The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

English bitterness!

+4
Josiah Maiestas
mystiroakey
legendkillar
Sugar Floyd Louis
8 posters

Go down

English bitterness! Empty English bitterness!

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Fri 18 Nov 2011, 1:07 pm

I'm no massive supporter of FIFA.. however I'm all for other nations given the chance to host WORLD cups, sure we would be better equipped but that's besides the point.

It seems as though whenever a decision made by the authorities goes against us then they MUST have some sort of vendetta against us, complete nonsense.

FIFA is in need of an overhaul, Blatter needs to go etc but even in 50 years with a different committee, should England fail in a bid to host something, no doubt people will throw accusations about.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

English bitterness! Empty Re: English bitterness!

Post by legendkillar Fri 18 Nov 2011, 1:19 pm

I have to say that this thread is nearly a year old and irrelavent to the issue at hand.

To say there is no racism in football when a case is being heard and player charged as a result is plain stupidity on Blatter's behalf. Does not matter if he said it fool-heartidly or not. Racism in football is an ongoing problem to which there is no immediate remedy.

Blatter has failed football in general with decisions on Technology, Bids for Major Tournaments, Racism and other politics such as 'seedings' in play off situations in qualification to tournaments to hand favourable odds to teams who under perform. Is this really leadership? No, it is incompetance. Yes it is un-fortunate for England to have suffered from some of the above, but let's not detract from the issue at hand and the statement he made.

It would be like David Cameron saying 'There is no Racism in England'

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 18 Nov 2011, 4:57 pm

Jay z- so you agree that blatter should go and that fifa needs an overhaul- why bring up supposed 'english bitterness'. The accusations thrown about have all been based on certain truths.

not sure why you want to take a stance that we were blaming them after we lost the bid.

Lord tireman said that spain would win 2010 and russia would get the 2018 wc way before the bids were out due to curroption. There was a panarama on fifa curroption before the vote was made- this is not sour grapes from losing the bid(it was before!!!!)- we have allways had a problem with fifa- for so many reasons in recent years. please speak the facts .

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Thu 24 Nov 2011, 9:15 pm

Considering various members of FIFA who have been proven to have taken bribes have still not been subjected to prison life, proves that FIFA are not being run to the letter of the law. I don't see that many people being too bothered about not hosting the WC anyway, or have you seen 10 comments in a football forum and gone off on one? Wink
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Fri 25 Nov 2011, 1:26 pm

jay-z, to claim our hatred of the most corrupt organisation on earth (FIFA) and the totally inept (and corrupt) boss of that organisation, is simply "English bitterness!" goes to show that you've either got some irrational hatred of England, you don't understand the level of corruption that's gone on at FIFA, or you just don't have a clue how to use the English language properly.

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by trickstat Sun 27 Nov 2011, 12:46 pm

legendkillar wrote:and other politics such as 'seedings' in play off situations in qualification to tournaments to hand favourable odds to teams who under perform.

I always think it's very dubious how the seeding criteria for play-off draws seem to be decided at the last moment. Surely if seeding is going to be used, the criteria should be set before the qualifying matches start. Other sports (e.g. athletics) have seeding rules set out in black and white in their rule books.

trickstat

Back to top Go down

Post by Riggs Mon 28 Nov 2011, 3:43 pm

As some quite rightly say, this thread isn't about "English bitterness" but more specifically FIFA's obvious dis-like of England and English fans.

To be honest, it seems that anything English or England is fifa's no' 1 target to put down or show some type of dominance over then others follow suit in terms of fifa's list of people or country to go against.

Fifa's dis-like of England or English is built out of ill-logical stupidity.

But, because of corruption, no one single person outside of Fifa can change that, or will, situation.

Riggs

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 28 Nov 2011, 3:55 pm

jay-z wrote:I'm no massive supporter of FIFA.. however I'm all for other nations given the chance to host WORLD cups, sure we would be better equipped but that's besides the point.

While I would agree that all nations should have the chance to host major sporting events, they should also have to prove they are capable of delivering the goods, facilities-wise and infrastructure-wise. If they can't then they don't - simple as that.

jay-z wrote:It seems as though whenever a decision made by the authorities goes against us then they MUST have some sort of vendetta against us, complete nonsense.

Are you not aware then of the thinly-veiled dislike of Britain (and England in particular) of most other European leaders? The rest of Europe has always viewed us with a certain amount of suspicion and distrust because of our stance of standing slightly apart from the rest of Europe. FIFA is as political as the European Parliament and I think a certain amount of anti-English feeling has crossed barriers between organisations. I wouldn't go so far as to say there's a vendetta of any kind, but we certainly aren't best friends with anyone there.

jay-z wrote:
FIFA is in need of an overhaul, Blatter needs to go etc but even in 50 years with a different committee, should England fail in a bid to host something, no doubt people will throw accusations about.

Only if there are reasonable grounds for complaint. As other posters have already pointed out, our grievances were fully justified.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down