The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gloucester (Cider) v Quins (Fine Wine)

+8
Bristolian
EnglishReign
propdavid_london
Cumbrian
Time For Trumpton
HongKongCherry
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
yappysnap
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gloucester (Cider) v Quins (Fine Wine) - Page 2 Empty Gloucester (Cider) v Quins (Fine Wine)

Post by yappysnap Fri 18 Nov 2011, 10:43 am

First topic message reminder :

Put this in the right section now!

Thought i'd start a thread for this weekends HC pool 6 match between the two English sides Glos and Quins.

Harlequins come in to this game off the back of 11 straight victories and a tough home win over a spirited Connacht team. At the moment they're flying high but the weaknesses, especially in the forwards are slowly being shown up, and an injury to key centre Lowe will cause us some real grief in the weeks to come.

Gloucester on the other hand have managed 4 wins and 4 losses in the prem including their first loss at home to Saracens in two years. Last weekend they also lost to European giants Toulouse in France in a spectacular game which but for a bit of luck they could have won.

Both teams are absolutely crammed with young English talent and what's even better they all seem to enjoy playing running rugby and looking for tries. Once the teams are up i'm going to do some match ups on young and old players to watch out for.

Match ups to look out for:
Trinder v Hopper
May v Brown
Sharples v Smith
Qera v Robshaw

Gloucester Rugby:
Jonny May; Charlie Sharples, Henry Trinder, Mike Tindall, Lesley Vainikolo; Freddie Burns, Rory Lawson; Nick Wood, Scott Lawson, Rupert Harden; Will James, Jim Hamilton; Peter Buxton (capt), Akapusi Qera, Alasdair Strokosch

Replacements:

Darren Dawidiuk, Dan Murphy, Dario Chistolini, Tom Savage, Luke Narraway, Dave Lewis, Tim Taylor, Tom Voyce

Quins team
1. Marler
2. Gray
3. Johnston
4. Vallejos
5. Robson
6. Fa'asavalu
7. Robshaw ©
8. Easter
9. Dickson
10. Evans
11. S. Smith
12. Turner Hall
13. Hopper
14. Stegmann
15. Brown

16. Brooker
17. Mayhew
18. Fairbrother
19. Matthews
20. Wallace
21. Care
22. Clegg
23. Casson

Points to note, Kohn will be out till the new year with a bicep injury so Valejos makes his first start for us. And a big shout out to ex-Pirate Matt Hopper coming in for the injured George Lowe (worried face).

Should be a good game and even before the teams are up i'm going to guess the result.
Heart say's Quins by 3
Head say's Glos by 5

Last edited by yappysnap on Fri 18 Nov 2011, 12:47 pm; edited 3 times in total

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Gloucester (Cider) v Quins (Fine Wine) - Page 2 Empty Re: Gloucester (Cider) v Quins (Fine Wine)

Post by yappysnap Tue 22 Nov 2011, 5:23 pm

Not many top class scrummies out there though who wouldn't be going to France. Maybe Joe Simpson would like a better club? Or Micky Young? Otherwise probably best with academy boys. My diaries pretty free in the new year but I warn you I charge big and love the celebrity lifestyle.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Gloucester (Cider) v Quins (Fine Wine) - Page 2 Empty Re: Gloucester (Cider) v Quins (Fine Wine)

Post by HongKongCherry Wed 23 Nov 2011, 12:52 pm

We may end up taking you up on that yappy...
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2