressive towards Cena, (like continuing to cost him title matches or title shots) Cena can build some more sympathy heat. I accept that Cena is getting booed out of the building no matter what at Wrestlemania, but it would help to sow seeds of a darker edgier Cena. I thought this was where they were going after the first couple of promos, but this Team Bring It stuff is awful, and it seems Rock has a bet on how many lame catchphrases he can get a crowd to chant.

However I remain hopeful that something big is going down on Sunday as Survivor Series is traditionally the starting point for the big build to Wrestlemania.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 17 Nov 2011, 1:00 pm

Can't agree with those sentiments about the rock, even with his mastery of the crowd he would struggle to get the crowd to boo him after such a long absence.

I think he's been good and with his limited schedule would have struggled to have any sort of role you suggest.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu 17 Nov 2011, 1:05 pm

I was excited six months again, not so much now!

Having a fued via video link isn't exciting!

Hopefully, he'll be epic at Survivor Series and get my interest back!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Thu 17 Nov 2011, 1:41 pm

Ent wrote:Can't agree with those sentiments about the rock, even with his mastery of the crowd he would struggle to get the crowd to boo him after such a long absence.

I think he's been good and with his limited schedule would have struggled to have any sort of role you suggest.

I think you misunderstood me, Rock is getting cheered no matter what and being at his most arrogant and Hollywood persona would if anything eventually garner even more love because he was most loved by the fans when he was least likeable (as a character).

The Rock getting constantly cheered for putting down Cena especially could lead to Cena's turn via a similar way to Bret Hart's turn in 1997. The cheering for Rock despite his being a massive p***k finally starts getting to Cena during the build, then you can either turn Cena, or at least have his character regain some of the edge that set him apart from everyone in the first place.

The PG era is ending soon, not Sunday and maybe not even at Wrestlemania, but within the next year or so, its ending. But if the WWE want it to work at all well, it has to be built over time and executed well.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 17 Nov 2011, 1:49 pm

The fans loved him as both his heel incarnations but still booed him, I think it would have been wasted to try it.

The cena angle writes itself, he wrestles 3-4 times a week all over the world and rock gets bigger reaction than he ever does for just turning up.

It may have disappointed you that he wasnt heel wen he came bak but that doesn't make him disappointing.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Thu 17 Nov 2011, 2:43 pm

Ent wrote:The fans loved him as both his heel incarnations but still booed him, I think it would have been wasted to try it.

The cena angle writes itself, he wrestles 3-4 times a week all over the world and rock gets bigger reaction than he ever does for just turning up.

It may have disappointed you that he wasnt heel wen he came bak but that doesn't make him disappointing.

Actually Rocky always started with boos each time he was Heel but was always cheered by the end. Which is a weird opposite of his face runs where he ends up being booed.

I'm not disappointed only because he's not heel, it would have been ludicrous for me to expect anything but awful 50-50 booking they've given us. I just feel it would have been better story telling for Cena to turn on the fans after all these years of playing it cool about the mixed reactions he gets. The Rock feud would help build to that point.

But Rock's promos have been distinctly average compared to the expected standard. In 2003 when he came back as a Heel, his promo style changed quite a bit and not just because he was Heel. He seems to have come back with his more standard 2001 Invasion era promos, which were part of the reason he was so stale by 2002. Rocky and WWE should have stepped it up. Even the trash talking on Cena is awful name calling instead of the awesome mockery he used to deliver like the Billy Gunn promo or the pre Armageddon 2000 promo where he rips each of his opponents for what they are actually like instead of just ripping on Cena's t-shirts and kids liking him. I thought this RAW just gone was a perfect chance for Rock to point out again how Cena's own home state fans boo him. Thats more personal and definitely more cutting than mocking his merchandise.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down